Class of 2016 - OT Sam Heckel (WI) SIGNED LOI | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OT Sam Heckel (WI) SIGNED LOI

Evan Flood just put in a crystal ball for Heckel to SU. This guy is dialed in to Wisconsin high school recruiting so I think the Orange are golden on this one!

Offers from both Harvard and Yale. A future center perhaps?

Is anyone worried that he will get a Wisconsin offer and bail on us?
It is highly doubtful, the UW staff has seen him numerous times including a recent camp and have declined to offer. From what I know the Badgers only plan on taking one more lineman this cycle and have other prospects higher on their board. As a Wisconsin native and fan of both programs I'd love to see a fellow Sconnie represent SU on the football field!

It is highly doubtful, the UW staff has seen him numerous times including a recent camp and have declined to offer. From what I know the Badgers only plan on taking one more lineman this cycle and have other prospects higher on their board. As a Wisconsin native and fan of both programs I'd love to see a fellow Sconnie represent SU on the football field!
Thanks for the insight

Is anyone worried that he will get a Wisconsin offer and bail on us?

In the whole scheme of things we really shouldn't worry about that with any recruit because it's just out of our hands. I mean should we worry about a N.J. recruit if Rutgers offers after us and that goes for any state. The % of kids that flip are a lot less than the kids who stick and if they do flip it just wasn't meant to be.

Not sure its as big a guarantee since wasn't the kid last year a legacy?

Yep. And it wasn't last year, it was 2 years ago. 2014 class. Beau B - can't spell his last name if I tried.

Was really hoping for a commitment today. I'm interested to find out what happened?

Yep. And it wasn't last year, it was 2 years ago. 2014 class. Beau B - can't spell his last name if I tried.
Ben-show-rhymes-with-pretzel?

Beau Benzschawel... I only remember because of all the fishing pictures in that thread.

Seems like Heckel would be the last OL we take in this class. With so many guys deciding soon it made me realize we could suddenly be at 12 commits by Monday afternoon, which means we're 2/3 of the way through our class with big names like Neal, Bryant, Colon, Hawkins, and Irvin still out there. If we do get four commits this weekend (a very strong possibility) expect to see us slow waaaaaaay down for awhile as we wait on those guys.

Seems like Heckel would be the last OL we take in this class. With so many guys deciding soon it made me realize we could suddenly be at 12 commits by Monday afternoon, which means we're 2/3 of the way through our class with big names like Neal, Bryant, Colon, Hawkins, and Irvin still out there. If we do get four commits this weekend (a very strong possibility) expect to see us slow waaaaaaay down for awhile as we wait on those guys.

And come October watch many panic that we haven't seen any commits since July.

And come October watch many panic that we haven't seen any commits since July.
Yep. If we do get 4 commits this weekend, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see another one until whenever Moe Neal and Brad Hawkins are ready to decide (since we know Colon is deciding in November, and Bryant is taking his time as well). I didn't even mention guys like Eric Burrell and Devon Clarke.

Maybe more spots will open up with other departures so that the class can expand, but yeah, I'm definitely seeing why the staff is being picky with some of its committable offers.

Yep. If we do get 4 commits this weekend, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see another one until whenever Moe Neal and Brad Hawkins are ready to decide (since we know Colon is deciding in November, and Bryant is taking his time as well). I didn't even mention guys like Eric Burrell and Devon Clarke.

Maybe more spots will open up with other departures so that the class can expand, but yeah, I'm definitely seeing why the staff is being picky with some of its committable offers.

Who are your four Jek? Just curious. Couple different possibilities I see.

Who are your four Jek? Just curious. Couple different possibilities I see.
Kastenhuber, Heckel, Simon, and the last spot is up in the air for me. Since Riggins is visiting today maybe him, but Dymelle Parker is also out there ready to decide at any time.

Damn this kid looks really good, and sounds like he is very interested in us. Wonder if there is room for him now?
I like this kid, too. Quick on his feet, can lock up the speedier DBs, and can hammer the big boys on the line.

I was having a discussion yesterday about the 10 remaining spots, as it stands right now. Not about who might be committed but rather what positions. This is one answer I got for what would be filled...2 hybrid, 1 QB/WR, 1 OL, 3 DL, 2 LB, 1 DB.

I was having a discussion yesterday about the 10 remaining spots, as it stands right now. Not about who might be committed but rather what positions. This is one answer I got for what would be filled...2 hybrid, 1 QB/WR, 1 OL, 3 DL, 2 LB, 1 DB.
More or less agree with that. If we get two LBs before Simon decides I think we still take him though, as a LB/DE hybrid. And wouldn't be surprised if we take two more DBs, especially since right now they're calling Harper an OLB.

what do you guys define as the 2 hybrids? Is H-back considered a hybrid to you? I also think we take at least 1 more WR maybe 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom