OT: Conference Realignment (Big Vote Next Week) | Syracusefan.com

OT: Conference Realignment (Big Vote Next Week)

I hope it passes, but the whole thing is so funny. All 10 conferences vote, but the Power 5 votes count double.

There are so many rules that are just made up as they go (including the initial rule they are trying to overturn) that I don't even know how they keep track of it all.

Whatever they decide, they might as well add it as an appendix to the IRS Tax Code.

just wish some conference had the cojones to tell notre dame either your all in or you're out. keep your football to yourself but take your hoops and lax and women's programs and hit the goddamm bricks. you're not that special!

Ultimatums never work out well, especially for the party delivering it ...unless you are going to war.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...-conference-title-game-byu-houston-Cincinnati

If it passes, the ACC could theoretically add 1 more team and do some creative scheduling.
alright, this is big.

i still want the bevo to go to 12, just because...well...F them.

but if the ACC can get out of this current schedule format then i would be ok with it. if we can find away to avoid 1 of clemson and fla st and maybe even both of them till a Conf Champ game than that would be ideal.

somebody will need to break out the 3-5-5 set ups again, but as long as 2 of Syracuse's 3 are BC & Pitt this would work.

I hope it passes, but the whole thing is so funny. All 10 conferences vote, but the Power 5 votes count double.

There are so many rules that are just made up as they go (including the initial rule they are trying to overturn) that I don't even know how they keep track of it all.

Whatever they decide, they might as well add it as an appendix to the IRS Tax Code.

This part about the B1G's objection made me double over with laughter: "Rather, the conference was concerned that total deregulation might have unintended consequences."

Unintended consequences, you say?! Like the consequence that the 12-team, 2-division mandate caused every freakin' conference to expand in a frantic money grab?! THAT kind of consequence?!

What a bunch of dopes.

This part about the B1G's objection made me double over with laughter: "Rather, the conference was concerned that total deregulation might have unintended consequences."

Unintended consequences, you say?! Like the consequence that the 12-team, 2-division mandate caused every freakin' conference to expand in a frantic money grab?! THAT kind of consequence?!

What a bunch of dopes.

What annoys me to no limit is that the Big 10 has ANYTHING to say about how the ACC picks its champion.

Scooch said:
This part about the B1G's objection made me double over with laughter: "Rather, the conference was concerned that total deregulation might have unintended consequences." Unintended consequences, you say?! Like the consequence that the 12-team, 2-division mandate caused every freakin' conference to expand in a frantic money grab?! THAT kind of consequence?! What a bunch of dopes.

I was waiting for the rest of the comment.

What are the unintended consequences?!?! What conference doesn't want it's best teams to play in that game!??!

What a bunch of dopes.

I can only assume these guys are smart enough to know how much bullsh!t they're shoveling, but able to sleep at night regardless.

The NCAA guys are just check cashers. Trying to figure out some stupid way to justify it.

That article is really something. And there are so many that read it and think look there are legitimate issues they need to solve! Dope Nation.

I was waiting for the rest of the comment.

What are the unintended consequences?!?! What conference doesn't want it's best teams to play in that game!??!

Jim Delaney... "Oh crap, we just forced our conference into two ridiculously unbalanced divisions. If this thing passes they're going to make me blow that up. Crap."

I can only assume these guys are smart enough to know how much bullsh!t they're shoveling, but able to sleep at night regardless.

The NCAA guys are just check cashers. Trying to figure out some stupid way to justify it.

That article is really something. And there are so many that read it and think look there are legitimate issues they need to solve! Dope Nation.

img_what_dreaming_about_money_means_1133_300.jpg

College football has so many back door deals and the like that I wouldn't be surprised the ACC won't be able to pick its own champion or be able to schedule how they want to. This political bs is what has and will always make the sport less enjoyable.

alright, this is big.

i still want the bevo to go to 12, just because...well...F them.

but if the ACC can get out of this current schedule format then i would be ok with it. if we can find away to avoid 1 of clemson and fla st and maybe even both of them till a Conf Champ game than that would be ideal.

somebody will need to break out the 3-5-5 set ups again, but as long as 2 of Syracuse's 3 are BC & Pitt this would work.

The 3-5-5 works for 14 teams and an 8 game league schedule. There is only 1 big league of 14 teams. Each team would have 3 permanent rivals and play the other 10 teams twice over 4 year cycles. I think it would help create some rivalries. ND would just be sprinkled in there. If the ACC was smart they would have ND strategically play some upper division teams to create must watch TV. The ACC through a formula could select the two highest rated teams to meet in Charlotte in early December.

So for SU
Our 3 permanent rivals could be: BC, Pitt and Miami
Pod A FSU, GTech, UVA, Duke, NCSt
Pod B Clemson, Louisville, Wake, UNC,VTech

The Big Ten doesn't want the ACC to have the ability to do the 3+5+5 or the Big XII to have a CCG at 10 teams.

The Pac-12 will vote with Big Ten. The SEC doesn't care. If the ACC wants the 3+5+5 it will have t make a deal with the Big XII for the 10 team CCG and those 2 conferences would be 24 teams. The Big Ten and Pac-12 team would be 26 teams.

The SEC would likely side with the ACC/B12 and it would pass.

If the 3+5+5 passed the top 2 ACC teams every year would play in the CCG game regardless of what prior division they were in. We would see Clemson-Florida State play twice a year some times and that would help their SOS but could hurt them if they lost in getting into a CFB playoff.

I have done the projections our permanent 3 would be BC, Pitt and then one of Miami/Virginia/Louisville.

Alsacs said:
The Big Ten doesn't want the ACC to have the ability to do the 3+5+5 or the Big XII to have a CCG at 10 teams. The Pac-12 will vote with Big Ten. The SEC doesn't care. If the ACC wants the 3+5+5 it will have t make a deal with the Big XII for the 10 team CCG and those 2 conferences would be 24 teams. The Big Ten and Pac-12 team would be 26 teams. The SEC would likely side with the ACC/B12 and it would pass. If the 3+5+5 passed the top 2 ACC teams every year would play in the CCG game regardless of what prior division they were in. We would see Clemson-Florida State play twice a year some times and that would help their SOS but could hurt them if they lost in getting into a CFB playoff. I have done the projections our permanent 3 would be BC, Pitt and then one of Miami/Virginia/Louisville.

Why would the Pac-12 vote with the B1G? Rose bowl connections?

Just spitballin' here...

Any chance this helps make UCONN the ACC's 15th team (with 3 pods of 5 teams) and ND stays with their deal - making them a potential 16th team to the ACC if their hand is ultimately forced and they must join a conference?

Why would the Pac-12 vote with the B1G? Rose bowl connections?
Yes. Those two conferences are basically tied at the hip from a Commissioner relationships level. Whatever the Big Ten wants the Pac-12 will support and vice-versa.

Just spitballin' here...

Any chance this helps make UCONN the ACC's 15th team (with 3 pods of 5 teams) and ND stays with their deal - making them a potential 16th team to the ACC if their hand is ultimately forced and they must join a conference?

I'd think that UConn is 4th (at best) in line for a P5 spot (behind BYU, Houston, Cincinnati). I'd rather see the ACC take Cincy than UConn if it came to that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom