Or For F’s Sakes | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Or For F’s Sakes

When Tucker's 3rd down run didn't get the first, I was devastated.

I knew Dino couldn't make a 4th down decision quickly, so he'd call timeout.

I knew because he called timeout, he'd talk himself out of going for it and kick.

And I knew that kick would miss because our kicker hasn't been good from 40+ this year. Maybe it's the holder, who knows who cares, I just know they're not going thru the uprights.

Nothing that ultimately happened bothered me as much as not making that first down.

I also thought that attempt to run clock at the end of the first half was terrible, and ultimately cost 7 points.
wildhack is smart enough to see all this. this is fixable but berbers has to want to

wildhack is smart enough to see all this. this is fixable but berbers has to want to
I really want to see what this team can do next year with the vast majority of contributors returning, so if Dino accepts some help with this stuff let’s keep it going and see what happens in 2022

True.

I'm assuming Dino would have called that TO anyway. That is the Dino way. Big play and Dino probably calls a TO in a situation like that. If the team was organized they could have set up and gone for the 1st without a TO, but we don't seem to function that way.
I agree. I don’t know why Dino gets a pass from some of our fan base for the team regularly being disorganized for late game management. That’s 100% on him and it has directly affected the outcome of multiple games this season.

Clemson wasn’t scoring in 40 seconds. Did you watch the game?

Its actually somewhat irrelevant if anyone thought they could or couldn’t. You don’t give the other team the chance and call a TO there. Teams go all game long with no offense and score in less than a minute. It’s why people pay for the redzone channel. Even if they didn’t go and score, you don’t give them the time to try.

This is actually really kind of simple stuff.

Get blown out by 40: fire him
Lose by 3 on a 50/50 decision: fire him

these are not the same thing, but you wouldn’t know it from the reaction. I’ll see you guys Tuesday when we’re back in normal land
It wasn’t a 50/50 decision. The best coaches have situational awareness. Stop giving him a pass for that.

IF the FG was the call - WHY do you call TO there???

Run the clock down, call TO with like :02 seconds on play clock.
It’s Football 101.

IF you call TO (and we did), it’s to draw up the 4th & short play you want to run.

I was 1,444% sure Andre was gonna miss that FG as soon as he trotted out there.
He was 1-4 from 40+ this season, and this was from 48.

Our Groza Award kicker has left the building.
Years ago.
This is Just A Guy wearing Andre’s uniform.

Which is why you GO FOR IT THERE.

Play to win.
You're absolutely right in that it was awful time management, once again. However, the reason was because he didn't know what the hell he wanted to do so he needed a timeout to think, once again. The dude just can't seem to think one play ahead.

Get blown out by 40: fire him
Lose by 3 on a 50/50 decision: fire him

these are not the same thing, but you wouldn’t know it from the reaction. I’ll see you guys Tuesday when we’re back in normal land

How many p5 games has he won in 6 years? What’s his record in ACC play?

The questions are being asked because this is a coach that has proven he’s not a consistent winner. But yeah, cant question the amazing record he’s got.

When Tucker's 3rd down run didn't get the first, I was devastated.

I knew Dino couldn't make a 4th down decision quickly, so he'd call timeout.

I knew because he called timeout, he'd talk himself out of going for it and kick.

And I knew that kick would miss because our kicker hasn't been good from 40+ this year. Maybe it's the holder, who knows who cares, I just know they're not going thru the uprights.

Nothing that ultimately happened bothered me as much as not making that first down.

I also thought that attempt to run clock at the end of the first half was terrible, and ultimately cost 7 points.
The problem is he didn't have to make a 4th down decision quickly. He should have had a plan during the TO prior to 3rd and 2. If we get the 1st down do this. If we do not then do that. The fact that he had no plan is very worrisome. And what if we did get the 1st down? I am just glad we didn't spike it on 4th down to kill the clock.

Great call play calling Tucker runs about 55 yards down to the 20 something yard line Dino decides call time out and then they go in and the next play they have his elite passer throw the ball into a flock of defenders and we turn the ball over we needed a time out for that play God
Dabo called the timeout

Great call play calling Tucker runs about 55 yards down to the 20 something yard line Dino decides call time out and then they go in and the next play they have his elite passer throw the ball into a flock of defenders and we turn the ball over we needed a time out for that play God

Lots of bad stuff happens to us after a timeout and has for a while now. That is telling of the caliber of in game coaching we have.

All the more reason to go for it.

Also, the lack of urgency on the drive was mesmerizing.
I was mesmerized by Clemson running about 8 plays at the of the 1st half and only taking about 20 secs off the clock.

I would have said the same thing about Wildhack RE: Hillsman/WBB, Scanlon/MLAX, SB, etc. “… is smart enough to see it” isn’t an assumption you can make with him.
Dont care about those sports so I don't know if their problems were on TV but I don't think so

It wasn’t a 50/50 decision. The best coaches have situational awareness. Stop giving him a pass for that.
He’s not in the “best coaches” category. We know that.

I also think way more of this stuff is random than we’ve been seeing portrayed here. If that kick goes in and we win in OT no one is questioning his coaching.

Lose on a decision that is less than obvious? Everyone is a HC with a mathematical degree

I also think way more of this stuff is random than we’ve been seeing portrayed here. If that kick goes in and we win in OT no one is questioning his coaching.

Lose on a decision that is less than obvious? Everyone is a HC with a mathematical degree
If Dino hadnt made a zillion poor head cat scratching decisions over the last six years he wouldnt be questioned as much as he is. He has no purchase left.

4th and 1 with the best rushing attack in the conference or a 48 yarder with a kicker that missed a 45 yarder a week ago from the same hash mark.

I rest my case.

4th and 1 with the best rushing attack in the conference or a 48 yarder with a kicker that missed a 45 yarder a week ago from the same hash mark, and was 1-4 from 40+ for the season
I rest my case.

FIFY.

Dino musta thought he was due.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors