OT: Matt Falcon | Syracusefan.com

OT: Matt Falcon

jekelish

Living Legend
This has nothing to do with anything going on at Syracuse. I just found it kind of astounding.

4-star RB recruit Matt Falcon, who was pledged to Michigan...has just flipped to Western Michigan!?

What in the hell is going on there? I just needed to share this with someone because I can't wrap my brain around it. WMU just stole a 4-star recruit from Michigan. Holy cow.

ghostbust219a.gif

Didn't seem as he had much option:
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...t-falcon-reopens-recruiting-process/75900116/

Falcon, a four-star running back at Southfield, suffered a torn ACL injury to his left knee the week before his senior season. He had surgery in September and is rehabbing the injury.

Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh honored Falcon's scholarship, but told him he would never play football for the Wolverines. Falcon missed the last half of his junior season due to a knee injury as well.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...t-falcon-reopens-recruiting-process/75900116/

Falcon, a four-star running back at Southfield, suffered a torn ACL injury to his left knee the week before his senior season. He had surgery in September and is rehabbing the injury.

Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh honored Falcon's scholarship, but told him he would never play football for the Wolverines. Falcon missed the last half of his junior season due to a knee injury as well.
Oof, never saw that. If Harbaugh really said that to him though...yikes. That's not a good look.

Fleck is a great recruiter no matter the circumstance here. Make him our next coach and I won't complain

jekelish said:
This has nothing to do with anything going on at Syracuse. I just found it kind of astounding. 4-star RB recruit Matt Falcon, who was pledged to Michigan...has just flipped to Western Michigan!? What in the hell is going on there? I just needed to share this with someone because I can't wrap my brain around it. WMU just stole a 4-star recruit from Michigan. Holy cow.

I said in the other thread that Fleck can recruit. One of the main reason he's at the top of my wish list

What's the point of honoring the scholarship then?

They would simply move him to the disqualified athlete pool. He'd get a scholarship, but it wouldn't count against the 85 football scholarships.

anomander said:
I said in the other thread that Fleck can recruit. One of the main reason he's at the top of my wish list

But I'm not sure anyone is complaining about recruiting with the current staff, shouldn't coaching be the important thing...?

I wish your name was Matt Falcon, too.

No, "Brick Falcon." Or maybe "Crush Falcon" or "Steel Falcon." You choose.

"Groinpunch Falcon" maybe?

How about "Blue Falcon", and we could get him a big, stupid dog with a cape? :D

Ottoble said:
But I'm not sure anyone is complaining about recruiting with the current staff, shouldn't coaching be the important thing...?

Well he can obviously coach as well. Look at what he did with WMU. Plus he runs a big time offense.

And as far as recruiting goes, imo Shafers recruiting prowess is greatly exaggerated. I think Fleck would do much better then this current staff. Fleck is basically bringing in similar rated classes as us while he's at WMU.

To get him to do exactly what he's doing: not come to Michigan.

Harbaugh is an ass. Everyone knows this.

To get him to do exactly what he's doing: not come to Michigan.

Harbaugh is an ass. Everyone knows this.

That's when you call his bluff. Oh well, I'm probably not going to the NFL anyway, but I feel like getting a free Michigan education, so I will.

That's when you call his bluff. Oh well, I'm probably not going to the NFL anyway, but I feel like getting a free Michigan education, so I will.

Right, but as Moontan said, Michigan would just medically disqualify him so he doesn't count against the 85...aka The Saban Special

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom