OT: Can we all agree to just be cool with PEDs? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Can we all agree to just be cool with PEDs?

Yes, we'll have to agree to disagree, but can I ask one thing? What were "all those supplements" that I defended earlier. I mentioned protein shakes and multivitamins. That was it. You brought up GNC and ephedra. I never mentioned ephedra or anything remotely related to it or in a similar category until you brought it up. Look back at our posts if you like. You'll see those are the only two legal things I specifically referenced that I wasn't against. I've never once heard anyone anywhere question the safety of protein shakes and multivitamins.

Your initial response to one of my posts was something to the effect of "if you can't see the difference between multi-vitamins and protein shakes and HGH then I don't know what to say." So, to answer it directly, yes I get that taking vitamins and protein shakes is different, but I wanted to make two points -- 1. supplements (the really basic vitamin kind all the way through to the ridiculous sexual enhancement products, etc.) aren't regulated in any meaningful way and 2. if you ask me there is no proof that taking the weight-gain/loss supplements and sexual enhancement supplements, etc., may be equally as bad, if not worse (and certainly more widespread).

CBS did a report on the regulation issue (link). You absolutely can "overdose" on vitamins, by the way, and do yourself harm in the process.

But generally, no taking a multivitamin isn't a bad thing and if you want to drink protein shakes, have at it. I was merely saying that a TON of people take completely absurd "supplements") the GNC kind with no idea what they are made of, let alone any clue what it could do to them 5, 10, 15 years down the road. So people go off on HGH but don't seem to mind if athletes are using ridiculous cocktails of supplements, so long as they aren't banned.

Some guys will lose out. I believe that Bonds (and probably Clemens) will eventually get in. I still believe that Hank Aaron should be atop the all time HR list. Deduct Bonds' HRs from the time the Balco stuff started, or his head exploded in size. It's fine to list his total under the explanation of his asterisk.

Sosa & McGwire are trickier... they will likely be left out. I don't know how well they did before they "exploded" as I was out of the continent for most of the 90s.

Are there guys that used and weren't detected? Yup.
Are there guys who may be suspected of using who did not? Possibly.

At some point there will be a generational change in the voters and there'll be a catch-up phase for the PED-era players that will allow them to get in. I don't mind if those players have to sweat it out an extra 5-10 years.
What about the amphtemines guys of Aaron's era took? Those are PEDs.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

It's obvious you believe a business is there to serve labor; I believe labor is there to serve a business.

Look, if I own a business, and risk my time and capital, I should be able to run it the way I see fit. If you don't like my attitude, then you are free to leave. If my bad attitude starts sinking my business, then it's up to me to change or risk losing everything. there's nothing backwards about that.
No business has ever existed without the input of labor. And, that includes one-man businesses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom