OT: New Brown's coach? | Syracusefan.com

OT: New Brown's coach?

longtimefan

Hall of Fame
Rumor that Bills' DC Pettine may be the man.

Where does FHCDM go for a replacement?

My son heard a rumor that DM is coming after HCSS. I'm fairly confident that it's bs but makes me nervous nonetheless.

My son heard a rumor that DM is coming after HCSS. I'm fairly confident that it's bs but makes me nervous nonetheless.
I hope he does. And that it goes public. And Shafer shuts it down.

I hope he does. And that it goes public. And Shafer shuts it down.
Heck no!

Any rumors of the like will only cause doubt on the part of some recruits. The program can't afford that.

Thanks for pulling the scab off a wound. Rob Chudzinski should never have been fired by the Browns. :( Me = Browns fan

As for the Buffalo DC. What is Paul Pasqualoni doing? :D

Pettine, Quinn or Schiano!
It's looking more like Pettine or Koetter. Schiano is most likely out, per multiple reports. I would love to see Quinn, but I just don't have confidence that: 1) the Browns front office is competent enough to hire him; and 2) someone of his pedigree agreeing to coach the Browns.

Unfortunately (as I'm a Browns fan), they are unlikely to get a high-profile candidate due to their blunders since Haslam took over. Lombardi was a horrible hire, imo, and firing Chud after one season, even though they never should have hired him, just makes them look like they are clueless. Btw, everyone and their brother thought it was stupid to hire a HC before the GM last year.

It's looking more like Pettine or Koetter. Schiano is most likely out, per multiple reports. I would love to see Quinn, but I just don't have confidence that: 1) the Browns front office is competent enough to hire him; and 2) someone of his pedigree agreeing to coach the Browns.

Unfortunately (as I'm a Browns fan), they are unlikely to get a high-profile candidate due to their blunders since Haslam took over. Lombardi was a horrible hire, imo, and firing Chud after one season, even though they never should have hired him, just makes them look like they are clueless. Btw, everyone and their brother thought it was stupid to hire a HC before the GM last year.
Unfortunately they are living up to the 'Mistake by the Lake' moniker the last couple years. Well Syracuse seems to have rebounded from the GRob years, stay positive our Browns can too! ;)

RMH44 said:

I saw where someone tweeted Missy Shafer asking if Coach would go to the Bills and she said :

ForumRunner_20140123_052046.png

Pettine is a great DC, however as a Bills fan, it is what it is. As long as we bring in a DC with an attacking style, I think the defense will continue to grow.

Only the Bills could not make the playoffs and lose their top coordinator to a HC job after his first season lol.

Nobody is leaving a HC job in the ACC to be a coordinator in the NFL.

It makes zero sense. It would never happen.

Agreed. Makes me glad to be in an AQ conference in today's college football environment. UAB's head coach just left to become the OC at Louisville. Can you imagine how s#itty your program is if your HC leaves to become a coordinator? I know in a lot of cases NFL coordinator job > College HC job, but I don't think the Bills DC gig is better than SU HC, to Shafer.

Pettine is a great DC, however as a Bills fan, it is what it is. As long as we bring in a DC with an attacking style, I think the defense will continue to grow.

Only the Bills could not make the playoffs and lose their top coordinator to a HC job after his first season lol.

Pettine did a very nice job with the D last year with the exception of the run D, but if the Bills can pick up another LB in the draft to compliment the ones they have, they could make big strides in that area next year.

View attachment 6952[/quote]

I agree. If ever there was a guy who was built to coach college football, it is Scott Shafer. I am sure he would be a good coach in the NFL but he is all about molding kids into man, teaching values, sis-boom-bah, etc.

Pettine did a very nice job with the D last year with the exception of the run D, but if the Bills can pick up another LB in the draft to compliment the ones they have, they could make big strides in that area next year.
They have 4 pro-bowlers on the defensive side in Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, Marcel Dareus, and (hopefully re-signed) Jairus Byrd. Not to mention 3 solid players in Jerry Hughes, Leodis McKelvin and Manny Lawson. Add in the young guys Kiko Alonso, Stephon Gilmore and Nickel Robey.

Agreed, if they can pick up a stud LB in the first, second or third round this defense is going to be scary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom