Orange Eyes? or Orange Yes? | Syracusefan.com

Orange Eyes? or Orange Yes?

Tobias Funke

All Conference
I have seen many of the great stories and tributes to OE over the last week. I am one who never had the pleasure of meeting Dan, but i am inspired by his impact on this great community. One thing that i remember(possibly mis-remember) is a thread referencing how we landed on our usernames. I though OE let us know that despite popular opinion his handle was actually Orange Yes. I ask this not only for my own knowledge, but i have seen many great words spoken of the man known as Orangeyes, and it has been written in both manners, and i think it fitting that we speak his name the way he intended

Apologies if this comes across as anything other than genuine.

That's a tricky one, and I'm sure someone who knew him better will have an answer.

I've always called him Orange eyes... He was the "eyes and ears" for anything SU related.
I agree. I never knew him to be called orange yes but even if that was his intention, it definitely quickly morphed into orange eyes. That name fit him perfect.

I have seen many of the great stories and tributes to OE over the last week. I am one who never had the pleasure of meeting Dan, but i am inspired by his impact on this great community. One thing that i remember(possibly mis-remember) is a thread referencing how we landed on our usernames. I though OE let us know that despite popular opinion his handle was actually Orange Yes. I ask this not only for my own knowledge, but i have seen many great words spoken of the man known as Orangeyes, and it has been written in both manners, and i think it fitting that we speak his name the way he intended

I remember him clearing it up in a thread when someone was sure it was yes. He said it's eyes. Besides. OY is just not as catchy as OE. Vay.
;)

Yeah .. there was a post a while ago on this. I always thought it was "Orange-Eyes" but the way he spelled it brought up questions. A very suitable name for him I'd say.

I invite you to read my humble tribute to Dan where this is answered as well as a little more insight into my all too brief and limited relationship with him:

http://syracusefan.com/threads/how-i-knew-orangeyes-please-share.77963/

And anyone who reads that who would like to contribute similarly, I hope you can add to it there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom