OT: Now This Is A Schedule | Syracusefan.com

OT: Now This Is A Schedule

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Here is the 2013 lineup for Arizona State

Congrats to them for scheduling this...of course they'll lose about 4 games.
  • 9/7 - Sacramento State
  • 9/14 - Wisconsin
  • 9/21 - at Stanford
  • 9/28 - USC
  • 10/5 - vs. Notre Dame at Cowboys Stadium
  • 10/12 - Colorado
  • 10/19 - Washington
  • 10/31 - at Washington State (Thursday)
  • 11/9 - at Utah
  • 11/16 - Oregon State
  • 11/23 - at UCLA
  • 11/30 - Arizona

Their fans will be thanking them all the way to the New Mexico Bowl, or the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl if they are lucky.:)

you mean win 4 games?

great schedule for fans.

Well, 9 of the games are conference games so they didn't have a choice, and the opener is a layup.

Hosting a Wisconsin team that just came off a mediocre season and will have a new coach, is winnable.

Then there's ND. Curious to see if anything happens with Brian Kelly and the NFL. Wondering if they can build on this year's run after that thud ending.

That's crazy. It will depend on how good the PAC is but in this day and age of just looking at wins as the criteria of how good you are this makes it very difficult for ASU. I really don't think people realize how hard it is to bring it each week and face quality opponents each and every week. There is a reason why Bama plays 3 high school teams OOC each year, they get it.

not much more impressive than our schedule was this year in my opinion...they will beat USC without barkley..

That's crazy. It will depend on how good the PAC is but in this day and age of just looking at wins as the criteria of how good you are this makes it very difficult for ASU. I really don't think people realize how hard it is to bring it each week and face quality opponents each and every week. There is a reason why Bama plays 3 high school teams OOC each year, they get it.

The SEC gets it...they selectively rig the conference schedules too avoid losses for the select 3-4 schools each year...also, let their teams play a 1AA/dreg 1A at home the week before a big OOC rival in Sept as well as Oct or Nov, and can count on 90-103% attendance at all their games regardless of opponent.

Their fans have mastered the ability to: work around weddings, Pop Warner, Soccer games, park more than 2 blocks from the stadium without complaint, arrive hours or even days before the game to tailgate, rake leaves on Sunday and their students to arrive early and stay late. Have I covered it all?

Almost all except for killing million year old trees on your rivals property.

Avoiding trap games is huge and getting a breather now and then is great for resting starters and getting subs some playing time. I know it'll never happen here because if we're not playing the Packers, Giants and Patriots... it's a weak home schedule. It's a paradox I tell ya, a darn paradox.

The SEC gets it...they selectively rig the conference schedules too avoid losses for the select 3-4 schools each year...also, let their teams play a 1AA/dreg 1A at home the week before a big OOC rival in Sept as well as Oct or Nov, and can count on 90-103% attendance at all their games regardless of opponent.

Their fans have mastered the ability to: work around weddings, Pop Warner, Soccer games, park more than 2 blocks from the stadium without complaint, arrive hours or even days before the game to tailgate, rake leaves on Sunday and their students to arrive early and stay late. Have I covered it all?

only one thing...people in SEC country dont let their kids do anything other than watch SEC football, they dont rake their leaves they burn their whole lawn, they don't have a life outside of football...they are pathetic people.

As an ASU alumnus, I'm pretty excited about this schedule. I haven't been a big fan of their program since I knew many of their players and got a firsthand glimpse of the program's inner workings, but my contempt is fading with time. Would love to see an Orange - Sun Devils tilt in the near future. Plus- it would give me one more excuse to hit the skies for Tempe...

• 9/7 - Sacramento State
  • 9/14 - Wisconsin
  • 9/21 - at Stanford
  • 9/28 - USC
  • 10/12 - Colorado
  • 10/19 - Washington
  • 11/9 - at Utah
  • 11/16 - Oregon State
  • 11/23 - at UCLA
  • 11/30 - Arizona

THEY PLAY A NEUTRAL GAME AND A THURSDAY NIGHT GAME?

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE FANS?

• 9/7 - Sacramento State
  • 9/14 - Wisconsin
  • 9/21 - at Stanford
  • 9/28 - USC
  • 10/12 - Colorado
  • 10/19 - Washington
  • 11/9 - at Utah
  • 11/16 - Oregon State
  • 11/23 - at UCLA
  • 11/30 - Arizona

As someone who goes to many ASU games, this is not of the norm. Usually cupcake city.

You mean, other than the cheating?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom