OT: Pitt Striking Out On The Trail | Syracusefan.com

OT: Pitt Striking Out On The Trail

anomander

Living Legend
What a terrible week for Pitt and recruiting. In a 1 week span they missed on 2 consensus top 250 players from their backyard, which they usually clean up on. First they lost Dravon Henry out of feeder school Aliquippa to WVU, and now they lost Montae Nicholoson to Michigan St. Pitt was the heavy favorite for both. If they miss out on Shai McKenzie next their fanbase may go nuts. Not a good sign for Chryst as you never want to see kids you have historically grabbed start to leave. It only shows the path for the future generation.

Personally I would have liked to see Pitt grab these kids. With Pitt as our forced upon natural ACC rival it only helps our program if Pitt is good. I don't like seeing top kids go to the B10 and WVU

I guess I'm ignorant in some ways, but I prefer this. Pitt will never carry the ACC torch, nor will their success or lack thereof hurt the perception of the ACC (assuming they don't totally go into the dumpster.) As our rival, we need to being beating them yearly, like BC. I hope that we become more consistent and dominant then both of them over the next 5-10 years which would help us continue to move up the pecking order in the ACC hierarchy. Quite frankly all of us will be chasing Clemson, FSU, Miami, and to a certain extent VT. I want to be right there at around 4-5 in the conference! Greedy, I know!

jr4750 said:
I guess I'm ignorant in some ways, but I prefer this. Pitt will never carry the ACC torch, nor will their success or lack thereof hurt the perception of the ACC (assuming they don't totally go into the dumpster.) As our rival, we need to being beating them yearly, like BC. I hope that we become more consistent and dominant then both of them over the next 5-10 years which would help us continue to move up the pecking order in the ACC hierarchy. Quite frankly all of us will be chasing Clemson, FSU, Miami, and to a certain extent VT. I want to be right there at around 4-5 in the conference! Greedy, I know!

Their success or lack thereof will directly hurt the perception of the ACC and directly hurt the perception of our strength of schedule. I want everyone to win their OOC. And I want to beat them in conference.

I only wish they were losing their recruits to us.

What a terrible week for Pitt and recruiting. In a 1 week span they missed on 2 consensus top 250 players from their backyard, which they usually clean up on. First they lost Dravon Henry out of feeder school Aliquippa to WVU, and now they lost Montae Nicholoson to Michigan St. Pitt was the heavy favorite for both. If they miss out on Shai McKenzie next their fanbase may go nuts. Not a good sign for Chryst as you never want to see kids you have historically grabbed start to leave. It only shows the path for the future generation.

Personally I would have liked to see Pitt grab these kids. With Pitt as our forced upon natural ACC rival it only helps our program if Pitt is good. I don't like seeing top kids go to the B10 and WVU
They must be winning their fair share of the recruiting battles as well. They currently have 21 verbals including two 4-star OL and a 4-star RB. Pitt will be just fine.

I guess i'd just like to see our rival game we are stuck with actually be an important game. Same goes for BC.

Urban Meyer has gone on the record a few times saying the B10 as a whole needs to recruit better. He wants a strong B10 as a whole. Sure they are playing for national titles, but at least in our case if we are going to be stuck with Pitt as a rival i'd at least want them to be good.

They must be winning their fair share of the recruiting battles as well. They currently have 21 verbals including two 4-star OL and a 4-star RB. Pitt will be just fine.

They have been doing pretty good. I just know a lot was put into these 3 kids since they are from feeder schools around the area. It's the difference between a great class, and a good class.

I think right now they are saying thank you Jesus...

Dave Miller ‏@Miller_Dave 1h1 hour ago
Virginia Tech RB Shai McKenzie suspended after being charged in incident with minors. http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/montgomery_county/tech-running-back-mckenzie-suspended-after-being-charged-in-incident/article_122c98d5-952d-5d0f-af55-3da27498ae41.html#.VPdcIdsw9VR.twitter… via @roanoketimes

They have been doing pretty good. I just know a lot was put into these 3 kids since they are from feeder schools around the area. It's the difference between a great class, and a good class.
We don't play enough tough teams in the league?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom