OT-Marquette's Vander Blue entering NBA draft | Syracusefan.com

OT-Marquette's Vander Blue entering NBA draft

Alsacs

Living Legend
Jeff Goodman@GoodmanCBS
Vander Blue is headed to the NBA, Buzz Williams told CBSSports
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...2083950/marquettes-vander-blue-heading-to-nba
I thought besides Gardner this was the kid that held that team together. Buzz Williams will find a replacement, but this is a tough loss for Marquette. With today being the NCAA's stupid deadline I think we will hear about C.J. Fair's decision today, and I hope the kid comes back gets his degree and unless he thinks he can go in the 1st round come back and be the BMOC for his Senior year. However, if he goes I won't blame him.

I just read that and surprised he left. Not sure if he'll make it in the NBA.

He was really highkly ranked kid who decomitted late and went to Marq if I rexall. Struggled as a freshman but he played well this year and really come on late. I don't see him getting drafted very highly but if he comes back and his shot doesn't improve a lot he isn't doing himself any faovors as far as the NBA anyway.

I'm beginning to think that a lot of these guys just want to toss the dice instead of staying in school. My guess is many of them really don't like college and would prefer to play BB for a little money somewhere even if they don't get drafted or stick in the NBA.

Blue's projected as the 72nd pick...

...after his senior season.

I don't think he gets drafted. Poor kid, must be something deeper motivating this move in his life. Best of luck.

I'm beginning to think that a lot of these guys just want to toss the dice instead of staying in school. My guess is many of them really don't like college and would prefer to play BB for a little money somewhere even if they don't get drafted or stick in the NBA.
Some, like our Fab, may not have the academic option of returning to school for the next semester. Making themselves eligible for the NBA Draft is really their best option

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

he is not very good at basketball...compared to those who play for pay

Ya I think Im starting to agree with that. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the kids just don't want to be in college any more. They are done dealing with the school work or teachers or maybe even just campus lifestyle. They would prefer to make 6 figure salary in the D league/Europe then continue school.

Ya I think Im starting to agree with that. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the kids just don't want to be in college any more. They are done dealing with the school work or teachers or maybe even just campus lifestyle. They would prefer to make 6 figure salary in the D league/Europe then continue school.
Then they are fools and deserve whatever comes their way. Sick of campus lifestyle? I always said give me $30,000 a year living in a small college town and I could live happy the rest of my life.

Jeff Goodman@GoodmanCBS
Vander Blue is headed to the NBA, Buzz Williams told CBSSports
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...2083950/marquettes-vander-blue-heading-to-nba
I thought besides Gardner this was the kid that held that team together. Buzz Williams will find a replacement, but this is a tough loss for Marquette. With today being the NCAA's stupid deadline I think we will hear about C.J. Fair's decision today, and I hope the kid comes back gets his degree and unless he thinks he can go in the 1st round come back and be the BMOC for his Senior year. However, if he goes I won't blame him.
I guess I am an outlier here. Thought Blue was one of the best players in the Big East. Tremendous athlete with a lot of upside. Took over games often this past year. I think he is going to make the NBA and be a good player there.

I guess I am an outlier here. Thought Blue was one of the best players in the Big East. Tremendous athlete with a lot of upside. Took over games often this past year. I think he is going to make the NBA and be a good player there.

I'm with you. I think he will be a decent 2G in the NBA. I think he could be more successful than Shabazz in fact. He was dominating in the Tournament until our game.

He's very small. He's going to have to add like 10-20 pounds of muscle and greatly extend his range to be successful. He just got over 30% 3PT shooting this year which isn't going to cut it in the NBA.

He's very small. He's going to have to add like 10-20 pounds of muscle and greatly extend his range to be successful. He just got over 30% 3PT shooting this year which isn't going to cut it in the NBA.
Not sure I follow you. CBS lists him at 6'4 200 pounds. Sure looked legit to me. He used his size well to get into the paint and get scores/draw fouls down low.

I agree his shooting needs to improve but even where he is today, I think he can get a job in the NBA as a backup. If his shooting gets better, he could be very good.

Not sure I follow you. CBS lists him at 6'4 200 pounds. Sure looked legit to me. He used his size well to get into the paint and get scores/draw fouls down low.

I agree his shooting needs to improve but even where he is today, I think he can get a job in the NBA as a backup. If his shooting gets better, he could be very good.

200 pounds attacking from the perimeter is not enough mass to get you through to the rim in the NBA with his skill level. Dion is 215 and it's distributed in a way to make him a pit bull. For Blue, barring a sudden improvement in his long range shooting, I'm not sure how he is going to be an effective scorer in the NBA. He's an inefficient scorer on the college level where his size isn't as big of a deal.

And, his strength as a perimeter defender is going to be compromised by his frame at 200 pounds.

Listen, I think he is a good basketball player, but I don't see how he translates unless he turns into a defensive DH a la Avery Bradley (which he could). But I don't know if that level of commitment to being THAT guy is there.

200 pounds attacking from the perimeter is not enough mass to get you through to the rim in the NBA with his skill level. Dion is 215 and it's distributed in a way to make him a pit bull. For Blue, barring a sudden improvement in his long range shooting, I'm not sure how he is going to be an effective scorer in the NBA. He's an inefficient scorer on the college level where his size isn't as big of a deal.

And, his strength as a perimeter defender is going to be compromised by his frame at 200 pounds.

Listen, I think he is a good basketball player, but I don't see how he translates unless he turns into a defensive DH a la Avery Bradley (which he could). But I don't know if that level of commitment to being THAT guy is there.
I don't know if he is going to be a force in the NBA or not...way too many players have failed that I thought would be successful and vice versa. I think so much depends on the situation a given player finds himself in.

But I maintain he was one of the best one on one players in college basketball this year and is one of the 3 or 4 best athletes in this class. IMHO, he is a tremendous talent.

Let's agree to disagree. Feel free to bring this thread back in 2 or 3 years if Blue turns out to be a washout. I will be happy to give you props for your acumen.

I follow the NBA so poorly that unless he ends up on the Knicks, it is unlikely I will know what happened to him, good or bad, down the road from here.