OT: Bucky vs Nebraska | Syracusefan.com

OT: Bucky vs Nebraska

brandokc

All Conference
I'm on the ground in Lincoln with a friend that is a UW alumni.
Lincoln is a great college town. Reminds me of Syracuse.
Memorial Stadium has pee troughs BTW.

Go Bucky!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'm on the ground in Lincoln with a friend that is a UW alumni.
Lincoln is a great college town. Reminds me of Syracuse.
Memorial Stadium has pee troughs BTW.

Go Bucky!

enjoy the bars on "o street" post game. sandys or bison witches are great

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

I know I am late to this discussion but it feels good to know I was not the only Syracuse fan in Lincoln this Saturday. Went down to visit friends and got a lot of interesting comments on my Cuse Nation Shirt and Hat. I just kept reminding them of 1984 and how Cuse leads the Series 7-5.

I go to most of the Husker games living in Omaha and always have my CUSE gear on, no Red. I was at the game in 84 and also remind them that we would be 3-1 if we played the same schedule they do.

Checked out O street prior to the game. Had a runza and red hot dog during the game.

Memorial is a great place to watch a game. All those that piss and moan about the dome however would be shocked to see the infrastructure.

Wisconsin made absolutely no adjustments in the 2nd half. They consistently lost containment and didn't appear to have a spy on Martinez.
The play calling on offense would have made Deleone blush.

I look forward to a return trip in two years. Lincoln is a great college town tucked away in fly over country.

way off topic but have you had the boulevard bourbon barrel quad? Best beer Ive ever had

I have and love everything Boulevard puts out. Some of the best beer on the planet.

Myself and a few friend let a live chicken loose in the elevator of the Cornhusker Hotel. Had it in a bag, took the elevator up to the 4th floor left the chicken and got out. One of the guys was in the lobby and pressed the down button. We raced down the stairs and caught the chicken doing its thing in the lobby. For some reason the hotel staff looked perplexed.

Youth.

Wisconsin had zero offensive output. Every score was handed to them due to Nebraska turnovers. They had a little success with a lot of pre-snap formation motions but they stopped that in the 2nd half for some reason. At the end of the day, Wisc had the ball with 3 minutes to go and a chance to win the game but couldn't move the ball. The loss of all those assistant coaches over the off season (and probably most importantly, Chryst) is clearly felt on the field.

I went to Wisc for grad school ('12) and I was in Lincoln for the Badgers/Huskers game as well. Awesome town. Great pre/post game environment. Good fans too. Bigger and better atmosphere than Syracuse in my opinion.

To Nebraska's credit, they're in the middle of a stadium renovation to boost seating to 95K so there's a lot of construction in the area. "Structurally," it's on par with Camp Randall but the stadium/in-game atmosphere in Madison is so much better/entertaining. My favorite game day experiences are either Beaver Stadium or Camp Randall.

...and no I was never in the Beaver Stadium locker room shower

When the dome is sold out and CUSE has a good team the crowd is much better than it is in Lincoln. That said it has been a long time since the dome has been sold out and we have been a top 10 team. What amazes me in Lincoln is that they get excited over beating Idaho St. and sell out. They don't exaclty havpro football etc.

I went to the SU/ Minny game and thought that stadiuk and atmosphere was much nicer than in Lincoln. Don't let the size of the crowd fool you.

I went to the SU/ Minny game and thought that stadiuk and atmosphere was much nicer than in Lincoln. Don't let the size of the crowd fool you.

I was mostly disappointed with the in-game stadium environment. Yeah, the fans cheered and the stadium sold out for the 323rd consecutive game but they could use a few more cheers. Pretty tame. At Camp Randall, we had cheers, songs, the alma mater, 5th quarter, variations of the wave, etc.

The one thing I found really unique at Memorial was the release of ballons after TDs. The fact that it was a night game made it even cooler of a sight.

As the the Carrier Dome, I was a student for Coach P's last eason and then had to endure GRob's 1-10, 4-8, 2-10 seasons so I've never experienced a full house for football.

I was at Minnesota and gotta agree that it was louder than the few games I got free tickets to in Lincoln. Probably helps Minny gives students a whole end of the stadium while Lincoln pushes the students in a corner at the top of the stadium to not piss off the older fans. The tailgating in Lincoln is pretty weak as well, unless you have a permit to park somewhere or know someone you are usally out of luck tailgating wise. If I go down there it's usually just sitting at a bar on O st.

Oh I thought they had a great tailgate scene. The baseball stadium is just across the highway (connected by a pedestrian bridge) and thats where a majority of the traditional tailgating happens. If you haven't already been, you should check it out next time you head to a Huskers game.

Anyway, I had an awesome time...in spite of the loss.

Hope we take down Pitt

When the dome is sold out and CUSE has a good team the crowd is much better than it is in Lincoln. That said it has been a long time since the dome has been sold out and we have been a top 10 team. What amazes me in Lincoln is that they get excited over beating Idaho St. and sell out. They don't exaclty havpro football etc.

Yeah something tells me the good people of Nebraska go to the games to see the Cornhuskers play. Not their opponent.

I know I am late to this discussion but it feels good to know I was not the only Syracuse fan in Lincoln this Saturday. Went down to visit friends and got a lot of interesting comments on my Cuse Nation Shirt and Hat. I just kept reminding them of 1984 and how Cuse leads the Series 7-5.
my father Jerry works on the east side gate 18a checking tickets. next time you go to a game in Lincoln say hi and mention the 84 upset.