OT. but NBA | Syracusefan.com

OT. but NBA

jordoo

Living Legend
The NBA is fantastic! Portland @ Golden St. Great ball. Portland playing for 4th and home court. Golden St. Playing to stop a 2 game losing streak. (Longest of their season)

Slick, smooth, smart bball makes NCAA look like toddlers.

These teams are loaded ;)

I would like to see a GS v. San Antonio West Finals if that is possible with the seedings. Past and present collision!

The Spurs will represent the west again this year in the finals. It doesn't matter what seed they get.

The NBA is fantastic! Portland @ Golden St. Great ball. Portland playing for 4th and home court. Golden St. Playing to stop a 2 game losing streak. (Longest of their season)

Slick, smooth, smart bball makes NCAA look like toddlers.

These teams are loaded ;)

It's really a shame Wes Matthews got hurt. Portland has a fun team.

And, oh btw, Steph is a baaaaaaad man.

There used to be a player named Alex Dillard, on Arkansas, that would shoot from the hog's tail (basically a few steps past half court).

Steph is like that, but he makes like 45% of them and can do it off the dribble.

Love the NBA.

Yep that finish by Curry was the 'I'm so good I'm effin with you now' finish.
Wait! He stayed in college until his junior year. After spending three years in college, he didn't have any room to get any better. He was too old. ;)

That would be level of offense and defense that may have never been seen before.

2013 finals was about as good as it could possibly get, that match-up may top it.

This is a random thing, but I was listening to the Bill Simmons podcast today, he was talking about voting for first team all league and who he'd vote for center, and he didnt mention Anthony Davis, so I assume Davis is listed as a forward. Which next year could mean youi have Lebron/Durant/Davis all as forwards, so someone (Durant?) wouldn't make first team all league.

I think Steph is my MVP. What a great player to watch

I'd still vote for Harden this year, but it feels like a Co-MVP type of year to me. He and Curry are both so deserving.

Instead of starting a new topic, i'll just bring it up here..
Chris Copeland - Thabo Sefalosha - Pero Antic
What!?
Atlanta sports are officially cursed. Thabo Sefalosha, imo, is the difference between them beating and losing to Cleveland in the ECF.
Sounds like another case of some more "heavy handed" good ol' police working to serve and protect.

Instead of starting a new topic, i'll just bring it up here..
Chris Copeland - Thabo Sefalosha - Pero Antic
What!?
Atlanta sports are officially cursed. Thabo Sefalosha, imo, is the difference between them beating and losing to Cleveland in the ECF.
Sounds like another case of some more "heavy handed" good ol' police working to serve and protect.

Story is fishy. Something happened with the police is my guess.

Story is fishy. Something happened with the police is my guess.
It sounds like Pero and Thabo were trying to tell people to give Copeland room and then when cops came and cleared out the situation, they didn't want to move. Which I get, and if a cop tells you to move, apparently, 6 times, you need to move but 4 cops subduing him and he breaks his leg?

Steph curry has to be the mvp right? I know what Westbrook and harden are doing but holy cow Steph is insane.
My vote changes every game ... has to be the best MVP race ever, with 4 guys all deserving.

It sounds like Pero and Thabo were trying to tell people to give Copeland room and then when cops came and cleared out the situation, they didn't want to move. Which I get, and if a cop tells you to move, apparently, 6 times, you need to move but 4 cops subduing him and he breaks his leg?

Players Association is now investigating. Police keep taking all sorts of hits across the country lately.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...-tactics-thabo-sefolosha-arrest-broken-fibula

Here are the NBA title odds as of today. I still think the Hawks at 15/1 is the greatest investment I've ever seen.

Cleveland Cavaliers 9/5
Golden State Warriors 9/5
San Antonio Spurs 5/1
Atlanta Hawks 15/1
Chicago Bulls 18/1
Los Angeles Clippers 22/1
Houston Rockets 25/1
Memphis Grizzlies 25/1
Dallas Mavericks 50/1
Portland Blazers 70/1
Toronto Raptors 75/1
Washington Wizards 90/1
Oklahoma City Thunder 150/1
Indiana Pacers 200/1
New Orleans Pelicans 200/1
Brooklyn Nets 250/1
Miami Heat 250/1
Boston Celtics 300/1
Milwaukee Bucks 300/1
Charlotte Hornets 2000/1
Phoenix Suns 5000/1

Here are the NBA title odds as of today. I still think the Hawks at 15/1 is the greatest investment I've ever seen.

Cleveland Cavaliers 9/5
Golden State Warriors 9/5
San Antonio Spurs 5/1
Atlanta Hawks 15/1
Chicago Bulls 18/1
Los Angeles Clippers 22/1
Houston Rockets 25/1
Memphis Grizzlies 25/1
Dallas Mavericks 50/1
Portland Blazers 70/1
Toronto Raptors 75/1
Washington Wizards 90/1
Oklahoma City Thunder 150/1
Indiana Pacers 200/1
New Orleans Pelicans 200/1
Brooklyn Nets 250/1
Miami Heat 250/1
Boston Celtics 300/1
Milwaukee Bucks 300/1
Charlotte Hornets 2000/1
Phoenix Suns 5000/1
No Sefalosha really hurts them against Cleveland. Carrol/Sefalosha would've been a monster defensive tandem against Lebron.

The odds seem pretty accurate to me. Cavs, Warriors, and Spurs appear to be the heavy favorites right now, while teams like the Hawks, Bulls, and Clippers have some sort of chance.

The Hawks are without Millsap, for who knows how long. 15-1 is pretty good, but I think Cleveland is definitely a better team than they are right now. I'm at the point where if the champ is anyone but San Antonio, Cleveland, or G-State I'd be stunned.

Curry should be MVP. I don't think it's close really. Westbrook and Harden put up great numbers, but they play more minutes. Curry plays better defense than them to. See below. And if it's not Steph, it should be Lebron. Curry and Lebron are the best two way players in the league.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12648764/how-stephen-curry-developed-top-flight-defender
I think it is closer than you are crediting, and it's not about the numbers alone. Golden State has a lot of talent on its roster, but Westbrook and Harden are carrying their teams night in and night out in a way that Curry doesn't have to. Westbrook is out because his team probably won't make the playoffs, which hurts the valuable part of the equation (although they wouldn't even be in contention without his superhuman efforts). Harden, though is probably more valuable to his team than is Curry. And the reality is that Lebron is still Lebron, the best player in the world and at least as valuable to his team as anyone else we can think of.

I seemingly change my mind after every game, but in the morning after, when I get past the excitement of last night's games and stop to think about it, I would probably end up voting for Lebron.

I think it is closer than you are crediting, and it's not about the numbers alone. Golden State has a lot of talent on its roster, but Westbrook and Harden are carrying their teams night in and night out in a way that Curry doesn't have to. Westbrook is out because his team probably won't make the playoffs, which hurts the valuable part of the equation (although they wouldn't even be in contention without his superhuman efforts). Harden, though is probably more valuable to his team than is Curry. And the reality is that Lebron is still Lebron, the best player in the world and at least as valuable to his team as anyone else we can think of.

I seemingly change my mind after every game, but in the morning after, when I get past the excitement of last night's games and stop to think about it, I would probably end up voting for Lebron.

I agree Lebron is the best player, but I don't think I'd vote for him. I can't decide between Steph and Harden. I'ver made this point before; if i needed to win a game tomorrow I'd pick Lebron first, but I think you can make the argument Steph and Harden have had better years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom