OT: BAMA DA Drops Charges Against Alabama Football Players. | Syracusefan.com

OT: BAMA DA Drops Charges Against Alabama Football Players.

NYCorange

2nd String
DA declines to prosecute arrested Bama players

From the article: ""I want to emphasize once again that the main reason I'm doing this is that I refuse to ruin the lives of two young men who have spent their adolescence and teenage years, working and sweating, while we were all in the air conditioning," district attorney Jerry Jones told KNOE-TV."

Did he really just say that he didn't prosecute them because they play football?? Yes. Yes he did. :bat::bang:Oh Lord:bang:

From the article: ""I want to emphasize once again that the main reason I'm doing this is that I refuse to ruin the lives of two young men who have spent their adolescence and teenage years, working and sweating, while we were all in the air conditioning," district attorney Jerry Jones told KNOE-TV."

Did he really just say that he didn't prosecute them because they play football?? Yes. Yes he did. :bat::bang:Oh Lord:bang:

Only politicians are above the law.

I honestly though that quote might be from an Onion article. Holy crap - what a state

The DA is in Lousiana not Alabama. The two players were arrested in Louisiana, both players home state. LSU fans are livid.

So if you don't play football, you sit in the air conditioning all day? I suppose they could quit football and get one of those nicely air conditioned roofing jobs. Or instead of playing football as kids they could've worked on one of those air conditioned farms.

I have lived in Louisiana for 33 years. That is the way things happen here with football players charged with crimes.

The only "shocking" thing is that these guys weren't "Tigahs" but Alabama players.

However, these were local hometown "heroes" so they get a pass even with guns and drugs in plain view in their car.

Hopefully for consistency's sake this DA treats all other youthful offenders of similar crimes who also don't sit in air conditioning all day the same way. Does the 18 year old who works on a garbage truck get treated the same way? Methinks not.

They will have their flags at half mast in honor of those outside workers erroneously charged with having of few moments of inside play!

i wonder what the da's undergraduate and law school alma mater

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom