OT: Best way to get the NFL ticket price lowered on DT | Syracusefan.com

OT: Best way to get the NFL ticket price lowered on DT

what has worked for you, etc?
I usually call and tell them to turn off the auto renewal. They say why? I say it's too expensive and we hash out a reasonable price.

have a kid in college and order the streaming thru that. if you have decent internet.

I usually call and tell them to turn off the auto renewal. They say why? I say it's too expensive and we hash out a reasonable price.
They already charged me the first payment on that. Am I too late or is it still worth a shot?

They already charged me the first payment on that. Am I too late or is it still worth a shot?
I would give it a try. Tell them you didn't realize it was on auto renewal and want the charge reversed and sunday ticket canceled. When they ask why tell them it's too expensive for you. They will give you some bs and you can work to negotiate at a lower price. If you don't think you'll get a lower deal you can always just back out of it (or hang up). They hate giving back money or losing subscribers.

It's not too late. I've been a DTV customer since '99. Did you pay for it last year? If you did, asked them to give it to you for free this year, more than likely they will. If they discounted it or gave it to you free last year, they won't again this year, however, they will offer you a substantial discount off the their premium NFL ticket package (forgot what it's called, but it has the Redzone & other extras that the standard NFL Sunday Ticket doesn't have).

I pretty much do this every year. Last year they offered me the "premium" package for half the price since the year before they gave me the standard ticket free. They won't give it to you free two years in a row, so that's what they'll do. This year I'll likely get the standard ticket for free again since I paid last year.

Now, with the AT&T merge/buyout of DTV in full operation, I hope they'll continue to allow this same tactic moving forward. :)

It's not too late. I've been a DTV customer since '99. Did you pay for it last year? If you did, asked them to give it to you for free this year, more than likely they will. If they discounted it or gave it to you free last year, they won't again this year, however, they will offer you a substantial discount off the their premium NFL ticket package (forgot what it's called, but it has the Redzone & other extras that the standard NFL Sunday Ticket doesn't have).

I pretty much do this every year. Last year they offered me the "premium" package for half the price since the year before they gave me the standard ticket free. They won't give it to you free two years in a row, so that's what they'll do. This year I'll likely get the standard ticket for free again since I paid last year.

Now, with the AT&T merge/buyout of DTV in full operation, I hope they'll continue to allow this same tactic moving forward. :)

Got the free ticket last year with a new 2 year commitment. I'm moving at the end of August so I have to cancel outright. Should be an interesting discussion trying to get out of the remaining 12 months.

Got the free ticket last year with a new 2 year commitment. I'm moving at the end of August so I have to cancel outright. Should be an interesting discussion trying to get out of the remaining 12 months.

Since they advertise consistently about moving and how it's not a problem to continue its service at the new location (without any additional hardware/service charge to the customer) they may. You may have to get creative... ;):)

Since they advertise consistently about moving and how it's not a problem to continue its service at the new location (without any additional hardware/service charge to the customer) they may. You may have to get creative... ;):)
Ya, i was planning on cutting the cord anyway but if they let me suspend my subscription for a few weeks and then upgrade to the streaming only plan when its available i might do that. Either way i will have to do a lot of talking.

AT&T and DirecTV to launch streaming TV service later this year

I'm so glad my wife and I get our TV fix with just SlingTV, OTA antenna and Amazon Prime. I'm a very casual pro sports fan so it doesn't really matter to me. Give me college 24/7

Keep calling until you get the answer you want. I did that with baseball this year. They ended up taking $40 off my bill for 12 months. I had to pay for the Extra Innings package which ended up being $168. So I ended up getting baseball essentially for free, all the while saving an additional $312 for the year. It pays to be persistent.

I've had DirecTV for over 10 years. I've gotten Sunday Ticket free every year. I call, ask for retention, and say I want to renew the deal from last year. Free Sunday Ticket and $20 off my bill.

I've had DirecTV for over 10 years. I've gotten Sunday Ticket free every year. I call, ask for retention, and say I want to renew the deal from last year. Free Sunday Ticket and $20 off my bill.
Can you call for me?

About to do that myself tomorrow. Just got my current bill and they have hit me with the first installment. However, two years ago when I was in the middle of my contract, they wouldn't lower beyond $159, so I'm not holding my breath that I'll get a better deal.

I'm so glad my wife and I get our TV fix with just SlingTV, OTA antenna and Amazon Prime. I'm a very casual pro sports fan so it doesn't really matter to me. Give me college 24/7

Very seriously considering cancelling, taking the cancellation hit and subscribing to PS Vue.

About to do that myself tomorrow. Just got my current bill and they have hit me with the first installment. However, two years ago when I was in the middle of my contract, they wouldn't lower beyond $159, so I'm not holding my breath that I'll get a better deal.
I'd go with sufaninnj's advice from above and just keep calling until something works out. Patience is the key with these fools.

Can you call for me?

I'm so lazy for calling for myself that it usually happens the morning of the start of the season.

When you call, just tell them exactly what you want. I got to talking with the rep that helped me last year and she said that people call and pick fights just to get Sunday Ticket for free. If you're nice about it they're much more likely to help you.

I'm so lazy for calling for myself that it usually happens the morning of the start of the season.

When you call, just tell them exactly what you want. I got to talking with the rep that helped me last year and she said that people call and pick fights just to get Sunday Ticket for free. If you're nice about it they're much more likely to help you.

I always have to extend my contract just to get a discount on sunday ticket. Are you getting free sunday ticket and not having to extend your contract?

Well, no luck. Best they could do was offer me 10% off. BTW, I had it free last season. Seriously thinking of cancelling altogether, paying the early term penalty and moving to PS Vue.

I always have to extend my contract just to get a discount on sunday ticket. Are you getting free sunday ticket and not having to extend your contract?

Same, that's the trade to get free ticket

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom