OT-Connecticut U.-Fishy c'mon man | Syracusefan.com

OT-Connecticut U.-Fishy c'mon man

orangehomer

All American
I've been banned for like 3 years off the Yukon board. get over it I never said anything overly inflammatory, and there is no apparent avenue to get unbanned. be an adult, and if we need chat I am happy to do that. I am a licensed professional in the state of CT, cmon man lets get modern here.

I've been banned for like 3 years off the Yukon board. get over it I never said anything overly inflammatory, and there is no apparent avenue to get unbanned. be an adult, and if we need chat I am happy to do that. I am a licensed professional in the state of CT, cmon man lets get modern here.
Living well is the best revenge. Your life has been enhanced - so you win. Move on.

I think I have been to that board once, and was after they lost in the finals of their little conference tournament.

there are good people, and there is intelligent discussion on the Yukon board as much as I hate to admit it. I actually wanted to post in the game of thrones thread so I tried to log in for the first time in like two years. but I am "banned for spam". ridiculous. I did argue about Hartford once, they were saying what a dump Syracuse is and I pointed out that Hartford has more murders and less population. it went swimmingly.

My wife used to travel 100% for her job. Had an engagement in Hartford for several months. She was duly unimpressed. Found it to be exceedingly sketchy and crumbly.

Anyway - the whole premise here is comical. You want to post on a Yvonne sports board because of their erudite discourse...

about a TV show completely unrelated to sports.

there are good people, and there is intelligent discussion on the Yukon board as much as I hate to admit it. I actually wanted to post in the game of thrones thread so I tried to log in for the first time in like two years. but I am "banned for spam". ridiculous. I did argue about Hartford once, they were saying what a dump Syracuse is and I pointed out that Hartford has more murders and less population. it went swimmingly.
they have a game of thrones thread??

well i guess since theyre a make believe athletic program, that makes sense.

going to check it out anywho...

What I don't understand is that it was Boneyard guys who helped launch this site, and I believe are still involved in the background (site administration or such), yet they ban any SU poster on their own site. I would think there would be more flexibility between the boards. Current irrelevance disregarded, they have a history with SU.

Inspired by this thread, I looked on both the UConn and Rutgers boards to see if there were threads there I might want to post on. That is, if I had absolutely nothing else to do.

What I did see on the RU board --- hold on to your hats --- was a thread about the introduction of a new Camaro model. Seriously.

Lots of excitement in RU land over the new announcement.

The thing about stereotypes is that they work because they are so true,

Inspired by this thread, I looked on both the UConn and Rutgers boards to see if there were threads there I might want to post on. That is, if I had absolutely nothing else to do.

What I did see on the RU board --- hold on to your hats --- was a thread about the introduction of a new Camaro model. Seriously.

Lots of excitement in RU land over the new announcement.

The thing about stereotypes is that they work because they are so true,

About a year ago, there was a back and forth on this forum with a Rutgers fan about each representative board. I pointed out to the RU poster that of the first 10 threads on the Rutgers board, only 2 of them had to do with football. So, it's no surprise that they have a huge thread on the Camaro. I'll bet you also saw a dozen or so threads either lambasting Flood's ability to recruit or asking for his resignation for his lack of recruiting.

About a year ago, there was a back and forth on this forum with a Rutgers fan about each representative board. I pointed out to the RU poster that of the first 10 threads on the Rutgers board, only 2 of them had to do with football. So, it's no surprise that they have a huge thread on the Camaro. I'll bet you also saw a dozen or so threads either lambasting Flood's ability to recruit or asking for his resignation for his lack of recruiting.

You're right.

The big problem with those complaints is that the only ones that think Rutgers ought to do better in recruiting are the message board loyalists. Recruits seem like they can see the place for what it is ... the last choice of NJ residents. A place people go when they can't afford to go where they really want to.

The Boneyard is a pretty good fan forum. Because of this thread, I just looked at it ... Aside from a very nice tribute to his late father by a longtime poster there, all the threads were about UConn and college basketball.

Let's be honest: the reason why so many SU folks are banned there is because of the "FU" mania that developed here a while ago. Prior to that, there was a decent back and forth here with several good Boneyard posters such as AlexD and zls.

The Boneyard is a pretty good fan forum. Because of this thread, I just looked at it ... Aside from a very nice tribute to his late father by a longtime poster there, all the threads were about UConn and college basketball.

Let's be honest: the reason why so many SU folks are banned there is because of the "FU" mania that developed here a while ago. Prior to that, there was a decent back and forth here with several good Boneyard posters such as AlexD and zls.
All of that FU mania was here, not there. Why should someone be banned from a site that they have done nothing wrong at? They shouldn't. There is a terrible double standard. Some of those "great guys" you talk about have said some very vile things about Syracuse. And I might add, the FU mania was a joke. Tasteful? Probably not. But it was done on our board. I'm sure Syracuse is still on their drop down menu.

Have to disagree, CTO.
I was banned on that board after I dared to question why they were lashing out at SU like we were responsible for their current dilemma. It's one thing to be bitter and angry, but to lash out at us, LVille, even Rutgers, like we made the decision to reject them is just idiotic. The irony seems lost on that fanbase that to call us a bogus program, while they're the ones on the outside looking in, makes them look really stupid.
It's that same kind of bitter, vindictive, & petty reaction that led to their infamous lawsuit against the old Big East, and ultimately put them in their current predicament in the first place!
Its fun to watch them squirm and fret, delusional in their panic to get out of purgatory. Eventually they will probably be picked up by someone, but til then they deserve all the angst thats befallen them.