OT: Ol' ball coach retiring | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Ol' ball coach retiring

Beamer needs to be next. Good lord I heard him speak during half-time this past weekend and it reminded my the old guy at the end of the bar who nobody understands...at all.

It's the Head Ball Coach (HBC on his golf cart) not Ole Ball Coach.

Beamer needs to be next. Good lord I heard him speak during half-time this past weekend and it reminded my the old guy at the end of the bar who nobody understands...at all.
Stop picking on old guys

I feel like Boeheim and Spurrier are very similar, in terms of their long-term success and personality.

He announced he is "resigning" and not "retiring". Looks like he is in the market for a better job. Maybe he has been tipped off he has the "in" for a better job that may be opening up real soon.

Not a good year to be firing your coach unless you do it early and have lots of $$$$. There are going to be a lot of FCS and non-P5 coaches getting a big pay raise this year.

Jb has had more success of late.

Spurrier had about same year JB did last year. Rough year for spurrier though but he hasn't been in as much trouble as JB either. Has spurrier ever been on probation? I don't know.

Free article

A leading candidate has emerged for the open South Carolina job.

University of Houston head coach Tom Herman is the clear leading candidate for the vacant Gamecocks job, according to multiple sources.

Herman has been on the radar of South Carolina athletics director Ray Tanner since 2012, his first as offensive coordinator at Ohio State under Urban Meyer.

Herman, in his first year as the head coach of the Cougars, is 8-0 this season and has Houston ranked in the top 25. He's defeated an Atlantic Coast Conference opponent (Louisville, 34-31) and a Southeastern Conference opponent (Vanderbilt, 34-0) this season.

If the job gets past Herman, then Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart, Texas head coach Charlie Strong and Memphis head coach Justin Fuente could enter the mix.

Why do these guys think Strong is going anywhere. He's going to get at least one more year, and he's not going to go anywhere on his own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom