OT - Patreon Billing again for Otto's World... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OT - Patreon Billing again for Otto's World...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so. Patreon probably keeps the money from inactive accounts.

Its easy to cancel patreon. Not sure what youre talking about. The issue is deactivating and then activating without notice. Its not a difficult concept to comprehend.

I wish people would stop complaining about Dean. A lot of people appreciate his content.
Nobody is slamming the content that he provides. I appreciate it too. The issue here is that he told us back in April/May that he was done and we haven’t heard from him or been charged since then... until last month when we all were charged again. And the bigger issue out of that is that he had the capability to message all of his subscribers on Patreon to let us know that he’s upping the price for content - but he didn’t. It just reeks of dishonesty, which is rubbing some folks the wrong way.

Nobody is slamming the content that he provides. I appreciate it too. The issue here is that he told us back in April/May that he was done and we haven’t heard from him or been charged since then... until last month when we all were charged again. And the bigger issue out of that is that he had the capability to message all of his subscribers on Patreon to let us know that he’s upping the price for content - but he didn’t. It just reeks of dishonesty, which is rubbing some folks the wrong way.

This is exactly right. And I know the worry is that Dean is so thin skinned that any criticism of him will make him take his ball and go home again. I do understand that and I have never criticized him one single time on a content basis. But this current criticism is valid.

Pretty amazing some on here cant wrap their heads around this

I haven’t had any of the problems a lot of people on this thread have had since he started producing content again so that’s why I’ve been skeptical. Then again I donated more than a dollar in the first place.

Pretty amazing some on here cant wrap their heads around this
I think the issue is that it was never explained in the first place and the only place it was, was at the end of a podcast that they didn't know about or couldn't access. The communication left a lot to be desired.

I think the issue is that it was never explained in the first place and the only place it was, was at the end of a podcast that they didn't know about or couldn't access. The communication left a lot to be desired.
Agreed. We should have been informed about the price increase and asked if we wanted to up our contribution or cancel. I put that on Patreon. DF doesn't know the name of all his subscribers, Patreon does.

Are we talking about $3? You can cancel on Patreon at anytime so if you weren’t happy about it, you could have cancelled and been out just three dollars. Considering all of the content he’s provided over the years, what are we actually talking about?

Dean is entertaining, provides content you can’t get on the board anymore, and does it for next to nothing. Support him or don’t. But to question his integrity on the board over this is just wrong.

Are we talking about $3? You can cancel on Patreon at anytime so if you weren’t happy about it, you could have cancelled and been out just three dollars. Considering all of the content he’s provided over the years, what are we actually talking about?

Dean is entertaining, provides content you can’t get on the board anymore, and does it for next to nothing. Support him or don’t. But to question his integrity on the board over this is just wrong.
No, YOU'RE wrong. This guy is like the second coming of Dave Jacobs and Shirt World, but on steroids. As cuseattle noted earlier in this thread, these people have families. What's unfolded here is a travesty. We need to balance the scales. I hope ESPN does a long-firm expose on this, using Bob Ley. Maybe To Catch a Predator might take an interest, eventually.

It’s obvious suttree’s post was in jest. But we should have locked this sooner since it’s gotten out of hand. Nothing to do with suttrees post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom