Osweiler just got called for a Dungey fumble | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Osweiler just got called for a Dungey fumble

you can catch a ball without actually having any possession so why not throw it..

as noted before every ball that slips as a QB throws is not ruled a fumble, when you have no control at all the ball comes out a few ft away not 15 yds. is this any different than a qb who wants to throw it 50 yds and it slips a bit and throws it 40..

Yes and it shouldn't be that hard to understand. One is a bad pass the other is loosing control BEFORE the pass.

Well let's just call it a 10 yard forward fumble using a passing motion.
You know what would be a smart play under these circumstances? Fumbling the ball a significant distance down field because you lost control of it. Spot that ish way down field. Waaaaay down field.

I mean, it's not a pass. Didn't have control.

Somebody figure out a drill for this like right now.

Not a Pats or Raiders fan, but I watched this play when it happened and thought it was the WORST call I'd ever seen in a football game. And I still do.

Tom Brady thought it was a fumble. I remember how he walked slowly off the field with his head down. There's a video out there with audio of the Raiders radio team for the time covering the play and the review. Still too painful to listen to.

you can catch a ball without actually having any possession so why not throw it..

as noted before every ball that slips as a QB throws is not ruled a fumble, when you have no control at all the ball comes out a few ft away not 15 yds. is this any different than a qb who wants to throw it 50 yds and it slips a bit and throws it 40..

How do you catch without having possession?