OT: Deion/Shedeur Outburst | Syracusefan.com

OT: Deion/Shedeur Outburst

bnoro

Lurker
Not sure people are following what's going on in the social media world with Deion Sanders and his son but it is some NASTY work on kids that transferred out of Colorado.

I cannot understand the thought process here, why you would want to send your son to play for this man, and also why you'd want to play for this guy if you're a player.

Absolute PR masterclass in what not to do, both as a coach and a teammate. Spencer Rattler fell in the draft because of a Netflix show he was on in HS, what does this say about Shedeur?

Not sure people are following what's going on in the social media world with Deion Sanders and his son but it is some NASTY work on kids that transferred out of Colorado.

I cannot understand the thought process here, why you would want to send your son to play for this man, and also why you'd want to play for this guy if you're a player.

Absolute PR masterclass in what not to do, both as a coach and a teammate. Spencer Rattler fell in the draft because of a Netflix show he was on in HS, what does this say about Shedeur?
I'll preface this by saying I find the entire Deion phenomenon a bit tiresome at this point.

But if Deion was honest with this kid Xavier Smith and told him he didn't think it was in either sides best interest for him to stay, then why stay? I'm only able to see the tweet, not the Athletic article itself.

I'll preface this by saying I find the entire Deion phenomenon a bit tiresome at this point.

But if Deion was honest with this kid Xavier Smith and told him he didn't think it was in either sides best interest for him to stay, then why stay? I'm only able to see the tweet, not the Athletic article itself.
There are right ways and wrong ways to handle things.

Deion continuously chooses the wrong way -- and is very boisterous about his opinion being correct, every single time.

High time he gets what is coming to him.

Shadeur will be a team killer, especially at the position he wants to play.

Deion was also a team killer, but he played a position that you could afford someone like him acting the way he does. WR & CB are the two for me.

No shot his kid gets picked anywhere near as high as his talent may suggest he should. And to be frank, I don't even know how his game would translate to the NFL.

without knowing the true story... i am fairly confident in saying that up until the story is published deion isnt as bad as they are saying and xavier isnt as innocent as this makes it out to be. it is certainly somewhere closer to the middle and frankly what Fran came in and did... now after the story is published is a different story.

that being said - shadeur and deion should not be commenting without PR approval.

my point is that this story is dumb in general. colorado stunk and did not have athletes to compete. he needed to overhaul the roster.

Deion is a tremendous POS. Always was. Tim McCarver was right when he questioned his manhood when he tossed water on him after the braves playoff game.

Never got why everyone fell in love with a carnival freak. He's a bad guy. HOF player, 10 cent person

I hope he enjoyed his 15 minutes of fame as a coach.

There's speculation that Deion is only doing this HC thing to control and oversee the development of his sons as players.
I feel this way too, I mean I read something that said he's never even done an in-home recruiting visit while at Colorado? Not saying he doesn't love to coach but definitely feels like there's alternate motives. I also could be wrong but hasn't he coached every game Sheduer has played in since he was in high school? I wonder if he'll have that same motivation once he's not coaching his son. Just doesn't seem like he's in it for the long haul at least from the outside looking in.

There are right ways and wrong ways to handle things.
Can you please be more specific as it relates to this situation with Xavier Smith?

Or at least he could express derision the old fashioned way, by throwing a bucket of water at him.

Can you please be more specific as it relates to this situation with Xavier Smith?
Sanders didn't even have the dignity to talk to the kid face to face - had an assistant handle his dirty work. That's bush league.

There's speculation that Deion is only doing this HC thing to control and oversee the development of his sons as players.
As we've seen up on the hill, it's not the best for team chemistry and fan support.

*dont wish minor injury on anyone, dont wish minor injury on anyone*

Colorado made a deal with the devil in my opinion.
It’s funny to read some of these comments because he was like the second coming of Jesus on the board early last year. All the talk of how lucky the school would be get a coach like Deion

It’s kinda funny because on one side you can argue Deion is perfect for this era with all the social media and ability to relate to players etc, and also says he’s terrible for this era because of his “straight shooting” and sometimes irrational confidence at times (aka being a dick).

without knowing the true story... i am fairly confident in saying that up until the story is published deion isnt as bad as they are saying and xavier isnt as innocent as this makes it out to be. it is certainly somewhere closer to the middle and frankly what Fran came in and did... now after the story is published is a different story.

that being said - shadeur and deion should not be commenting without PR approval.

my point is that this story is dumb in general. colorado stunk and did not have athletes to compete. he needed to overhaul the roster.
Didn’t he personally choose these players though and had already jettisoned most of the previous year’s team for the same reason? Seems that he should be looking in the mirror and figuring out where his player evaluation skills, recruiting decisions went haywire.Just my uninformed opinion.

I knew when he was hired he was all about himself and getting paid no matter how he he got it. Dudes a big pile of poo and see it's rubbed off on us kids as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom