OT. but NBA | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT. but NBA

Dirty or Not Dirty?...

Kelly Olynyck dislocating Kevin Love's shoulder?
I think it was a possibly reckless but not dirty. Big men tangle up like that all the time going for rebounds.
Kendrick Perkins going hitman style on Crowder was dirty but i'm glad he wasn't ejected. That's just playoff basketball.
JR Smith is such a punk. Dude straight up yoked Jae Crowder with a backhand MMA closed fist.
If you want to talk about dirty plays, the Cavs need to look at themselves and Kevin Love needs to stop whining about the league needing to punish Olynyck. You got hurt, it happens. Mike Conley is getting facial surgery today and you don't see him crying to the media about rough play.
Bill Laimbeer and Rick Mahorn say they are all pussys.

Never seen this before...too bad the refs didn't see it either. While JR's being suspended, the league should send the refs who worked this game to time-out for a game or two.

glad Milwaukee didn't get swept. Ennis will get to enjoy another DNP coaches decision. Those memories will keep him going on those long bus rides in the D-league.

Olynyck might've ensured there's now zero chance of Love maybe signing with Boston, which some "pundits" have seen as a possibility. He's my new least-favorite player in the league. Maybe he didn't set out to rip Love's shoulder out of the socket, but he did by holding on to Love's arm for dear life. Hope he cuts himself shaving when he starts shaving.
View attachment 41468

Olynyck going for the crippler crossface!

NBA apparently thinks Olynyk went a tad overboard, suspended him one game. That oughta hurt the Celts' playoff chances.

I have to imagine I'm only one of only a few East Coasters that stayed up and watched Game 5 of LAC/SAS that ended at 2AM. The hardest played game I've seen this year, and the Clippers blew it last night. Danny Green had an 80's/90's esque non-flagrant foul on Blake that sent him straight to the floor and then to the team chiropractor. Duncan owned him down the stretch, Chris Paul complained all night about Leonard/Green defense, and eventually got a T for throwing the ball back to the official. Hack a Jordan worked in SAS favor, and cost the Clippers any momentum they could get in the second half. The Clippers are the more talented team in this series but they are blowing another series where they aren't mentally tough.

I have to imagine I'm only one of only a few East Coasters that stayed up and watched Game 5 of LAC/SAS that ended at 2AM. The hardest played game I've seen this year, and the Clippers blew it last night. Danny Green had an 80's/90's esque non-flagrant foul on Blake that sent him straight to the floor and then to the team chiropractor. Duncan owned him down the stretch, Chris Paul complained all night about Leonard/Green defense, and eventually got a T for throwing the ball back to the official. Hack a Jordan worked in SAS favor, and cost the Clippers any momentum they could get in the second half. The Clippers are the more talented team in this series but they are blowing another series where they aren't mentally tough.

Dang I just couldn't make it through half time. Wish I did now.

Do you think the Clippers are more talented? Maybe the front line talent but they have no depth.

Danny Green had an 80's/90's esque non-flagrant foul on Blake that sent him straight to the floor and then to the team chiropractor.

I think that was a clean foul. It looked bad, but most of the force was generated by Griffin himself

on a side note, Dennis Colonello, the Clips' chiropractor, is my chiro. I like to think he takes more pride in the latter.

The Clippers are the more talented team in this series but they are blowing another series where they aren't mentally tough.

The problem with the Clips is that they've cried for fouls for 3 years.

They are the boy who cried wolf. The refs clearly look at them and feel like they are floppers and babies.

Do you think the Clippers are more talented? Maybe the front line talent but they have no depth.

They've got your prototypes at 4 out of 5 starting spots. Neither Barnes or Crawford bring the whole package, but can hold their own. Once you get past the top 6 guys San Antonio has the clear edge. That's where they made their run. Mills came in and caught fire.

They've got your prototypes at 4 out of 5 starting spots. Neither Barnes or Crawford bring the whole package, but can hold their own. Once you get past the top 6 guys San Antonio has the clear edge. That's where they made their run. Mills came in and caught fire.

I'd say the Clippers are fantastic, maybe best in the league 1-3, 4-6 is pretty solid, and then after that? Not good.

Neither Barnes or Crawford bring the whole package, but can hold their own.

not against Kawhi, they can't. The talent gap between Kawhi and any SF on the Clippers' roster is the biggest in the series.

Chris Paul is much, much better than the current version of Tony Parker. It's a big gap, but not as big as the one Kawhi gives the Spurs. but that's one position that goes big for the Clips, one for the Spurs.

Griffin is one of the 15 best players in the Association and is (mostly) playing like it . . . but the gap between he and Duncan in this series is not that large. And at crunch time, the gap often has been reversed in Timmy's favor. So let's call that a push.

I give Green the edge over Reddick at SG but not by much. to be fairminded, I'll call it two pushes.

So the Clippers' supposed edge 1-5 really comes down to Jordan over Splitter by a lot at center. But Diaw is playing more minutes and his versatility really eats some of that up. And that is just the beginning of the Spurs' bench cascade . . .

Last edited:
Mannnnnnn, Mike Conley's face is jacked up!!I know he had surgery but I didn't realize it was that serious. Hopefully he came make it back for the next series if they move on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom