Class of 2023 - OT Deandre Duffus (FL) Verbal to Maryland | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 OT Deandre Duffus (FL) Verbal to Maryland

If he was we probably would have seen oranges from one of the coaches.
Perhaps.

Or maybe they don't know yet, like everyone else.

Not saying he is coming here, by the way but...

On his instagram movie he has a count down clock with Indiana, UMD and SU as his choices.

And I think that would it be the first time he posted a picture of himself sitting on that throne at SU.

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    397.7 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
My guess is Indiana. Seems like he follows a lot of their social accounts.

My guess is Indiana. Seems like he follows a lot of their social accounts.
No idea what direction he'll go.

But what I do know beyond the shadow of a doubt is that the B1G is unequivocal scum.

Maryland is also close to signing two of the best players in NYS. Fontus and Nelson. Based only on what I see, it appears they are having a good recruiting class.

No. No recruit has ever come to Syracuse. This would be the first time we landed a recruit.
Be sure to wake me up when we get a highly recruited kid with multiple P5 offers. We can’t close these ever. It’s Marilyn too it’s not like he picked Penn State

Be sure to wake me up when we get a highly recruited kid with multiple P5 offers. We can’t close these ever. It’s Marilyn too it’s not like he picked Penn State
That's what I'm trying to say...I agreed with you...hell a school called Marilyn can out recruit us, and I've never even heard of them.

We really do struggle to close the big boys that we target.
Yup. We've always struggled closing on prospects with multiple P5 options. We win some battles but lose most.

Maryland is also close to signing two of the best players in NYS. Fontus and Nelson. Based only on what I see, it appears they are having a good recruiting class.
They have landed a couple we were after

We will miss out on recruits. However, I have faith in the staff that they will get the players they need. Either high school or through the portal. The staff is only taking the kids they want. They may not have the star rating people want but remember our last two draft picks were an 85 and an 82. Garrett is projected high and he was an 82.
It is difficult recruiting 17 year old players. Especially when the staff is upfront with them. It’s easier to tell them what they want to hear but I do not feel DB is that kind of coach. As a fan I prefer that kind of coach.
I feel that several of our players will be drafted this year. Garrett, Tucker, Bergeron and Jones. There may also be a surprise or two. Once that starts happening and if the team can win some games recruiting will pick up.

We will miss out on recruits. However, I have faith in the staff that they will get the players they need. Either high school or through the portal. The staff is only taking the kids they want. They may not have the star rating people want but remember our last two draft picks were an 85 and an 82. Garrett is projected high and he was an 82.
It is difficult recruiting 17 year old players. Especially when the staff is upfront with them. It’s easier to tell them what they want to hear but I do not feel DB is that kind of coach. As a fan I prefer that kind of coach.
I feel that several of our players will be drafted this year. Garrett, Tucker, Bergeron and Jones. There may also be a surprise or two. Once that starts happening and if the team can win some games recruiting will pick up.

Possibly Andre and Vet

Duce next year and Wax, Thompson, Kalan Ellis in a couple years.

Something tells me Gadsden gets a look when his time is done here

Loads of potential in secondary that are young.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom