Oshae Staying in the 2019 NBA Draft | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Staying in the 2019 NBA Draft

Probably the biggest disappointment in SU history. That’s all that matters to me. I don’t judge success by the size of one’s bank account. He’s also making, I’m guessing, about a tenth of what he’d be making if he lived up to his potential. I’ve never seen him play since he was injured after 15 games into his SU career.

You said he might as well have been undrafted. I replied and said that his bank account suggests he made a good decision. A team offered him the chance to be paid well while they commit to helping him develop his game and give first class facilities to rehab his knee as opposed to him rehabbing in inferior facilities while not getting paid in college. It was a no brainer.

Your post replying to that is about a completely different topic that I'm not really interested in other than to say you're probably still upset a few years later because you say that how they play for Syracuse is all that matters to you and he priortizes his family and how to take care of them over Syracuse's winning %.

Probably the biggest disappointment in SU history. That’s all that matters to me. I don’t judge success by the size of one’s bank account. He’s also making, I’m guessing, about a tenth of what he’d be making if he lived up to his potential. I’ve never seen him play since he was injured after 15 games into his SU career.

So if it’s all that matters to you and you admit to not watching his NBA career, why do you feel that your opinion on where Brisett may or may not be drafted is based on reality or facts whatsoever?

So if it’s all that matters to you and you admit to not watching his NBA career, why do you feel that your opinion on where Brisett may or may not be drafted is based on reality or facts whatsoever?

McCullough really hasn’t had an NBA career. Not much of one. Where’s he playing now? Puerto Rico?

Brissett is projected as a mid to late second-round pick. Or not drafted at all. That means the G League. I wish him luck. Let me know how he’s doing.

McCullough really hasn’t had an NBA career. Not much of one. Where’s he playing now? Puerto Rico?

Brissett is projected as a mid to late second-round pick. Or not drafted at all. That means the G League. I wish him luck. Let me know how he’s doing.

Three seasons in the league and a little less than $4M in salary say hello.

Three seasons in the league and a little less than $4M in salary say hello.

I remember when McCullough was in high school. He was projected to be a big-time prospect. He had all the measureables. Saw him play at a prep tournament his senior year and came away so disappointed. He moved onto SU, had a few good games and then suffered an injury. He must have thought when he was younger that he was headed for a life of stardom in the NBA. So anything good that has come his way is a great thing.

Will do, we should wish CJ Fair, Rakeem Christmas, and others the same luck I guess as well. It’s almost like making it in the NBA is hard

Indeed! Couldn't agree more. The cream, no matter what, always rises to the top, and OB wasn't close to being cream quality while here.

OB had probably the 3rd or 4th best season EVER as a Frosh big man Forward in the JB era.
Only guys for sure ahead of him are: Melo, Owens, and DC.

Being 4th on that list is hardly "not close to being cream quality while here".

He was just shy of 1,000 points in 2 years.
The list of guys who did that in the JB era is about a half dozen dudes.

IIRC, he also had the 2nd most ever rebounds thru 2 years, behind only DC.

OB had probably the 3rd or 4th best season EVER as a Frosh big man Forward in the JB era.

When you play that many minutes on a team with as little talent as he played with you're going to put up numbers, MCW won ROY in the NBA because of it. OB has a historically inefficient freshman year, something never seen from a P5 player. He wasn't nearly as good as his counting numbers suggest.

Being 4th on that list is hardly "not close to being cream quality while here".

He was just shy of 1,000 points in 2 years.
The list of guys who did that in the JB era is about a half dozen dudes.

IIRC, he also had the 2nd most ever rebounds thru 2 years, behind only DC.

Hmmm. I initially wanted to disagree but can’t really think of anyone else so you are probably right.

I remember thinking and saying that on what we think of as a “typical” Syracuse team, he probably would’ve been a promising freshman forward off the bench like Fair or Joseph. Instead he had to play every minute, so his weaknesses stood out more. He still made a lot of big plays.

I was puzzled by the shooting struggles both from 3 and the FT this year, because he was definitely above average for a freshman in those areas.

OB didn’t have the ideal players around him in order for us to utilize him best. He never had a natural PG or shooters around him. But unless you’re at Duke or UNC, most kids go through that. You could argue the same about tyus

OB didn’t have the ideal players around him in order for us to utilize him best. He never had a natural PG or shooters around him. But unless you’re at Duke or UNC, most kids go through that. You could argue the same about tyus

Yeah, if he had a natural PG around him, instead of having those ridiculous wide open 3's he missed, he would of had ludicrous open 3's missed. ;)

Which is true for a lot of players. The pro is you get to work on your strengths to become a viable NBA player. The con is there isn’t a lot of room or time to improve upon your weaknesses against competition.
the con is ZERO exposure. nobody watches g league. ratings are lightyears behind even the sister martha selling faux gold watches while cooking salmon on her indoor smokeless grill channel . nobody cares.

the con is ZERO exposure. nobody watches g league. ratings are lightyears behind even the sister martha selling faux gold watches while cooking salmon on her indoor smokeless grill channel . nobody cares.

Do you think scouts and gms don’t know who’s doing well in the g league? Cause that’s really the only exposure that matters

Yeah. The exposure is also really crappy if you play professionally in Greece.

The paycheck on the other hand is pretty good.

Yeah. The exposure is also really crappy if you play professionally in Greece.

The paycheck on the other hand is pretty good.

The average Euro paycheck is about 100k, if the team pays normally (some don't). Tax situation is from what I understand favorable.

But they all aren't playing for Real Madrid when they go overseas.

The average Euro paycheck is about 100k, if the team pays normally (some don't). Tax situation is from what I understand favorable.

Last I knew Triche was making 200k in Italy. I’m not sure what his current contract is, but considering how he’s playing I’m sure it’s pretty good.

Last I knew Triche was making 200k in Italy. I’m not sure what his current contract is, but considering how he’s playing I’m sure it’s pretty good.

That's awesome. When I see the financial stat I'm not sure if it's just their best league or all the leagues rolled up.

For a guy like Triche do do that is awesome. For guys that projected to be first round picks and end up there might be a disappointment to them.

Well, sure. But so what? They're employed doing the thing they do best.

That's awesome. When I see the financial stat I'm not sure if it's just their best league or all the leagues rolled up.

For a guy like Triche do do that is awesome. For guys that projected to be first round picks and end up there might be a disappointment to them.

Some leagues are better than others. The Italian and Greek leagues pay the best I believe.

Being “concerned” about “exposure” is just a way to launder your frustration that a player is playing for your team for free anymore.

But we all know that.
free ? what's tuition plus r +b go for these days ? is it free ? only if you're on schollie.

Ah yes. Tuition and room/board. That changes
Everything.
avg US median income is 65g. for 18 year olds probably closer to 7g. SU tuition is what ? not free.
don't pretend these kids aren't being compensated. if they're smart they stick around for a degree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom