Orange jerseys are coming | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Orange jerseys are coming

Hate them. Why can't it be normal orange? Although admittedly, I like the traditional look. So if recruits like this new stuff Nike is pumping out, I can live with it.
Well, for whatever it's worth, several recruits have already retweeted and favorited the tweet announcing these uniforms. And I'm talking recruits who are uncommitted, class of 2016 and beyond.

NOW EVERYONE CAN STOP TALKING ABOUT IT!!

(a man can dream)

53393845.jpg

i'm not a color expert but there are tools for this stuff.

i pick out non shaded areas and it comes up as vivid orange

Lastly... I really hope some of the first words out of our new AD's mouth are "What the f%*@ is with the football uniforms? Did Oregon get drunk and vomit on them?! Let's fix that, pronto."

Someday they'll remember to put an outline on the numbers.

Someday.
Agree x 10.

But let's be real, Nike didn't even realize that the players would sweat through those grey jerseys to the point where they looked black and grey by the end of the ND game last year. Those looked awful by the end of pregame warm ups.

No way that Nike will ever realize a little white outline will go a long ways from deciphering between #8 and #6. Or in our case, #8 and B.

I wish they would just wear orange jerseys and white or blue pants at home and the white jerseys and orange pants on the road. They should also wear the orange helmets 90% of the time. I have no problem with the uniform design but they shouldn't be wearing a different combo every damn game. I may be in the minority, but I would rather they wear those orange tops instead of blue for home games.

If they have to do alternate jerseys once in a while I would go with the white tops and bottoms and/or gray top and orange pants.

They got lax right, just do that.
I watched the lacrosse game yesterday and I couldn't agree more...those uni's are sweet.

So why oh why can't we have football uni's that are, at the very least, recognizable? Those numbers are simply fugly.

Lastly... I really hope some of the first words out of our new AD's mouth are "What the f%*@ is with the football uniforms? Did Oregon get drunk and vomit on them?! Let's fix that, pronto."

Truly! Logistically speaking, does anyone really know how the uniform chain of command works at Syracuse? Whatever it is, I want that fixed stat.

I'll consider it progress. At least we're actually wearing a decent amount of the school color and I won't have to explain why my team is called the Orange when we're hardly wearing any orange like last year.

But I agree with Scooch - outline the numbers in white. Seems like they really enjoy making numbers on both football and basketball uniforms as difficult to read as possible these days.

Nike just doesn't get it. We're a part of their fall design package. It isn't what we're about.

I'll hold off any real concerns until we actually hire the guy from Underarmour as our new AD and he figures out this abortion once and for all.

View attachment 38969 this and
donovan-mcnabb-syracuse-orange-escaping-tackle-autographed-photograph-cuse-inscription-3388233.jpg
please

So you think if we hire the guy from UA we will have something close to these uniforms? Keep dreaming.

Everyday- "where's the Orange? We're the Orange, not the Syracuse Blue!" "Why can Miami have Orange, but we can't?"

SU gets Orange- "wrong Orange".

Man we love to complain. The bigger issue is even if the were green, they're a bad design.

But keep the battle axe logo!!!

I'm confused. Everyone wanted orange uniforms, and new orange uniforms we're coming, so what did you expect? Did you think they were going to change the design just for the orange uniform? I didn't. I mean these uniforms are what they are. It's tough to make orange look good no matter what you do. Not sure what everyone wanted other then to hop back into the time machine to the mid 90's?