Orange # 20 in Portal Process | Syracusefan.com

Orange # 20 in Portal Process

I'd be lying if I said I understand the methodology.
But apparently...SU has gained a lot but also lost a lot.
That makes sense given that Jesse is a big loss given the team roster and Joe must be considered simillarly.

Some interesting lower end teams. Kentucky lost 4 guys and brought 0 in through the portal...

That makes sense given that Jesse is a big loss given the team roster and Joe must be considered simillarly.

It’s similar to class rankings where the more you bring in and star value of the adds, the higher your ranking will be.

It’s similar to class rankings where the more you bring in and star value of the adds, the higher your ranking will be.

With the added factor of departures. Kansas took a big hit even with their Hunter addition.

quantifying something like this makes it easy to digest but is anyone's guess what these numbers really should be...putting numbers and stats to it gives it gravitas and generates clicks but is a lot more arbitrary than it might appear...

FYI only 3 schools ranked above SU by this matrix have a higher average rating for incoming players than SU does...so, fine, rank them at 20 on3.com...but i like the SU portal window a lot higher than 20th, personally.

I like what they've done with the roster a lot. hard to imagine doing much better...

Very interesting, and given the pushback on Deion's transfer activity (I know, a different sport) at Colorado, I don't hear anyone complaining about PedState bringing in 8 transfers, or 75% of scholarships, on their basketball team.

Very interesting, and given the pushback on Deion's transfer activity (I know, a different sport) at Colorado, I don't hear anyone complaining about PedState bringing in 8 transfers, or 75% of scholarships, on their basketball team.
Different scenario, imo. PSU's coach left for Notre Dame, and took his son with him; others left because of coaching change as well. They weren't pushing out players; they were forced to find a brand new team.

Funny West Virginia NIL value increased $164k but their spend increased by like 4 billion.

One thing this doesn't consider is eligibility. We "traded" 5th yr guys for youngins.

Funny West Virginia NIL value increased $164k but their spend increased by like 4 billion.

One thing this doesn't consider is eligibility. We "traded" 5th yr guys for youngins.
There is an unknown long term benefit of picking up transfers with years to go. In a quick run down:

Starling sophomore
Cuffe freshman
Westry freshman
McLeod junior.

These are guys who will either be here, sitting the bench after another transfer or pro. Very few guys will want to transfer a second time before graduation, I suspect.

The old paradigm of playing sparingly if you were an underclassmen unless you were a bona fide star is coming back, but only after the first transfer.

This is another reason I think Cuffe might be odd man out of the rotation. Bell, Brown, Taylor and Williams have all shown loyalty to the program and Red personally. Yet they all still have the option to leave at the end of the season. Cuffe is captive unless he wants another year off. Minutes might flow to the free agents, skill levels being more or less equal. All bets are off if Cuffe comes in clearly among the top 3-4 guards, though.