OT: Met Keyshawn Johnson tonight... | Syracusefan.com

OT: Met Keyshawn Johnson tonight...

Pearl309

Hall of Fame
ok so I am at a Southern California restaurant/bar watching cavs-GS game. Keyshawn Johnson is sitting next to me, many... MANY drinks in. We get to talking. I jokingly told him I had Marvin Harrison higher than him on my '96 draft board. He laughed and said him and Marvin are close. I then ask him, no joke, "so did he kill that guy in Philly?" And he goes "absofu<kinlutely he killed him. I know it." Surreal. Also said his son is going to Nebraska and he talks to OJ weekly.
Referred to Terrell Owens as a "buffoon"

Last edited:
ok so I am at a Southern California restaurant/bar watching cavs-GS game. Keyshawn Johnson is sitting next to me, many... MANY drinks in. We get to talking. I jokingly told him I had Marvin Harrison higher than him on my '96 draft board. He laughed and said him and Marvin are close. I then ask him, no joke, "so did he kill that guy in Philly?" And he goes "absofu<kinlutely he killed him. I know it." Surreal. Also said his son is going to Nebraska and he talks to OJ weekly.

He seems like a good guy, did he say whether Oj confessed to the murders?

He seems like a good guy, did he say whether Oj confessed to the murders?
I asked him about OJ and if he did it... And he said "all I'm gonna say is I'm working on the first exclusive interview with him..." Whatever that means. Said he is re-signed with ESPN for 4 more years

what part of socal? live in SD

Think he lives in like Calabasas or one of those places if I remember correctly.

I asked him about OJ and if he did it... And he said "all I'm gonna say is I'm working on the first exclusive interview with him..." Whatever that means. Said he is re-signed with ESPN for 4 more years

I guess when and if he gets paroled.

You've got TMZ skills.

I fear for keyshawn's life. Snitches get stitches

ok so I am at a Southern California restaurant/bar watching cavs-GS game. Keyshawn Johnson is sitting next to me, many... MANY drinks in. We get to talking. I jokingly told him I had Marvin Harrison higher than him on my '96 draft board. He laughed and said him and Marvin are close. I then ask him, no joke, "so did he kill that guy in Philly?"
Sorry...but that is a shi* question to ask him if you really asked it. And yeah, he and Marvin must be really close. What an A-hole. Some friend.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what I would have asked Keyshawn in that situation. I probably would congratulated him on becoming much more tolerable compared to Michael Irvin, Ray Rice and Cris Carter.

Sorry...but that is a shi* question to ask him if you really asked it. And yeah, he and Marvin must be really close. What an A-hole. Some friend.
Oh well. Don't think it's a $ H it question within the context of conversation. But to each their own.

I thinks the mistake is posting something like that, not necessarily in asking the question. When you have no idea how valid the answer is, not a good look to write about it in a public forum. it could easily be picked up by some national news feed and then you have a serious issue.

it could easily be picked up by some national news feed and then you have a serious issue.

That seems like a stretch to me. "An anonymous poster on a Syracuse sports message board claims that Keyshawn Johnson told him while heavily intoxicated that Marvin Harrison did in fact commit murder."

That seems like a stretch to me. "An anonymous poster on a Syracuse sports message board claims that Keyshawn Johnson told him while heavily intoxicated that Marvin Harrison did in fact commit murder."
Seriously? Are you quoting from the Bleacher Report article?

Seriously? Are you quoting from the Bleacher Report article?

Not sure if you're serious. I was just making it up at how implausible it sounds.

Syracuse.com sports lead article tomorrow. Bud P.-- you're up!

So he was willing to tell you Marvin committed a murder, but not whether OJ committed double murder? I guess we know the line Keyshawn won't cross is somewhere between a friend committing one murder and a friend committing two murders.

Last edited:
SUFaninNJ said:
So he was willing to tell you Marvn committed a murder, but not wether OJ committed double murder? I guess we know the line Keyshawn won't cross is somewhere between a friend committing one murder and a friend committing two murders.

Haha I don't really care if anyone doesn't believe me. Funny encounter, was validated by the fact he was clearly inebriated. Didn't want to talk OJ because he was allegedly working on some interview. Line not to cross was no one gives a $ h it about Marvin Harrison anymore and OJ is very much in the zeitgeist

Haha I don't really care if anyone doesn't believe me. Funny encounter, was validated by the fact he was clearly inebriated. Didn't want to talk OJ because he was allegedly working on some interview. Line not to cross was no one gives a $ h it about Marvin Harrison anymore and OJ is very much in the zeitgeist
\

At least the HOF voters care enough about Marvin. That's enough for me. I didn't say I didn't believe you, just interesting what he chose to share and what he held back. I guess with Keyshawn it always has been and always will be about the $ and what he can do to promote himself. The fact that he's working on an interview and doesn't want to be scooped by a drunk at a bar (no offense) is funny to me.

8/10 would read again.

\

At least the HOF voters care enough about Marvin. That's enough for me. I didn't say I didn't believe you, just interesting what he chose to share and what he held back. I guess with Keyshawn it always has been and always will be about the $ and what he can do to promote himself. The fact that he's working on an interview and doesn't want to be scooped by a drunk at a bar (no offense) is funny to me.

All good but to clarify, he was the drunk, not me.