OT: Boomer and Carton doing Live Show from Syracuse Newhouse School | Syracusefan.com

OT: Boomer and Carton doing Live Show from Syracuse Newhouse School

Stern

All American
Not sure which forum to post this on so Mod's feel free to move it to the correct one. Carton announced this week that he and Boomer Esiason will be doing a LIVE broadcast of their WFAN morning show in February at the Newhouse school in Syracuse with a live studio audience.

For those that don't remember, Craig Carton graduated from SU and has bashed them for a few years now ever since the Bernie Fine story broke. He has called for Boehiem to be fired because he has "sources" that Boehiem knew every detail about the Bernie Fine situation for decades and never said anything. He has bashed the University saying they are employing a cheater and someone who helped a pedophile. And Carton claimed (I am sure someone can dig up the old thread on this board from a couple years back) that he was on the board of trustees at SU when I think we (by we I mean a bunch of us on this site) proved he was making it up or lying about that and wasn't. I forget all the details but I am pretty sure a bunch of us here looked into his claim and found him to be lying about that.

Why the University is letting this guy come back to do a Live show here is beyond me. If you think he has changed his tune and is going to say nice things just because he is in town and at the Newhouse school, you are kidding yourself. He is going to come here and do his same old Anti-SU song and dance he has done since the Bernie Fine story broke, make outlandish claims that he can't back up, and call for everyone to be fired and how the school is a disgrace. Essentially he will make the University look like fools in their own back yard.

Newhouse will attach their name to anyone remotely famous. I have my Master's Degree from Newhouse. If I ever become famous, they'll suddenly take an interest in me that they never took when they handed me my degree.

Not sure which forum to post this on so Mod's feel free to move it to the correct one. Carton announced this week that he and Boomer Esiason will be doing a LIVE broadcast of their WFAN morning show in February at the Newhouse school in Syracuse with a live studio audience.

For those that don't remember, Craig Carton graduated from SU and has bashed them for a few years now ever since the Bernie Fine story broke. He has called for Boehiem to be fired because he has "sources" that Boehiem knew every detail about the Bernie Fine situation for decades and never said anything. He has bashed the University saying they are employing a cheater and someone who helped a pedophile. And Carton claimed (I am sure someone can dig up the old thread on this board from a couple years back) that he was on the board of trustees at SU when I think we (by we I mean a bunch of us on this site) proved he was making it up or lying about that and wasn't. I forget all the details but I am pretty sure a bunch of us here looked into his claim and found him to be lying about that.

Why the University is letting this guy come back to do a Live show here is beyond me. If you think he has changed his tune and is going to say nice things just because he is in town and at the Newhouse school, you are kidding yourself. He is going to come here and do his same old Anti-SU song and dance he has done since the Bernie Fine story broke, make outlandish claims that he can't back up, and call for everyone to be fired and how the school is a disgrace. Essentially he will make the University look like fools in their own back yard.

I heard him say something along those lines as well. He'll never support or cheer for the basketball team as long as Boeheim is the coach. I'm sure JB's shed a few tears over that. Ironically they'll be at Newhouse during basketball season. My guess is that they try and book Boeheim as a guest. I might actually have to tune in for that. Boeheim would eat Carton for lunch.

I agree, carton is a hack. The show is a circus. Surprised no mention of the 30 for 30 of the last time sports talk in NYC was significant: Mike and the Dog;)

I heard him say something along those lines as well. He'll never support or cheer for the basketball team as long as Boeheim is the coach. I'm sure JB's shed a few tears over that. Ironically they'll be at Newhouse during basketball season. My guess is that they try and book Boeheim as a guest. I might actually have to tune in for that. Boeheim would eat Carton for lunch.

All of my syracusefan.com points for this to happen!

FWIW, his family has strong ties to the Cuse and pretty sure he doesn't really hate Syracuse. His cousin who he talks to a lot is on the Board and does a bunch of work for Newhouse.

This is only a good thing.

FWIW, his family has strong ties to the Cuse and pretty sure he doesn't really hate Syracuse. His cousin who he talks to a lot is on the Board and does a bunch of work for Newhouse.

This is only a good thing.

I don't recall Carton ever saying anything positive about Syracuse.

I can't stand Carton, the guy is a clown. He kills Boeheim and Syracuse nonstop, his diploma should be revoked.

Stopped listing to WFAN in the morning after Imus was fired.

Twenty plus years ago, Carton was in Philly on WIP Sports Radio.

Got some attention for breaking the story that Norman Braman had decided to sell the Philadelphia Eagles to Jeff Lurie.

Carton is an ahole towards the Basketball program but he did my respect for this beatdown of a Cult of Joe student.

I don't recall Carton ever saying anything positive about Syracuse.

He used to be an SU homer when it came to basketball but once the Bernie Fine story broke without hearing any facts he just assumed everyone was guilty and everyone should be fired. Then of course he "lied" and said he was on the SU board of trustees.

I am just utterly stunned they are letting him do a live show from here. It won't end well and it will be a public embarrassment for the University.

This is a tamed down version of what he has said for many years now Syracuse grad Craig Carton talks about his new book 'Loudmouth' and why he won't root for SU hoops

"I have denounced all support though of Syracuse basketball until Jim Boeheim is fired. And you ask 'why is that?' Well, I'll tell you why that is. Because I believe that Bernie Fine did despicable things to young boys or young men even. That's my belief. I know it is alleged. I think with Jim Boeheim if you worked with someone as long as you did, would have to have some inkling that something was going on and I think that it is despicable.

"Until he is removed as head coach, I will not support the Syracuse basketball team. I love the university, I hope my kids go there. I love the football program, like I said, I am a Syracuse guy, I want to be fully supportive. But you can't tolerate that kind of alleged behavior."

Boomer's had a burr under his saddle about SU football since his Maryland days. Not sure why that is. So, between Carton and Boomer I don't expect any niceties about SU football or basketball.

Boomer's had a burr under his saddle about SU football since his Maryland days. Not sure why that is. So, between Carton and Boomer I don't expect any niceties about SU football or basketball.
Don't worry. After Dino goes 8-4 they will have to recognize

Boomer was 2-0-1 against us as a starter, so I'm not sure what the issue is. In the tie (1981), SU came back from 3-17 in the 4th quarter. Maybe that's it. :noidea:

Boomer's most often put-down against SU is they are so dumb they play basketball in a football stadium. He has said that line like 100 times.

When this was announced this week Boomer did say I was told "February in Syracuse...where I always want to be."

He used to be an SU homer when it came to basketball but once the Bernie Fine story broke without hearing any facts he just assumed everyone was guilty and everyone should be fired. Then of course he "lied" and said he was on the SU board of trustees.

I am just utterly stunned they are letting him do a live show from here. It won't end well and it will be a public embarrassment for the University.

This is a tamed down version of what he has said for many years now Syracuse grad Craig Carton talks about his new book 'Loudmouth' and why he won't root for SU hoops

"I have denounced all support though of Syracuse basketball until Jim Boeheim is fired. And you ask 'why is that?' Well, I'll tell you why that is. Because I believe that Bernie Fine did despicable things to young boys or young men even. That's my belief. I know it is alleged. I think with Jim Boeheim if you worked with someone as long as you did, would have to have some inkling that something was going on and I think that it is despicable.

"Until he is removed as head coach, I will not support the Syracuse basketball team. I love the university, I hope my kids go there. I love the football program, like I said, I am a Syracuse guy, I want to be fully supportive. But you can't tolerate that kind of alleged behavior."

I thought it was pretty much common knowledge, reading the tea leaves, that Bernie was a victim of a shake down by a few grifter types in Syracuse, a few others completely lied and ultimately Fine was outed as a gay man? Am I wrong here? I assumed since this case went away very quietly there was a settlement, of sorts, from SU to Fine for firing him essentially for being a gay man.

What was Carton's theory?

I'm on the side of any publicity is good publicity for Newhouse. There are many less than suitable grads of the Newhouse school we would open our doors for if they spoke. Marv Albert, Mike Tirico etc are always welcomed back and both had very embarassing escapades.

I agree, carton is a hack. The show is a circus. Surprised no mention of the 30 for 30 of the last time sports talk in NYC was significant: Mike and the Dog;)
OMG, Syracuse and Rutgers fans finally have something in common besides losing football programs. They regularly trash this radio show. lol

I thought it was pretty much common knowledge, reading the tea leaves, that Bernie was a victim of a shake down by a few grifter types in Syracuse, a few others completely lied and ultimately Fine was outed as a gay man? Am I wrong here? I assumed since this case went away very quietly there was a settlement, of sorts, from SU to Fine for firing him essentially for being a gay man.

What was Carton's theory?

I'm on the side of any publicity is good publicity for Newhouse. There are many less than suitable grads of the Newhouse school we would open our doors for if they spoke. Marv Albert, Mike Tirico etc are always welcomed back and both had very embarassing escapades.

Apparently it was to people with brains, Carton missed the memo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom