OT: Pretty funny. Top 10 trashiest places to live in NYS | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Pretty funny. Top 10 trashiest places to live in NYS

Gloversville is the most depressing city I’ve visited in all of NY. So many empty buildings and run-down houses. It’s such a shame as I know it was a thriving city at some point in time
Brought to you by Wall Street & Corporate America.

at one time (90's) Gloversville had the highest per capita murders in NYS.
i remember going to a wedding there and yes...it was murder.

R.8c8d108e6ac49c54671cffeb00db4954.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s the marijuana. After 11pm or so I really don’t know what’s happening or have control what I’m typing.

Side note, I’ve been following the Subaru subreddit after it was suggested to me, you people are as bad as the Jeep folk.
Only thing I know about subaru drivers is that they are pegged to the speed limit, if even going that fast.

Sunday driving grandmas, the whole lot.

Only thing I know about subaru drivers is that they are pegged to the speed limit, if even going that fast.

Sunday driving grandmas, the whole lot.
Easy easy easy, VT is my friend. While I don’t disagree, gotta stand by his side on this one.

Did someone read them to you? :) (Even we Phoenicians made fun of Fulton, the “ity with an uture”, as the sign said.)
Yeah. Me no read good. Did you have to stop riding your tractor to post that? :)

i don't get auburn. i worked in skaneatles for a whole summer maybe 5 years ago and actually preferred staying in auburn at the hilton gardens. you could walk anywhere anytime safely and there were plenty of great restaurants around. i particularly liked balloons right next to the prison wall. i'd go back anytime.

at one time (90's) Gloversville had the highest per capita murders in NYS.
i remember going to a wedding there and yes...it was murder.

Hey, my Gloversville is being sullied again, this time by describing us as the murder capital of NYS. Well ... I can take out the garbage at 2 AM Friday and nor worry about being murdered. I used to jog at midnight on hot summer days, and I'm still around (remind me to tell you about the big great dane with a cow bell on First Avenue that would join me at midnight for a trot). And no Penn State fan (back then) would be waiting to ambush the person jogging in an orange Syracuse outfit, altho we don't have many PSU fans here).

Now, for the 90s murders. It was all because of 1998, when Gloversville had four murders and twin city Johnstown had one. I know about the Johnstown one because the father of one of the convicted murderers, his daughter, was a client of mine (I am a CPA and his business was a glove company - he and his family were well respected locally) and I prepared the daughter's tax return. She was not present at the murder, but was there prior to and also after, drove around with the victims body in the trunk of her car looking for a place to dump him, a former boy friend, and got 20 years to life. Motive: three murderers and one victim, all at the time were of disturbed character, and the victim was causing various problems for the three, altho at the start, the killing was not planned. As for the five murders, all were unrelated, and the one year of occurrence was pure happenstance.

Now for OJ and the glove. When the trial needed information on glove characteristics, they knew who to call. They contacted another client of mine, a Gloversville leather tanner and glove manufacturer, who gave them the answers. Incidentally, I'm sure glad OJ did not decide to come east to run for SU, and instead went to the other great running back school.

i don't get auburn. i worked in skaneatles for a whole summer maybe 5 years ago and actually preferred staying in auburn at the hilton gardens. you could walk anywhere anytime safely and there were plenty of great restaurants around. i particularly liked balloons right next to the prison wall. i'd go back anytime.
To Auburn or their prison? ;) J/k

Fighting at Turning Stone has gotta be the dumbest thing I’ve heard today. There are cameras everywhere in there.
Back in the days of the Lava nightclub I worked night shift at TS and it was a common occurrence to see a squad of extra security running in that direction between 1:30-2:00 AM on the weekends.

Back in the days of the Lava nightclub I worked night shift at TS and it was a common occurrence to see a squad of extra security running in that direction between 1:30-2:00 AM on the weekends.
Didn’t realize it closed. I guess I’m old.

Back in the day you wre either a Sears or Montgomery Ward customer. My gramma lived in Phoenix and would shop at the "Monkey Ward" in Fulton

Fighting at Turning Stone has gotta be the dumbest thing I’ve heard today. There are cameras everywhere in there.
I saved a security guy from being beat up by two guys. I was thanked by one of his buddies running up knee first into my back. The guy I saved said what happened, and I started F’bombing and threatening the Jackie Chan wannabe.

Decades ago, when I was in college, people from NYC and New Jersey often thought that anything north/west of Poughkeepsie was farm land. Tell them you live in Rochester or Syracuse and they couldn't understand why u didn't know so-n-so.

Gloversville with a counter punch.
More about my Gloversville - Baseball:

Across from this museum is a baseball field, built in 1906, one of the oldest in the nation, host to a local team back then, and in its early days visited by major league teams on exhibition including their big league stars. Little league has played there since 1955. The field, Parkhurst Field, has just been renovated, including the construction of a new stadium. Plans are to invite children's baseball from all over the nation, to have it a center for youngsters to play ball in tournaments. I think it and the museum have great potential, and the local people behind the not-for-profit venture mean business. I've added my support.

Being the former glove making center of the world, Gloversville and Johnstown manufactured sporting equipment made of leather, ie footballs, basketballs, baseballs, boxing gloves, etc and baseball gloves, One of the leading baseball glove manufacturers was operated by Allen Kennedy, an SU grad and 1913 basketball player at SU. His company and other locals developed the baseball glove, including patented items. Famous major league stars would visit here to have a manufacturer add a modification to their glove to improve performance, which later would become a standard for all the gloves.

So, out of the past, an old baseball field and baseball gloves long gone, comes a a baseball museum and a children's ball park. Let's hope for their success. Gloversville is trying, folks.

I have to bring back this thread to ask if you know where Joseph O Lampe, SU alum, trustee, and philanthropic donor, was from. The Culinary Hub of the Lally Complex is now named after him. He spent his youth in none other than Gloversville NY USA. His father worked for the Schine organization. Another interesting SU Gloversville connection; pretty good for my small town.