OT- Does anyone have any experience... | Syracusefan.com

OT- Does anyone have any experience...

CuseTroop

Vegas Mole Person
Obtaining sponserships from major companies?

My friend Rudy Demoski is planning to run the Iditarod for the 8th time, and only the 2nd time in 28 years. When he decided to run it last year, it was very last minute. Thanks to a few of Rudys friends up here in Fairbanks, and a company called Kinross (they run the Fort Knox gold mine up here) we were able to put together just enough money to get Rudy on the starting line.

This year, we are trying to do it right. With almost a years notice, he will be able to start training months sooner. When he was younger, he only had to make sure the dogs were ready, Rudy was always in great shape, and if the dogs could take him 30 hours straight, he could hold on. At 68, Rudy learned the hard way that he needs to get his body ready as well.

The Iditarod is a very expensive race. We would like to put together $30,000 to prepare Rudy for the race. This would pay the entree fee, pay for all the food for the dogs, in training, and in the race. It would pay for sleds, harnesses, gear, and many other things Rudy will need to prepare and run The Last Great Race.

Kinross has already signed on to sponser Rudy again this year. Now we are looking for a few more sponsers. Rudy has asked me to try to contact some companies to see if they would be interested. This is something I've never done before. I figured someone on might have experience in this, and could give me some pointers.

Also, If you have a company and would like to be part of the Iditarod, let me know. Every little dollar helps. I am also in the process of making a donation page for him, and if noone minds I will post it here.

733817_10151780941558452_1118980661_n.jpg

Found a whole chapter on Rudy from the book "Iditarod Classics" http://books.google.com/books?id=07...=0CF8Q6AEwCQ#v=onepage&q=Rudy Demoski&f=false

One thing I forgot to mention, Cusetroop will not be handling any donations or sponsership money. Rudy's wife and oldest daughter take care of that. I'm just tasked with finding it.

Hey, I have someone well connected to the pet industry. I will ask if they do anything like that. Can't promise anything, but will ask.

Hey, I have someone well connected to the pet industry. I will ask if they do anything like that. Can't promise anything, but will ask.

Thanks llandz. Rudy recieved alot of praise for scratching from the race because he was worried about pushing his dogs. He put the pups well being first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom