OT: FSU Looking For SEC Invite | Syracusefan.com

OT: FSU Looking For SEC Invite

The AD may want this but he sums it up best when he states that they have to bring enough with them to make it worth their while. I think they realize they are in the ACC for a while and they better make teh best of it. If they do not become perennial NC contenders again, they may not be going anywhere.

That would piss Florida off like no other. Don't see it happening. The B1G doesn't want FSU due to academic reasons and going to the Big12 would be a colossal waste for FSU. Their options really aren't too open right now if the SEC doesn't want them (and they don't). Tough -ish FSU.

Florida would put up a huge stink about that. Also FSU to the SEC makes a helluva lot more sense than the Bevo 12

The AD may want this but he sums it up best when he states that they have to bring enough with them to make it worth their while. I think they realize they are in the ACC for a while and they better make teh best of it. If they do not become perennial NC contenders again, they may not be going anywhere.

Yep, I think he's trying to explain to his fans that the SEC is the only move for them but that depends on the SEC (and Florida) deciding that they're worth it. That's good news for us because the SEC is not likely happening. It's a smart move by Spetman. You tell them that you're always working towards that goal so no one can accuse you of sitting on your hands but that ultimately it isn't in your hands. Hopefully that helps to calm the waters down there.

Yep, I think he's trying to explain to his fans that the SEC is the only move for them but that depends on the SEC (and Florida) deciding that they're worth it. That's good news for us because the SEC is not likely happening. It's a smart move by Spetman. You tell them that you're always working towards that goal so no one can accuse you of sitting on your hands but that ultimately it isn't in your hands. Hopefully that helps to calm the waters down there.
Hopefully FSU fans realize that they are going nowhere unless they win. If they start winning big, the whole ACC improves, as do payouts, that is a part of the lookins. Also, if the ACC gets the network rolling, revenue streams will be much closer.

FSU is ranked higher than Nebraska. Just sayin.

Nebraska also is in B1G country. If the B1G offered FSU right now, they'd already be gone. Their end game is SEC or B1G. Big12 is essentially a lateral move in terms of costs and benefits.

"We want to try to get ourselves in the best possible place," Johnson said. "Ultimately we would like to be in the SEC. That's where we think we belong geographically. We think we deserve to be." - RC Johnson, Memphis AD

"We want to try to get ourselves in the best possible place," Johnson said. "Ultimately we would like to be in the SEC. That's where we think we belong geographically. We think we deserve to be." - RC Johnson, Memphis AD
lol

I'm sure Mike Slive is working hard to get Memphis in the SEC. Besides the total laughability of such an offer, I'm sure that UT and Vandy would just sit back and let it happen.

Nebraska also is in B1G country. If the B1G offered FSU right now, they'd already be gone. Their end game is SEC or B1G. Big12 is essentially a lateral move in terms of costs and benefits.

Really?

The Big12 plays big-boy football. The ACC has been worse than the BE in BCS games.

Really?

The Big12 plays big-boy football. The ACC has been worse than the BE in BCS games.

You mad?

Sent using my Commodore 64

Really?

Agreed, Big 12 football > ACC football as currently constituted.

And it's true teams representing the Big East have done better in those games than teams representing the ACC, but ultimately with conferences going every which way and no one knowing what teams are actually in each league or what league they were from it won't matter in 5 years. And the Big East will be remembered, rightly or wrongly, for its basketball, not its football.

In 5 years time all that will matter from the latter part of the BCS era will be that the SEC has dominated NCs and everyone else were levels below them.

Cheers,
Neil

Really?

images

Really?

If uconn got an invite from the acc you would wet yourself.