OT: ESPN to air video of Mike Rice throwing basketballs at players’ heads | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: ESPN to air video of Mike Rice throwing basketballs at players’ heads

Wally Judge, a junior current Rutgers player, had transferred from Kansas State, where he said the practices were harder. He said he didn't think Rice's language was inappropriate, and the coach never put his hands on him.

Frank Martin FTW!

Frank_Fire.jpg

He threw a few basketballs and has a potty mouth. Oh the humanity! What a mouth-watering scandal the mothership has in this one! Milk it, Disney! Witch hunt! Get him! Tune in! Cha-ching!

Would you feel comfortable with a coach throwing a basketball at the head of your 18-year-old son from point blank range, as well as kicking him?

Would you feel comfortable with a coach throwing a basketball at the head of your 18-year-old son from point blank range, as well as kicking him?

No, I would never send my son to play for Mike Rice. He's a dope.

Keep him forever Rutgirls. A proper reflection of your program. Besides, they might actually get someone in there who knew what he was doing.

Yes, dude.

I love tough coaches... I think Frank Martin is great, and would have love to have had him as a coach. I did 6 years in the Army, went through basic training, dealt with drill SGTs and squad leaders, 1SGs, and finally because a squad leader myself. I have no problem getting yelled at, or dragged to the correct spot, if I'm in the wrong spot during training.

This is different.

No, I would never send my son to play for Mike Rice. He's a dope.

He didnt ask if you would send him to play for Mike Rice. Answer his question. Would you send your kid to play for a coach like that? after seeing the video?

With this tape floating around it's going to be damn near impossible to recruit quality talent. I almost feel bad for Rutgers... but I don't, does that make me a bad person? lol

Too damn funny. As much drama as we have under TGD has had a great year for his three major programs. SU is moving to the ACC with as much momentum as possible.

Rutgers, football team collaspes, and now this. Yikes. Looking like they will be cashing B1G checks, and not much else.

Too damn funny. As much drama as we have under TGD has had a great year for his three major programs. SU is moving to the ACC with as much momentum as possible.

Rutgers, football team collaspes, and now this. Yikes. Looking like they will be cashing B1G checks, and not much else.
So, no change in their modus operandi. They did that their entire tenure in the BE.

Hey, at least the guy didn't lead them on a naked run around the Buttgers campus. That's the Rutgers tradition.

I would like to see SU lacrosse go into the ACC in a more traditional SU fashion. Maybe they can get back to where they should be (#1) by the end of the season.

Keep him forever Rutgirls. A proper reflection of your program. Besides, they might actually get someone in there who knew what he was doing.
I doubt it. They seem to have a problem getting sane basketball coaches.

He's done, no question about it.

Pernetti will be in hot water too. He apparently let this slide with a 3 game suspension? Pernetti will be lucky if he's not fired too.
Pernetti is the golden boy for Rutgers. They wont touch him. After all, wasn't he just a finalist for "AD of the Year" or some nonsense like that? A nothing basketball program, a football program that just can't get it done, and irrelevant in just about all other sports. But they stepped in you-know-what and got an invite to the B1G. AD of the year? Sure. Future B1G bottom-feeder? Absolutely.

Thank God for E$PN in providing us the ethical references for which we can all strive! Without E$PN, how would we know right from wrong? Thank you E$PN!

He threw a few basketballs and has a potty mouth. Oh the humanity! What a mouth-watering scandal the mothership has in this one! Milk it, Disney! Witch hunt! Get him! Tune in! Cha-ching!
He was whipping the basketball at players. He wasn't using language that some in society don't like, he was degrading players. He was pushing, shoving, grabbing, and screaming at players. It's disgraceful. He, and the University, should be ashamed.

Some of their delusional fans on their R****s board suggest that thankfully Ben Howland is now on the market and would make a good replacement for Rice! Yeah that makes sense: from Pitt to UCLA to Rutgers
:rolling:

Didn't Mike "MAN, does Jonny Flynn's bag taste salty or what??" Rosario transfer from there to Florida?

And if you saw The Street Stops Here about Bob Hurley Sr and the Catholic school he coaches at (which Rosario also attended) you'll see real tough coaching that doesn't use abuse. Probably why Mike said F.U. Jersey and went to sunny Florida. From the toughest high school coach of all time to the most disrespectful college coach I've ever seen. Pshh. Can't blame him. This capful of Listerine is for you, Mike :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Rice was an assistant under Dixon at Pitt. Just saying...

Why not? All he did was "throw a few basketballs and has a potty mouth" - what's the big deal?

ESPoliceN should cover sports. Not be sports' version of TMZ.

If this guy should be fired, then that should be the decision of Rutgers. Not ESPN.

He didnt ask if you would send him to play for Mike Rice. Answer his question. Would you send your kid to play for a coach like that? after seeing the video?

No, I wouldn't. What's your point?