OT: Jim Boeheim threatens to punch Jay Williams over basketball opinion | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Jim Boeheim threatens to punch Jay Williams over basketball opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny because he almost died

Laugh GIF
So he never gets anything right?

Mike Davis before Williams missed that free throw looked like he was about to have a nervous breakdown.

View attachment 238427

Davis is extremely lucky Williams missed that FT. His lack of composure in that situation they would’ve lost by about 30 in OT and he may have never lived it down.

NY Post has now picked up on this.
Is this gonna make headlines for the 24 hour news cycle?
Did Jim know that it was Jay that said this because I remember JB raving about JW when he was at Duke and how good of a kid he was. He got to coach him on the jr national team I believe.

Jimmy likes those speeches where ‘without this player the team wouldn’t have won x number of games’.
Did it famously with McNamara. And with Rakeem Christmas.
Maybe all coaches do it to some degree but JB likes illuminating others on talented players.

Don't make the joke don't make the joke don't make the joke

I love JB's take. I've always hated the weight placed on championships when judging individual greatness in team sports. It's such a lazy cop out metric.
That Ted Williams guy really sucked. One World Series, no championships, batted .200, no extra-base hits.

Jimmy going to form an alliance against Jay Williams, with his old friend and our old friend Doug Gottlieb.

here's my issue. stop mentioning Pete Maravich. they played an entirely different sport. no comparison.
caitlin clark as good ( no great) as she is in the sport of Women's Basketball would not see court time for a men's team. all time Women's scorer fine. great accomplishment. but she wouldn't see the court in the men's game .or if she did she'd be an asterisk. kyle cuffe would score 40 a night easily playing women. so let's call it what it is . all time Women's bball scoring leader. leave pistol pete out of it.
Pete Maravich played before the 3 point line - what's her total if you make every 3pt a 2?

You know it’s March when Jim Boeheim is in headlines for something he said that is usually right, but debatably excessive. It’s the extra juice that makes March the best time of the year, but this one gets added to the list of the gmac press conference and the Greensboro comment in 2017.

as i've said above. both great. my point is that the game of men's basketball and women's basketball (or lax for that matter) is so fundamentally different that it's like comparing bowling with archery. being a great bowler doesn't make you a great archer. let's celebrate both records . but don't put them in the same sentence for comparative measure . it's a totally different game. congrats caitlyn . you are the all-time Women's NCAA basketball scorer. but don't say you passed pistol pete's record . silly to even discuss it.

Last edited:
I love JB's take. I've always hated the weight placed on championships when judging individual greatness in team sports. It's such a lazy cop out metric.
Yeah, Larry Bird didn't win a college championship.

What's his total if he played against black people in the SEC in 1970? 1970!!!!

Anyways, This argument is so dumb. Both are legendary players.
players.
You're totally missing my point and that's ok. but the SEC had black players as when maravich played. That being said, not many.

As a trial lawyer I can only hope so
As a trial lawyer myself I would hope you do. Perhaps it’s just a sloppy use of the term.

As a trial lawyer myself I would hope you do. Perhaps it’s just a sloppy use of the term.
Let's debate this sounds really fun for all!

Let's debate this sounds really fun for all!
OK. My post was a response to a statement that Cuffe would average 40 in the woman’s game. I pointed out the absurdity of it. I agreed with the overall point. To that point, which was admittedly collateral, it was clearly relevant. I believe that I agreed with the overall point of the post. The whole thread basically revolves around a contrast between the men’s and women’s game. Everyone agrees on the contrast, many dispute the degree to which the contrast should play into Clark’s recognition. In drawing the contrast, I simply pointed out that it was ridiculous to suggest that a men’s college basketball player would only average 40. It is. Cuffe would score at will. My question. Just is my point irrelevant to?

OK. My post was a response to a statement that Cuffe would average 40 in the woman’s game. I pointed out the absurdity of it. I agreed with the overall point. To that point, which was admittedly collateral, it was clearly relevant. I believe that I agreed with the overall point of the post. The whole thread basically revolves around a contrast between the men’s and women’s game. Everyone agrees on the contrast, many dispute the degree to which the contrast should play into Clark’s recognition. In drawing the contrast, I simply pointed out that it was ridiculous to suggest that a men’s college basketball player would only average 40. It is. Cuffe would score at will. My question. Just is my point irrelevant to?

"many dispute the degree to which the contrast should play into Clark’s recognition."

Here's a relevant point for you - anyone who thinks Clark or any female athlete deserves less recognition bc they are not as good as their male counterparts is an idiot.

Yeah,and he even threw away a couple of seasons just so he could fly jet planes overseas.
Yes, he essentially threw away five seasons. Very selfish of him to abandon his teammates like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.