Orangeyes' wake... | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes' wake...

cto

Administrator
What a wonderful outpouring of love today. The line serpentined through the funeral home like a TSA. security line at JFK. While I was there, Terrell Hunt came to pay his respects, as did Mike Waters, Mike Hopkins, Chris McCullough and Caleb Joseph.

Posters I saw included Rocco, orange extreme, TOL, Cheriehoop, orange Viking, borzak, Otto mets, dc cuse, Jeremy cuse, Rayinva, Lincoln cuse, allforSU, goSU96, NRF, bees and, of course, sitcomcat, I assume there were others there whom I did not see while I was there. The Johnson family was very moved by the turnout.

Tomcat presented Dan's family with a proclamation that proclaimed july16, 2014 as "Dan Johnson Day" in Onondaga County. DC Cuse was instrumental in making it happen. I hope Tomcat will post a pic of it

Last edited:
What a wonderful outpouring of love today. The line serpentined through the funeral home like a TSA. security line at JFK. While I was there, Terrell Hunt came to pay his respects, as did Mike Waters, Mike Hopkins, Chris McCullough and Caleb Joseph.

Posters I saw included orange extreme, TOL, Cheriehoop, orange Viking, borzac, dc cuse, Jeremy cuse, Lincoln cuse, allforSU, goSU96, NRf, bees and, of course, sitcomcat, I assume there were others there whom I did not see while I was there. The Johnson family was very moved by the turnout.

Wish I could have been there to pay respects in person. However, with my wife due in two days, I just couldn't swing it.

Nice finally meeting you cto. I wish the circumstances were better, but what an outpouring. My wife and I were in line for over 2 hours if that goes to show you how many friends OE had. LB coach Clark Lea was there, too.

Posters I saw included Rocco, orange extreme, TOL, Cheriehoop, orange Viking, borzac, dc cuse, Jeremy cuse, Lincoln cuse, allforSU, goSU96, NRf, bees and, of course, sitcomcat, I assume there were others there whom I did not see while I was there. The Johnson family was very moved by the turnout.

Tomcat presented Dan's family with a proclamation that proclaimed july16, 2014 as "Dan Johnson Day" in Onondaga County DC Cuse was instrumental in making it happen. I hope Tomcat will post a pic of it

This was a day that no one hoped would come. Cuseregular and his wife were there as well in addition to OttoMets. In a random happenstance, I got in line to pay my respects and the person next to me overheard me talking Rocco and asked me if I was from the board. It happened to be another poster, CINYer. Hate to meet in circumstances like this, but I think Dan would have liked that I connected with another poster there randomly because of him. It was a pleasure meeting you Lawrence and so glad you came. Other special guests later included Coach Lea and Niko Tamurian with his lovely fiancée & his brother. This just speaks to how special Dan was that so many people of all different ages and walks of life came to pay their respects.

As to the proclamation, I'm glad to have played a small part in making that happen. Thanks to dadarules for connecting me to the right people and Tomcat for providing the right words to make it special.

I've said it before and will say it again...Love you Dan and thanks for everything you have done to make this such a special community!

Last edited:
Tomcat presented Dan's family with a proclamation that proclaimed july16, 2014 as "Dan Johnson Day" in Onondaga County DC Cuse was instrumental in making it happen. I hope Tomcat will post a pic of it

Niko Tamurian ‏@NikoTamurian 2h
Kudos to Onondaga County for proclaiming tomorrow as Dan Johnson Day. He will be missed. @CNYCentral

BsoBOHtCMAAusVL.jpg

I wish I could have been there as well. I'd love to attend a pregame or aftergame gathering this year to honor Dan. And as cto alluded to in another thread, to meet and thank others on this board for making this forum a great place to be these many years. Glad so many were able to be there and that his family drew comfort from the outpouring of affection we had for Orangeyes.

Posters I saw included Rocco, orange extreme, TOL, Cheriehoop, orange Viking, borzac, dc cuse, Jeremy cuse, Rayinva, Lincoln cuse, allforSU, goSU96, NRF, bees and, of course, sitcomcat, I assume there were others there whom I did not see while I was there. The Johnson family was very moved by the turnout.

that was a great thing that was done for Dan too bad it couldn't of been July 18th his 44th wedding anniversary! As much as Dan loved Syracuse it pales to the love he felt for his wife and family! God please bless the Johnson family in their time of need!

Posters I saw included Rocco, orange extreme, TOL, Cheriehoop, orange Viking, borzac, dc cuse, Jeremy cuse, Rayinva, Lincoln cuse, allforSU, goSU96, NRF, bees and, of course, sitcomcat, I assume there were others there whom I did not see while I was there. The Johnson family was very moved by the turnout.

That is AWESOME that mccullough and joseph stopped by.

Its awesome that the others did too, but they had some sort of relationship with OE in the past. It seriously impresses me beyond words that 2 people who have been in cuse for a week showed their respect.

Its awesome that the others did too, but they had some sort of relationship with OE in the past. It seriously impresses me beyond words that 2 people who have been in cuse for a week showed their respect.

It was wonderful that Mike Hopkins, McCollough and Joseph stopped by with an SU softball player. Terrell Hunt came to the wake all by himself earlier, waited 2 hours in line to pay his respects to the family.There may even have been more football coaches there besides Coach Lea but I didn't recognize them (totally my bad). Impressive and so respectful by these coaches and players.

And, of course, that Mike was thoughtful enough to tip them off and make his way out there too.

It was nice to see them there, along with hundreds of others. I anticipated a large turnout for Dan and family, but the crowd exceeded anything I expected.

This was a day that no one hoped would come. Cuseregular and his wife were there as well in addition to OttoMets. In a random happenstance, I got in line to pay my respects and the person next to me overheard me talking Rocco and asked me if I was from the board. It happened to be another poster, CINYer. Hate to meet in circumstances like this, but I think Dan would have liked that I connected with another poster there randomly because of him. It was a pleasure meeting you Lawrence and so glad you came. Other special guests later included Coach Lea and Niko Tamurian with his lovely fiancée & his brother. This just speaks to how special Dan was that so many people of all different ages and walks of life came to pay their respects.

As to the proclamation, I'm glad to have played a small part in making that happen. Thanks to dadarules for connecting me to the right people and Tomcat for providing the right words to make it special.

I've said it before and will say it again...Love you Dan and thanks for everything you have done to make this such a special community!

It was indeed with great pleasure and sadness that I had the opportunity to meet some of the Members from the board. Rick, you were gracious with your time and information, and I thank you again for all the introductions. The outpouring of love was incredible and as CTO said the lines were "Disneyland" or "TSA" like, but I didn't hear anyone complain. The collection of characters and personalities in the room was a reminder just how much Dan was able to reach people. As I stood in line, I watched the faces as stories were being told and folks remembered just how special a person Dan was. I will forever be grateful to OE as the daily articles were a consistent part of my routine in my World of constant flux. As was mentioned, we need to take thee time to let others know just how much they mean to us while THEY are still here, just wanted the BOARD to know, that through OE, we became quite a large somewhat disfunctional family, my thoughts and prayers are with each of you and wish you nothing but the best. It doesn't matter if you have 10,000 post or 100, your input to the board is appreciated and I just wanted to say thanks.

Definitely an enormous crowd last night to pay final respects to Dan and to his family. Kudos to everyone who attended inlcuding dozens of people from this board. I wont re-hash everyone but it was great to see CuseRegular and wife, CTO, Tomcat, my good buddy lincolncuse, RayinVA, Orange Extreme, Carlos, GoSU and his wife, Jake/Steve, and everyone else.

Was definitely a long wait (got there 5:30 didnt get to the car until 8) but it was absolutely worth it to see Dan one last time.

It was also great to see Brian and the rest of Dan's family so overwhelmed by all of the support and it was worth the wait to chat with them for a few minutes and be able to see all of the memorabillia they had set up around the viewing area. Job well done by whoever set that up.

For those who were unable to attend the wake/funeral I know that Dan's son Brian is at most fine lot tailgates and will be there for the opener vs Nova. I am sure he would be happy to hear how much his father meant to everyone.

RIP Dan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom