OT- 2013 Iditarod | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

OT- 2013 Iditarod

Man, was wild reading through this thread again. I'm glad a few of you were just as excited as me to follow my friend during this great race.

I got a call last night, Rudy's family suspects he only has a week or so left with us. He beat cancer a little over a year ago, but it took a lot out of him. The cancer came back this fall, and the treatment has really been taking a toll on him. I'm going to fly down to Wasilla tomorrow to spend as much time as I can with him. I'll be sure to remind him about all the Syracuse fans that were pulling for him in his last Iditarod.

I'm really gonna miss this guy.

Rudy2.JPG
Rudy3.JPG

Man, was wild reading through this thread again. I'm glad a few of you were just as excited as me to follow my friend during this great race.

I got a call last night, Rudy's family suspects he only has a week or so left with us. He beat cancer a little over a year ago, but it took a lot out of him. The cancer came back this fall, and the treatment has really been taking a toll on him. I'm going to fly down to Wasilla tomorrow to spend as much time as I can with him. I'll be sure to remind him about all the Syracuse fans that were pulling for him in his last Iditarod.

View attachment 119386 View attachment 119387
So sorry to hear about your friend. This was a great thread. Cancer sucks. Very sad.

Jesus. I saw the notice in my alerts and was immediately afraid it was going to be something like this. I'm so sorry to read this brother. I wish I had the chance to meet him when I was up there. I'll be thinking of you both.

Sorry to hear this man.

Always nice when you check in, regret that it's a sad occasion this time.

Wish you an otherwise happy, if belated, new year.

In the same week you said you don't smile much in pictures, you sure both have big ones in that top pic.

Adam, So very very sorry. My heart goes out to you and Rudy.s family and friends.

All, please join me in offering condolences to our friend Adam (CuseTroop ) on the passing of his friend Rudy. Just saw that he succumbed to his illness.

RIP Rudy.

Thanks man.

Flew down and was able to spend the weekend with him. I got to laugh with my friend, share a couple beers. One last trip to his cabin. I sat and listened while his buddies shared stories of their mushing days, trapping days, and just surviving Alaska. I wish I could have recorded it all. He’ll be missed by many

74491FF4-0748-450E-827B-0A8AAF0074F6.png