OT - Tennessee vs Va Tech at Bristol Speedway | Syracusefan.com

OT - Tennessee vs Va Tech at Bristol Speedway

A crowd of up to 150,000 expected at the NASCAR venue. I would love to go just for the Novility.
Yeah, and none of them will actually be able to see the game. I think it is purely novelty, but that's cool.

1aa.png

Lane Stadium inside Bristol:

Last edited:
A crowd of up to 150,000 expected at the NASCAR venue. I would love to go just for the Novility.

Coolest thing ever, I'm excited to watch. Unique events like this are what make college football my favorite sport.

For perspective, it's as if every resident of the City of Syracuse sat in a football stadium.

(And if you're ever wondering what it looks like when 1/5th the population of Syracuse sits in a football stadium, please see the Dome.)

When my son saw a promo about this last weekend he thought they were going to be having a NASCAR race going on while the game was also going on. I laughed and told him no, it's just the football game. And then I thought... but how awesome would it be if there WAS a NASCAR race going on at the same time?!?!

When my son saw a promo about this last weekend he thought they were going to be having a NASCAR race going on while the game was also going on.

Oh children's minds. When I was like 4 my Dad brought me to SU/Army and I was devastated to find out there weren't going to be tanks and helicopters at the game.

Instead of a coin toss, does DW come out and say "Boogety Boogety Boogety, Let's Go Racin' Boys" Popcorn and soda

When my son saw a promo about this last weekend he thought they were going to be having a NASCAR race going on while the game was also going on. I laughed and told him no, it's just the football game. And then I thought... but how awesome would it be if there WAS a NASCAR race going on at the same time?!?!

Please don't tell me your son is 16 or older.

Been to Bristol before for the night race, was completely deaf for the next 5 days.

what a party that will be.. I probably wouldn't even bother going into the game a I am not a fan of either team but go in a heartbeat for the tailgating

I wonder how the crowd split will be. Both about 2 hours away. Both travel really well.

Long overdue that these two bordering schools play each other. Wonder if they'll continue and move it to campuses. Hokie fans are missing out on the incredible scene that is Knoxville on gameday.

I wonder how the crowd split will be. Both about 2 hours away. Both travel really well.

Long overdue that these two bordering schools play each other. Wonder if they'll continue and move it to campuses. Hokie fans are missing out on the incredible scene that is Knoxville on gameday.

I would think it would be a heavy Ut crowd.

almost as awesome as jefferson starship playing we built this city on the churchill downs infield. ALMOST

I would think the tickets were distributed 50/50 to the schools. With how well both schools travel and the novelty of the event I can't see why both wouldn't sell their alottment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom