OT - Bobcats potential name change | Syracusefan.com

OT - Bobcats potential name change

Wow. I thought I was so clever and several of you have shown me up. I tip my hat to you (and wag my finger at myself).

How about the Queen City Mess? Or the Charlotte Bootleggers?

I'm kind of partial to the Charlotte Ruses.

For all of those fans that have fallen for their claim that they are a professional basketball team......

The Charlotte Goldfish. They are harmless like the fish...Charlotte is the largest provider of goldfish to carnivals in the US and the obvious Pepperidge Farm advertisement tie in is perfect.

Charlotte Jackrabbits - A great basketball team nickname AND there is a fairly large company called Jackrabbit Technologies in the greater Charlotte area.

How about the Charlotte Blue Devils or Tar Heels? They could play all of their home games in March.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

In light of the article, shouldn't Utah trade Jazz back to New Orleans in exchange for Hornets. IIRC, Utah is the Bee Hive state. Maybe somebody can throw in the rights to Darren Morningstar or something.

I'd go with the three way name trade with New Orleans and Utah, with the Utes to be named later.

But don't really care as long as they pick a name that allows their dance team to be called the Charlotte Harlots.

Bobcats is kind of a cool name. It's Toronto that needs a name change. They were named after a 6 month dinosaur fad that just happened to be popular when they were begat.

How about Charlotte Eels? (lotte being French for eel if I remember my HS French correctly)

Bobcats is kind of a cool name. It's Toronto that needs a name change. They were named after a 6 month dinosaur fad that just happened to be popular when they were begat.

How about Charlotte Eels? (lotte being French for eel if I remember my HS French correctly)

Hey now, if not for the Raptors we would be without one of the great sports gifs of all time.

2009_medium.gif

I'd go with the three way name trade with New Orleans and Utah, with the Utes to be named later.

But don't really care as long as they pick a name that allows their dance team to be called the Charlotte Harlots.

As an Iron Maiden fan living in NC, I think I might buy seasons if Bruce and Co. do the half time shows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom