OT: 50 Coldest Cities in U.S. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: 50 Coldest Cities in U.S.

I'm personally way more happy in cold climates than hot climates. I would choose Alaska or somewhere like Florida in a second.

No doubt.

You can always put on more clothes.
You can only take so much off, and then you're naked, and still waaaaay too hot. :p

No doubt.

You can always put on more clothes.
You can only take so much off, and then you're naked, and still waaaaay too hot. :p
I call Shenanigans, you can only endure so much of your nostrils freezing and having to yank the battery out of your car every night so it doesn't freeze before you lose your stuff. Northern ND, MN, and WI are exactly like that. I'd have to pull the battery out of the car at night, you see guys in the morning with electric baseboard looking space heaters trying to thaw their oil pans.

BTW...

Put on more clothes:

a-woman-bundled-up-against-the-cold-with-a-fur-ruff-in-fairbanks-alaska-A651NP.jpg

Put on less clothes but still be waaaaaaay too hot:

nikki-birzon-aac-fsu-1.jpg

I call Shenanigans, you can only endure so much of your nostrils freezing and having to yank the battery out of your car every night so it doesn't freeze before you lose your stuff. Northern ND, MN, and WI are exactly like that. I'd have to pull the battery out of the car at night, you see guys in the morning with electric baseboard looking space heaters trying to thaw their oil pans.

BTW...

Put on more clothes:

a-woman-bundled-up-against-the-cold-with-a-fur-ruff-in-fairbanks-alaska-A651NP.jpg

What's the deal with the guy over her shoulder? Is he like an Old West bank robber named Chad?

BTW...

Put on more clothes:

Why don't they winterize their vehicles up there? I've got an oil pan heater, block heater, and a trickle charger on my batter. I plug in anytime it's below -10. Some people plug in once it drops below 0

Spent a winter in Minot, ND and it was bone chilling cold but sunny most every day - mentally easier than a warmer place that is cloudy most of the winter. However i returned.

I spent my first 1 1/2 in the Air Force in Minot, very cold. I remember one day in winter is was -20 degrees with a -55 degree wind chill. Also spent 3 years in Cheyenne, WY - cold and windy.

Why don't they winterize their vehicles up there? I've got an oil pan heater, block heater, and a trickle charger on my batter. I plug in anytime it's below -10. Some people plug in once it drops below 0

Alot of people actually do. Some of us though, like me, were relegated to on the street parking or parking in the big dorm parking lots. That plug coming out of my grill didn't do me much good when i needed 1000' of extension cord lol.

Alot of people actually do. Some of us though, like me, were relegated to on the street parking or parking in the big dorm parking lots. That plug coming out of my grill didn't do me much good when i needed 1000' of extension cord lol.

lol always a blast the morning after leaving your truck in the bar parking lot overnight. Spend the whole next day grabbing as many extensions cords as you can from people, finally getting enough to reach the plug, waiting 5 hours for the truck to warm up, just to find out you've gone and gotten drunk again. Literally has happened to me 30 times lol

I spent my first 1 1/2 in the Air Force in Minot, very cold. I remember one day in winter is was -20 degrees with a -55 degree wind chill. Also spent 3 years in Cheyenne, WY - cold and windy.
I was a civilian contracted to the Air Force and was at both places (along with Sedalia, MO). One time in Minot my wife washed her hands in a gas station restroom and didn't dry them completely and almost got frozen to the car door handle. I'd take Minot over Cheyenne any day - too windy and could snow in June there.

The weekend looks like it might be a scorcher. Be sure to pack the sunscreen if you plan to be outside. ;)

Oh no no, I'll miss all that. It always warms up whenever I leave state. Will be -30 by time I get back, I'm sure lol