Orange Scrimmage afterthoughts... | Syracusefan.com

Orange Scrimmage afterthoughts...

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
A seperate thread for the men's scrimmage and the game itself.
Needed to have one the first exhibition is 2 weeks away. :noidea:

-We didn't see any triangle offense with Dajuan or Roberson.
Without that I think we are going to see Roberson drive and kick some out of the high post in the next few weeks. I don't think we will run our whole offense from the perimeter without trying something else for awhile.

Howard may have had the best exhibition, I was impressed. Best chance for 9 deep since 11-12.
For a freshmen Malachi's left handed drive into the lane is really solid, he kept the ball high like a forward.
Nothing but exciting things to say about Lydon.

I liked seeing Dajuan step 14 feet out and drive to 8 feet from the basket and put up a shot. He missed back end but it looked fluid no hesitation.

What I love about Gbinije is he has the option to take that extra dribble or two in the lane like a guard or pick the ball up and shoot like a forward. I felt he wasn't as aggressive off the dribble last year as he could have been. If he ever perfects it to a unstoppable forward look I think he could average 20ppg or better.

Cooney looked to play alittle quicker,taller and more fit this year. I think his pressure level is going to drop 50% for him this year, and he will be able to enjoy himself the most.

I think this team is going to get into the passing lanes fiercely something the acc hasn't seen from us since we joined. When we are not doing that Lydon and Roberson are going to be handing out weakside blocks.

Last edited:
I was also impressed with Howard. I wasnt expecting to see him handle the ball as much as he did. He played great! Hit a few shots and had some nice passes.

I loved Franklin Howard's You-Tube tapes and I loved him in this scrimmage. (Being of a certain age, Frank Howard is a baseball home run hitter, so I'll call him Franklin). He's tall for a guard with long arms, very smooth, can drive to the basket or shoot and really seems to know what's going on out there.

I saw why people are excited about Tyler Lydon. He didn't attempt many jump shots, which is supposed to be his basic skill. But he was smooth going to the basket and didn't look that skinny. I liked the play where an Orange guard drove to the basket and fed the corner, a pass that always seems to be open in college ball. But it wasn't here because Lydon anticipated the pass and came over to knock it out of bounds.

Coleman moved OK and made a couple of plays but he wasn't dynamic and still brings the ball down where the little guys can have a shot at it.

Can't wait for Chukwu to be eligible next year. Our defense will look like an octopus.

Still waiting to be impressed by Richardson.

White played as if all those people came out to see him chuck the ball up or pound it into the floorboards. You're a walk-on, kid!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom