OT: Bill Walton on Wash-Tx game | Syracusefan.com

OT: Bill Walton on Wash-Tx game

iommi

Living Legend
He's in rare form, barely commenting on the game, babbling about event sponsor, Alibaba, and not paying attention to what the play by play guy is saying. The play by play guy has made no bones about being frustrated with Walton. He's out of of his mind, even by his standards. He has to be baked. No shocker.

It's been a perversely entertaining diversion to the disgusting events in the real world down here on planet Earth.

Great game too. Down to the wire.

Any clue who is on play by play?

Edit: Roxy Bernstein is the play by play guy. NO clue who he is but Walton was just talking about China's trade history, with the game in crunch time. And Walton keeps dropping random Alibaba references, so he must be a stock holder or something. ...or maybe just baked.

Last edited:
73-71 Dawgs with 35 seconds to go. At the line.

Edit: Roxy Bernstein is the play by play guy. NO clue who he is but Walton was just talking about China's trade history, with the game in crunch time. And Walton keeps dropping random Alibaba references, so he must be a stock holder or something. ...or maybe just baked.
Roxy Bernstein.

I wish I had read about this earlier. I'd only got to catch the end of it. Had no idea it was in China til I flipped on my espn3 for the precious few minutes I got to hear of Bill Walton. Is Roxy Bernstein going to be Walton's new "handler" this season? If so, it will be interesting to see the change of dynamic. I didn't get to watch much, and just heard Bill talking about Marco Polo. Roxy seemed to be having fun with him, pretending he thought Marco Polo was only a swimming pool game. :)

Ali Baba was something I used to be familiar with only from my days of researching research chemicals. Of course they also sold things whose time for research had passed(for now), in the draconian US.

Speaking of which, on Veterans day I got to watch an informative and moving webinar put on by maps.org, in which 2 US Marines were guests and talked about the use of MDMA and Ayahuasca in healing their PTSD. Maps.org I believe has already done many phase 2 studies, and said MDMA(the substance supposed to be in ecstasy, which often is cut or isnt present at all) should be FDA approved by 2021 for this treatment and others. Yeah, I'm going a little Walton here, but at least I'm not trying to educate folks about the irony of Veterans Day coming on Armistice Day. ;) Glad to see our government is finally returning to research things that actually worked, when they have been hellbent for ages on the limitations of our consciousness(and look at the society it's given us!). Major kudos to Brad Burge of Maps.org for being a paradigm shifter, as well as bringing immediate help to those veterans and others fortunate enough to have gotten to participate in these psychedelic/entheogenic psychotherapy trials. No patents like big pharma, just the desire to help others. That's the kind of world I want to be part of.

If you're wondering how I segued into that, I had heard of MDMA being sold on Ali Baba. Like others, I am nervous to purchase substances from China, regardless of whatever piece of paper "lab assay" they send with it. It's like buying something "autographed", and trusting someone else's autograph on some certificate to let you "know" it's real. I'm sure that analogy is something some on here can relate to. Anyhow, props to Bill Wonton, Brad Burge, Ali Babi, and anyone who can gets things done and keeps it interesting at the same time.

I would vote on number two, I have never heard anyone so passionate about China.

I would vote on number two, I have never heard anyone so passionate about China.

UCLA seems to have a pretty decent sized Asian population, and I'd imagine a large portion of them are Chinese, so maybe it does tie in with Bill Wonton. It also made sense having a West Coast team as one of the participants. I can't really write a lot(or can I?), because I didn't get to see much of the game. Maybe he was writing a screenplay called The Passion of Marco Polo?

I get the sense that at times Bill is like a number of folks we know who want to appear knowledgeable about whatever the subject of the moment is, but he takes it a bit further. Like that Cake song, he's Going The Distance. At least he isn't their closely related type who want to argue about everything. Maybe he actually took time to research what he was going to talk about. That's certainly something lacking in much of our media whose word many take for granted, so Bill more than gets a pass from me. I am aware, however, how his antics may turn off people who are really into the game. That said, I'd still love him to do at least ONE Syracuse game, to test these feelings out and see how well I'd take the antics if mixed in with a tam I'm passionate about.

It was funny when Roxy was trying to make it sound close(5 points), and Bill said it would be horrible if Washington were able to lose the game with the amount of time that was left.

Last edited:
I wish I had read about this earlier. I'd only got to catch the end of it. Had no idea it was in China til I flipped on my espn3 for the precious few minutes I got to hear of Bill Walton. Is Roxy Bernstein going to be Walton's new "handler" this season? If so, it will be interesting to see the change of dynamic. I didn't get to watch much, and just heard Bill talking about Marco Polo. Roxy seemed to be having fun with him, pretending he thought Marco Polo was only a swimming pool game. :)

Ali Baba was something I used to be familiar with only from my days of researching research chemicals. Of course they also sold things whose time for research had passed(for now), in the draconian US.

Speaking of which, on Veterans day I got to watch an informative and moving webinar put on by maps.org, in which 2 US Marines were guests and talked about the use of MDMA and Ayahuasca in healing their PTSD. Maps.org I believe has already done many phase 2 studies, and said MDMA(the substance supposed to be in ecstasy, which often is cut or isnt present at all) should be FDA approved by 2021 for this treatment and others. Yeah, I'm going a little Walton here, but at least I'm not trying to educate folks about the irony of Veterans Day coming on Armistice Day. ;) Glad to see our government is finally returning to research things that actually worked, when they have been hellbent for ages on the limitations of our consciousness(and look at the society it's given us!). Major kudos to Brad Burge of Maps.org for being a paradigm shifter, as well as bringing immediate help to those veterans and others fortunate enough to have gotten to participate in these psychedelic/entheogenic psychotherapy trials. No patents like big pharma, just the desire to help others. That's the kind of world I want to be part of.

If you're wondering how I segued into that, I had heard of MDMA being sold on Ali Baba. Like others, I am nervous to purchase substances from China, regardless of whatever piece of paper "lab assay" they send with it. It's like buying something "autographed", and trusting someone else's autograph on some certificate to let you "know" it's real. I'm sure that analogy is something some on here can relate to. Anyhow, props to Bill Wonton, Brad Burge, Ali Babi, and anyone who can gets things done and keeps it interesting at the same time.
But you digress

He's in rare form, barely commenting on the game, babbling about event sponsor, Alibaba, and not paying attention to what the play by play guy is saying. The play by play guy has made no bones about being frustrated with Walton. He's out of of his mind, even by his standards. He has to be baked. No shocker.

It's been a perversely entertaining diversion to the disgusting events in the real world down here on planet Earth.

Reminds me of watching the occasional Yankees game in Rizutto's dotage, though a touch of senility was responsible for that not substance abuse. Ralph Kiner was smart, retired except for a few innings a couple of times a month, and his appearances were relished by Mets fans.

And then there is that FORCE OF NATURE that is Vin Scully.

Reminds me of watching the occasional Yankees game in Rizutto's dotage, though a touch of senility was responsible for that not substance abuse. Ralph Kiner was smart, retired except for a few innings a couple of times a month, and his appearances were relished by Mets fans.

Vin will be 108 this month.

I lived in Phil Rizzuto's town when I was a little kid...this was in the 70s. I used to see him a lot at the barber shop. Pleasant guy but notoriously cheap. My dad was mayor of the town and used to ask him to make some appearances for charity and the like. He always wanted go get paid. As I got older and my dad would tell me that, I didn't like him so much.

He was a character and what you said was spot on.

I remember Kiner butchering names. Used to combine Mookie Wilson and Hubie Brooks. I.E.: "Mookie Brooks"

Last edited:
UCLA seems to have a pretty decent sized Asian population, and I'd imagine a large portion of them are Chinese, so maybe it does tie in with Bill Wonton. It also made sense having a West Coast team as one of the participants. I can't really write a lot(or can I?), because I didn't get to see much of the game. Maybe he was writing a screenplay called The Passion of Marco Polo?

I get the sense that at times Bill is like a number of folks we know who want to appear knowledgeable about whatever the subject of the moment is, but he takes it a bit further. Like that Cake song, he's Going The Distance. At least he isn't their closely related type who want to argue about everything. Maybe he actually took time to research what he was going to talk about. That's certainly something lacking in much of our media whose word many take for granted, so Bill more than gets a pass from me. I am aware, however, how his antics may turn off people who are really into the game. That said, I'd still love him to do at least ONE Syracuse game, to test these feelings out and see how well I'd take the antics if mixed in with a tam I'm passionate about.

It was funny when Roxy was trying to make it sound close(5 points), and Bill said it would be horrible if Washington were able to lose the game with the amount of time that was left.

Isn't his wife asian?

I could be wrong but I'm remember dave pasch calling those pac 12 games with Walton the last couple of years.

Alibaba is the Chinese version of Amazon. Its CEO, Jack Ma, bought one of the worlds most expensive residences, a large spread located in the Adirondacks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom