OT: Jim Boeheim threatens to punch Jay Williams over basketball opinion | Syracusefan.com

OT: Jim Boeheim threatens to punch Jay Williams over basketball opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

djcon57

Living Legend
Ok, not really...but kind of...

“Some expert says, ‘Well, she hasn’t won a championship.’ If I ever see that guy, I’ll just punch him,” Boeheim told Dakich. “Unless he’s really big. I won’t do it if he’s really big. But, these people, how do they get even get jobs saying stuff like that?

f6bd129e-3948-487f-bd57-86439d398bec_text.gif

Desperately wants to be the next big hot take guy and get paid to do so.
Which is funny because Dakich is the biggest of hot take guys (not in a good way). I'm kinda bummed that Boeheim went on with him, if I'm being honest.

here's my issue. stop mentioning Pete Maravich. they played an entirely different sport. no comparison.
caitlin clark as good ( no great) as she is in the sport of Women's Basketball would not see court time for a men's team. all time Women's scorer fine. great accomplishment. but she wouldn't see the court in the men's game .or if she did she'd be an asterisk. kyle cuffe would score 40 a night easily playing women. so let's call it what it is . all time Women's bball scoring leader. leave pistol pete out of it.

Last edited:
Jay Williams played absolutely awful in Duke’s ncaa tournament flameouts in 2000 and 2002 with some stacked teams (his missed FT ultimately doomed them against Indiana in 02). While Williams did play well in Duke’s 01 championship run, he should know better than judging a player for lack of postseason success in a team sport.

I actually didn’t mind Williams as a player (compared to other Dukies), but he’s an insufferable analyst.

But, Jay Williams thinks he’s the only person in the world that knows how to play defense. He gets old really fast. He’s a tool!

here's my issue. stop mentioning Pete Maravich. they played an entirely different sport. no comparison.
caitlin clark as good ( no great) as she is in the sport of Women's Basketball would not see court time for a men's team. all time Women's scorer fine. great accomplishment. but she wouldn't see the court in the men's game .or if she did she'd be an asterisk. let's call it what it is . all time Women's bball scoring leader. leave pete out of it.
So just so I can get this right: Caitlyn, who is playing superior to every other player of her sex, is gate-kept from owning a scoring title currently owned by someone who achieved that goal playing superior to everyone of their sex? No one said Caitlyn is BETTER than Pete, they are rightfully saying she scored more points, thats is a statistical point that cannot be argued.

Last edited:
caitlin clark as good ( no great) as she is in the sport of Women's Basketball would not see court time for a men's team. all time Women's scorer fine. great accomplishment. but she wouldn't see the court in the men's game .or if she did she'd be an asterisk. kyle cuffe would score 40 a night easily playing women. so let's call it what it is . all time Women's bball scoring leader. leave pistol pete out of it.
Silly argument. I don’t think anyone is saying she would put up same numbers playing in the ncaa mens cbb. But in women’s cbb she is absolutely a GREAT player. When considering everything she has meant to womens bball she may be the greatest when all is said and done.

Jay Williams played absolutely awful in Duke’s ncaa tournament flameouts in 2000 and 2002 with some stacked teams (his missed FT ultimately doomed them against Indiana in 02). While Williams did play well in Duke’s 01 championship run, he should know better than judging a player for lack of postseason success in a team sport.

I actually didn’t mind Williams as a player (compared to other Dukies), but he’s an insufferable analyst.

You misspelled a$$hole.

It's pretty dumb. He played without a shot clock and without a three point line.

Things are allowed to stand and fall on their own.

If I were an NBA exec, I'd take her with my last pick in the draft. Talk about being inclusive, let her make the team and hope she pops a three someday.

I assume it's a joke, you'd take her over Judah Mintz?

I agree, but Kyle Cuffe scoring 40? He would average a LOT more than that. Who stops him? At all? I don’t want to put a number on it. Your average men’s league player puts up 40.

“Some expert says, ‘Well, she hasn’t won a championship.’ If I ever see that guy, I’ll just punch him,” Boeheim told Dakich. “Unless he’s really big. I won’t do it if he’s really big. But, these people, how do they get even get jobs saying stuff like that?

I'll ask Gus to speak to Jim

Just ask Jay if he wants to ride bitch on your motorcycle

Does anyone else want to offer a ridiculously irrelevant take?
Do you understand the definition of irrelevant? I don’t think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.