OT: Tailgate preferences | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Tailgate preferences

;)

I thought I was clear that "tailgate preferences" was limited to beer. Your insistence on including hooch may place you in violation of this thread's substance abuse policy.
ill add this to the list.

bees has been reading me the litany of thread substance abuse charges all summer, hes coming up to the point in time where julius hodge declares for nc state and Hak gets a phone call.

That's because it's what they drink inside the stadium because they don't serve alcohol. Lots of little liquor bottles around in those games.
the liquor store next to o'charlies in tennessee was the most efficient enterprise i've ever seen in my life. unless i blacked out between the end of the line and the front of the line, which is a distinct possibility, everyone involved including the customers were incredibly focused and expedient.

Tailgating is quantity > quality.

Coors light, bud light, labatts, hell even keystone.

I also much prefer those beers over the micro brews that taste way too strong.

keystone was our high school go to beer. i have no idea why. keystone tastes like bananas. i have no idea why

time and place for everything. southern tier beer is great but it just doesn't belong at a tailgate. tailgates are inherently redneck, embrace it, go with it people

Fine then give up the Hoffmans for Oscar Meyer, grab some Aldi's burgers, and some Wise chips and you should have an epic tailgate. Nowhere in my tailgate handbook does it say you have to sacrifice quality for quantity. If your preference leans to Keystone then I'm at a loss. There may be no saving you. If you guys really knew what they put in Keystone I swear you'd pour it straight in the pisser.

I prefer to drink the swill out of your empties. I also like the warm leftover beer in the red solo cups

Fine then give up the Hoffmans for Oscar Meyer, grab some Aldi's burgers, and some Wise chips and you should have an epic tailgate. Nowhere in my tailgate handbook does it say you have to sacrifice quality for quantity. If your preference leans to Keystone then I'm at a loss. There may be no saving you. If you guys really knew what they put in Keystone I swear you'd pour it straight in the pisser.
your tailgate handbook was cobbled together from pinterest and oprah

your tailgate handbook was cobbled together from pinterest and oprah

Says the guy who drinks banana flavored beer and thinks Bubba Ray should be in charge of the tailgate. :crazy:

Says the guy who drinks banana flavored beer and thinks Bubba Ray should be in charge of the tailgate. :crazy:
DRANK banana flavored beer

th

Slight tangent but Old Milwaukee was our go-to camping beer in the 80s. Could get a case up north for $5 + coupon for a $2 rebate. Occasionally I buy some for nostalgic reasons though it's really not bad at all.

On the Old Milwaukee can is says "America's Best Tasting Beer" so it's got that going for it too.

Last edited:

If you really knew what they put in hot dogs I swear you'd throw it straight in the pisser.

The purpose of drinking before tailgates for most people is to get as screwed up as possible while not feeling overly full or sick. This is likely more possible via large quantities of light beer. Feel free to jam 15 burgers down your throat though.

I'd go with Labatts. When I'm up in Cuse and getting a round of beers, it's a go to beer that no one bitches about. It's cheap enough to buy in mass quantities for a tailgate but won't slow you down. Although, for Crusty and UticaSteve, I'd have to make sure there's at least a sixer of Utica Club

This will send our hipsters into a rage: I hate PBR, always gave me a headache and thought it sucked in general

I hate hipsters.

A treat is to be back in the 315 with a LaBatts Blue. Then after 20 of em get the light version.

If you really knew what they put in hot dogs I swear you'd throw it straight in the pisser.

The purpose of drinking before tailgates for most people is to get as screwed up as possible while not feeling overly full or sick. This is likely more possible via large quantities of light beer. Feel free to jam 15 burgers down your throat though.

Bud light is 4.2% ABV. In a 12 ounce can that means that you get 0.504 oz of actual alcohol in 1 beer. In one 6 pack you will get 3.024oz of booze.

Saranac Legacy IPA is 6.5%. In a 12 ounce can that equates to 0.78 ounces of actual alcohol in 1 beer. In one 6 pack you will get 4.68oz of booze.

What this mean is that if I drink 4 Legacy IPA's I still get more alcohol than somebody who drinks a 6 pack of Bud light.

BTW, 6.5% isn't very high for a craft beer. Some IPA's like 471 Small Batch come in at 9.2%. A six pack of that will get you to 6.62oz of booze.

Essentially you need to drink over a 12 pack to equal the same buzz as 6 471s. Your claim that you can get as f'ed up as possible via large quantities of light beer isn't true. You can get more f'ed up by drinking half as much craft beer. Oh yeah you will piss 1/2 as much too. By the way, as you can see from these calculations, cheap beer isn't as cheap as you might think since you need twice as many.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom