Orange Summer Uniform Kickoff at Turning Stone Thread... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Orange Summer Uniform Kickoff at Turning Stone Thread...

it should NOT say ORANGE we are SYRACUSE SO PUT THAT OR ORANGEMEN ON THE UNIS! they are better than the were. are we ashamed to have syracuse on the jersey?????

it should NOT say ORANGE we are SYRACUSE SO PUT THAT OR ORANGEMEN ON THE UNIS! they are better than the were. are we ashamed to have syracuse on the jersey?????

Since the block S logo is above the word Orange I think, Orange makes sense since it says Syracuse Orange that way. Agree that Orangemen would be awesome but that ship sailed long ago.

Possibly for the same reason LSU's iconic uni has its name across the front. :)

View attachment 166762
If it were as small as the LSU above it would have been even better.
I am happy though with the new uniforms. The Orange was just a minor thing and it doesn’t really bother me that much. The numerals and clean colors are the improvements that I cared about and they nailed those.

I think we hit a home run with the new unis!! I'm not much of a uniform debate guy but when I cant read the numbers and the numbers are not correctly drawn, there's a problem. When can we purchase these new bad boys?

In my opinion:

Pants: 10/10, as said above, perfectly iconic look
Helmet: 8/10, I would have preferred just a solid orange helmet, but I can deal with the block S.
Jersey: 5/10, I still think it's too busy. Why not just use the exact jersey top from the Nassib era? But it's obviously an upgrade from the prior uniform which was like a 1 or 2 out of 10, so it's a step forward.

What did I miss last night?

Caught a heater, skipped the event, blacked out and woke up in the towers with a nurse named Edna! I think.

The classic combos O-B-O and O-W-O are freaking awesome imo. Huge upgrade.

I think the solid combos are gonna take time to grow on me, except all orange, I can dig that.

Why is this so difficult? Why is it so necessary to try include unnecessary bells and whistles? Can’t we just dump the BS and go with the simple brand? This is just more of the Gross “respect the past - embrace the future” nonsense. KISS “Keep it simple stupid”View attachment 166770View attachment 166769K” it

C’mon

That’s the issue people aren’t taking into account. Every team has so many color combinations that it’s hatd to be hip without looking like another team.
Yup, if we had blue helmets, we will look too much like the Bears and Broncos lol You can only do so much with those 3 colors. Every team has that problem. It will always look similar to other teams. The S on the helmet will let you know its Syracuse you are watching.

Last edited:
What would you have done differently? As in:

- Having Babers throughly involved
- The recruiting coordinators whose jobs are to know what kids think are cool
- Blending in tradition

It's rare to have five people universally agree on anything with so many subjective variables let alone a fanbase in the era of the Internet. But the way they went about it seems pretty damn foolproof and applaud it versus digging in on what my mid-40-year old, CT white guy perspective might have done. They did a great job here.

What is the purpose of the jerseys? Are kids really going to choose SU over our recruiting rivals because of these? Would they not choose SU if they didn’t love them? Are the players going to perform better or worse because of unis? How does merchandising fit into this? If your fans don’t love them wont that hurt $$$$?

Because they look like practice uniforms for a poor high school team? Sure they were great at the time but it’s a different time.

Do Alabama and Auburn and Penn State and USC and Texas's uniforms look like practice uniforms for a poor high school team? They have been the same for generations and are as simple or simpler than the McNabb ones shown above.

If u have IG and follow any of the players then you'd know they love them and are hyped up about it. Some of the new recruits that recently committed as well as a top target we are after that is buddies with DeVito also are pumped about them. Trill posted on his story so video of them up close and Nike/cuse absolutely crushed it! The White helmet looks incredible in the video...not sure how people dislike them unless its solely because they like the traditional colorway more? I like the variety yet still can tell its syracuse. The kids also seem to really like the all white look. I dig all the combos but the all blue is my least favorite. So much momentum going for our football program and I love it!

Wasn’t the same true of the last uniforms?

Love the new unis! Great modern take on a classic that is associated with success and winning.

I did love the 44 logo associated with fort drum on the old unis, but unfortunately I think that logo/brand is too closely associated with the Shafer era and had to go. Maybe they'll bring it back for one off military appreciation days.

Overall though great job by SU here.