Class of 2020 - OT Savion Washington (OH) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/23/24) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 OT Savion Washington (OH) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/23/24)

1) Looking at Wohlabaugh's tape freshman year at Kentucky...and how he started the season last year..
IF HE DOESN'T START THIS YEAR(2024) means we have a real stud at RTackle taking his place.
2) Why are McCord and Allen walking around with big smiles on their face??:rolleyes:

Already did.

He added three tall, athletic, 300 pounders.
My concerns are with how they got pushed around in the spring game. Usually defense is ahead early.

Colorado RB Dylan Edwards entered the portal last night. We only have 3 scholarship Rbs.

5-7, quick, fast. Scored CU's 1st TD of the season last year. Gonna want snaps. We have high quality in the RB room but not many bodies.

This is not tied to where their positions are on the depth chart. But for argument's sake:

1 LT Washington [Colorado Transfer]
2 LG Miller [Georgia Transfer]
3 C Reed
4 RG Hornsby [Grambling Transfer]
5 RT Weatherspoon [Howard Transfer]

By the way, pairing those two tackles gives us two guys who are an average of 6-7.5 and 325 pounds.

Then, here's a prospective second group -- again, I'm not talking about where they might land on the two-deep, I readily acknowledge that some of those guys might end up as starters:

6 LT E. Cruz
7 LG Bradford
8 C Ilaoa
9 J. Cruz
10 Wohlabaugh

I mean, in year's past, we would have been EXCITED about that group if they were the starters. And I'm listing them [for now] in the second five. And in addition to those guys:

11 G Ellis
12 G / T Petry
13 T Mack
14 G Moeolo

Ellis and Petry have been starters. Mack is up-and-coming, and a poor man's Bergeron physically. Moeolo made a push this spring, played a lot in the spring game, and looks positioned to crack the depth chart.

Now, will all 14 stay? Probably not. But man, we've never had this kind of depth or quality at OL. Ever.
Plus Joe More if he can stay healthy

This is not tied to where their positions are on the depth chart. But for argument's sake:

3 C Reed

By the way, pairing those two tackles gives us two guys who are an average of 6-7.5 and 325 pounds.

Then, here's a prospective second group -- again, I'm not talking about where they might land on the two-deep, I readily acknowledge that some of those guys might end up as starters:

6 LT E. Cruz
7 LG Bradford
8 C Ilaoa
9 J. Cruz
10 Wohlabaugh

I mean, in year's past, we would have been EXCITED about that group if they were the starters. And I'm listing them [for now] in the second five. And in addition to those guys:

11 G Ellis
12 G / T Petry
13 T Mack
14 G Moeolo

Ellis and Petry have been starters. Mack is up-and-coming, and a poor man's Bergeron physically. Moeolo made a push this spring, played a lot in the spring game, and looks positioned to crack the depth chart.

Now, will all 14 stay? Probably not. But man, we've never had this kind of depth or quality at OL. Ever.
Best Oline top to bottom since i was a heck of a lot younger

Yeah the strength is the depth and when one goes down you aren't having to hide the replacements or deal with a HUGE drop off. and hey maybe there are no sure fire future NFL guys, I don't know but there is a P4 O line in there from spots 1-8 or so. That's what you need.
exactly

Now, I think we have to expect that this could lead to some defections. But by my account we have an offensive line that easily goes 12 deep now. This is unprecedented territory. I don't care who wins what position, nor whether they're incumbents or these new players, May the best player win. But offensive line has been such a sticking point for us for many years, and it's very exciting to see this new step pouring in quality prospects lakes of which we've never seen.

I mean, Jesus christ, we could start this kid at left hackle, and big spoon it right tackle. Whenever when have we ever had this kind of size?

I'm not going out on a limb when I suggest that there have been many times over the decades where you can't even pick up that one year old we need, when it's 3rd and short or 4th and short period I don't see that being a problem going forward with an offensive line this massive.
I really think spoon should be a guard.

Colorado RB Dylan Edwards entered the portal last night. We only have 3 scholarship Rbs.

5-7, quick, fast. Scored CU's 1st TD of the season last year. Gonna want snaps. We have high quality in the RB room but not many bodies.
Major = communications... Interesting

Don’t think we have enough carries to offer him. Based on a post by Coach Money, it sounds like we have someone else coming in(and based on what OG3 said at the spring game).
I am really intrigued by this and have been watching for a nugget to drop.

IMG_6259.jpeg

Coach Douglas is 29 years old. If he had a college eligible son, that would be a neat trick. :)

Ah, he coulda married a cougar, who has a college-aged son.

That'd still be a little weird, but at least theoretically possible.

3 C Reed

6 LT E. Cruz
7 LG Bradford
8 C Ilaoa
9 J. Cruz
10 Wohlabaugh

11 G Ellis
12 G / T Petry
13 T Mack
14 G Moeolo

EDIT:
15. G / T More

Ellis and Petry have been starters. More was a guy that many expected to start last year, before he got injured in preseason camp. Mack is up-and-coming, and a poor man's Bergeron physically. Moeolo made a push this spring, played a lot in the spring game, and looks positioned to crack the depth chart.

Now, will all 15 stay? Probably not. But man, we've never had this kind of depth or quality at OL. Ever.

Deepest line we’ve had in my lifetime, I think. But I believe you’ve got Petry too low. He’s been getting solid reviews.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom