OT: Congrats to Army for beating BC for first win of the season | Syracusefan.com

OT: Congrats to Army for beating BC for first win of the season

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
I was in my car today and flipped the radio over to the Army game after the Yukon/Rutgers game ended and caught like the last five minutes of the game. BC had just scored and was up by four points and Army got the ball back. Army put a nice drive together and gained 74 yards but got stopped on downs at the one yard line with 2:09 in the game.

Instead of giving up, their defense did a great job and the team did a great job with clock management (especially considering they only had two TO's left). BC only gained three yards, they had to punt out of their end zone and the punter made a terrible punt and Army got the ball on the BC 38 yard line with 1:09 to go and no timeouts.

Army threw an incomplete pass on first down. Gained nine on second down and the guy went out of bounds to stop the clock. Then on 3rd and 1, their running back ran 29 yards for a touchdown and Army led 34-31. With no timeouts, they scored on three plays and 24 seconds. BC then got the ball back with 45 seconds to go down three and did nothing. I'm sure the fans at Michie Stadium were pretty happy celebrating the first win of the year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/army-tops-boston-college-34-205339155--ncaaf.html

Good for Army. Coming to a conclusion: the ACC isn't very good. Maybe not so bad for us.

Stony Brook handled Army easily

Wonder if Tom O'Brien will throw his hat in the ring for the upcoming vacancy at BC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Army turned the ball over 4 times in the red zone against stony brook including a turnover on downs in the red zone.

Army rusn the triple Option pretty well when not fumbling it every other play

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom