OT: Scary news I'd like to share | Syracusefan.com

OT: Scary news I'd like to share

JackBauer44

'18 & / '21 Cali Winner: Receiving & Rushing Yards
Let me start off this post by saying the SyracuseFan board is almost like a second family. For the past couple of years; I've met board members at tailgates, kept in touch with people via phone/text/twitter/private messages, and really gotten to know some quality individuals. As I've gotten to know so many people (mostly from the football side of things) - I wanted to post this on the Football page and Football Recruiting page.

Since moving to North Carolina, I had developed some problems I thought were just to be allergies. Everyone I came in contact with said humidity and pollen in North Carolina can make your allergies go crazy. I was constantly congested, developed sinus infections every couple of months, and really hard a hard time breathing from my nose when working out. I then started having horrible migraines that would completely knock me out for a good amount of time. After being too stubborn to go to the doctors, I finally forced myself to go and was met with some scary news.

Scans have shown I currently have a tumor blocking around 90% of my sinus cavity on my right side. The tumor is far enough up into my sinus/near the brain, to where the doctors believe that is what is causing the migraines. When the word tumor was used, I think my mind went blank for a couple of minutes, but came back around to ask questions and get information. My doctor does not think it's cancerous, as the bone structure is not showing any damage through the scans, but they will have to biopsy the tumor to make sure once it is removed. I am currently in the process of setting up surgery to have it removed - it will most likely be in February at some point.

I went back and forth at making a post like this, but thought this would be easier than sending around PMs to everyone that I communicate with on a regular basis. Things will be just fine - I have faith. After mulling it over all weekend (with the help of some scotch on Saturday night), I'm in much better spirits than I was over the weekend. I suppose there are a lot of people out there who have it worse than I do, so I'm going to be grateful for what I have. I'll keep providing recruiting analysis and hopefully interviews to come as well over at .com, but obviously that will stop as I recover from surgery. If you're a believer, say some words to the main upstairs for me. I'll greatly appreciate it.

As always - LGO.

Wow hang in there Jack. I'll be praying for you.

hang in bud, and those docs who have vast experience you mentioned if they said they don't think it's malignant and rather benign they're right virtually every time. And the sinus surgery to get it out is so much improved in this day and age. You're gonna be good to go my friend. You're friends at Syracusefan are with ya as you get by this thing.

Let me start off this post by saying the SyracuseFan board is almost like a second family. For the past couple of years; I've met board members at tailgates, kept in touch with people via phone/text/twitter/private messages, and really gotten to know some quality individuals. As I've gotten to know so many people (mostly from the football side of things) - I wanted to post this on the Football page and Football Recruiting page.

Since moving to North Carolina, I had developed some problems I thought were just to be allergies. Everyone I came in contact with said humidity and pollen in North Carolina can make your allergies go crazy. I was constantly congested, developed sinus infections every couple of months, and really hard a hard time breathing from my nose when working out. I then started having horrible migraines that would completely knock me out for a good amount of time. After being too stubborn to go to the doctors, I finally forced myself to go and was met with some scary news.

Scans have shown I currently have a tumor blocking around 90% of my sinus cavity on my right side. The tumor is far enough up into my sinus/near the brain, to where the doctors believe that is what is causing the migraines. When the word tumor was used, I think my mind went blank for a couple of minutes, but came back around to ask questions and get information. My doctor does not think it's cancerous, as the bone structure is not showing any damage through the scans, but they will have to biopsy the tumor to make sure once it is removed. I am currently in the process of setting up surgery to have it removed - it will most likely be in February at some point.

I went back and forth at making a post like this, but thought this would be easier than sending around PMs to everyone that I communicate with on a regular basis. Things will be just fine - I have faith. After mulling it over all weekend (with the help of some scotch on Saturday night), I'm in much better spirits than I was over the weekend. I suppose there are a lot of people out there who have it worse than I do, so I'm going to be grateful for what I have. I'll keep providing recruiting analysis and hopefully interviews to come as well over at .com, but obviously that will stop as I recover from surgery. If you're a believer, say some words to the main upstairs for me. I'll greatly appreciate it.

As always - LGO.
Let's hope its just a large booger.
Doctor Removes Booger from Hell from Inside Man's…:
On a serious side. I had some tests, including lung biopseys, a while back, all of which came back relatively benign, so I understand the anxiety for you and your loved ones. Good luck and all of our prayers.

Let's hope its just a large booger.
Doctor Removes Booger from Hell from Inside Man's…:
On a serious side. I had some tests, including lung biopseys, a while back, all of which came back relatively benign, so I understand the anxiety for you and your loved ones. Good luck and all of our prayers.
hey Capt. check my avatar pic, someone is having fun...

As always - LGO.
Best wishes sir. Keep ya head up.

Good luck. At least you live in an area with premier medical facilities.

If I have learned anything it is Jack Bauer can't be stopped and is a tough SOB. So your handle name should give you strength. My prayers are with you and your family. I hope your treatments go well and you have speedy healthy recovery.

We are gonna need team Tex Bauer for the college draft in May. I hope it goes well for you. Keep your spirits up.

Here's a candid photo of JackBauer44 on Saturday:

Kiefer+Sutherland+Drunk.jpg

Constant lurker, but not much of a poster. Your message kind of touched me in that I had similar surgery about 5 years ago. I had at least two to three sinus infections every year that turned into whopper colds/flu and difficult breathing most of the time. My ear and nose surgeon suggested that I had a lot of polyps that need removal. I went to have the surgery and the doctor found that I had a tumor in my right nostril. After a subsequent MIR he highly recommended that it needs to be removed. It was called an inverted papiloma. It appeared that it was the kind of tumor that was not malignant, but could, in the future, turn malignant. I decided to listen, like you, and had it removed. The surgery was done via the open method as opposed to more of a laproscopic procedure. My doctor felt that it would be more succesfull with the open method, although there would probably be a scar. Fortunately he was very good at his craft and you would need a magnifying glass to see the scar. A biopsy of the tumor showed that it was non-malignant as the doctor anticipated.
Bottom line the doctors usually have a good idea of what to expect, and are right most of the time. So have faith, it will be OK.
Our prayers are with you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom