OT: Things you've always wanted to do | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Things you've always wanted to do

Don't ask me why, but one of my goals in life is to hit every Caribbean island/location. Still a work in progress.
Bahamas (technically not the Caribbean) - Done
US Virgin Is. - Done
British Virgin Is. - Done
Puerto Rico - Done
St. Kitts - Done
Nevis - Done
St. Martin - Done
Aruba - Done
Cayman Is. - Done
Jamaica - Done
Barbados - Done
Cancun - Done
Cozumel - Done
Turks and Caicos Is. - Done

Still on top of list...

Antigua
St. Lucia
Anguilla
St. Barts
Grenada
Grenadine Is.
amongst others

Speaking of cargo planes... a C130 was circling syracuse yesterday at around 4. I thought maybe is was TexanMark preparing to fire on the city.

the concorde is not a cargo plane...

You have to forgive edowd... they dont learn about the different planes until 4th grade
I can't remember any grade where we discussed any differebmnt variation of aircraft. Except maybe the wright brothers first in flight air plane. Im not even sure we discussed the flying fortress which had a huge hand in winning the largest global conflict in history. Mother effer.

Don't ask me why, but one of my goals in life is to hit every Caribbean island/location. Still a work in progress.
Bahamas (technically not the Caribbean) - Done
US Virgin Is. - Done
British Virgin Is. - Done
Puerto Rico - Done
St. Kitts - Done
Nevis - Done
St. Martin - Done
Aruba - Done
Cayman Is. - Done
Jamaica - Done
Barbados - Done
Cancun - Done
Cozumel - Done
Turks and Caicos Is. - Done

Still on top of list...

Antigua
St. Lucia
Anguilla
St. Barts
Grenada
Grenadine Is.
amongst others

I've heard that Dominica is supposed to be the most pristine and undeveloped island in the Caribbean.

images

With another companion

I've always wanted to drive a Tractor Trailer through an old rickety barn. As in, smash through a side wall and then come out the other side, causing the structure to collapse and scattering livestock while doing so.

Seriously.

I think about this at least once or twice a week.

I've always wanted to drive a Tractor Trailer through an old rickety barn. As in, smash through a side wall and then come out the other side, causing the structure to collapse and scattering livestock while doing so.

Seriously.

'BJ and the Bear'-style

Seriously.

Its as good a goal as any other... PETA might get pissed. But if they can't take a joke.

I've been pretty lucky in doing things I've wanted to do, but maybe I haven't aimed high enough.

Go to Galapagos Islands and Israel (done).

Visit all 50 states (will attain that goal next month when I go to Hawaii).

Walk the Great Wall of China (done).

Meet a President and a Pope (done).

Go to a World Series, a Super Bowl, an NCAA Final Four, a college football national championship game, an NBA Final, the Olympics, the Masters, and Wimbledon (done).

Fly the Concorde (done).

Live in a house on the water (done).

Really can't think of anything else ... except for maybe becoming a decent golfer (but it's a bit too late for that).

I've had a pretty happy life.

Addendum (courtesy of PhillyDad who reminded me of two memorable things I wanted to do and did, but didn't include here because they were "one-time" opportunities in the past): Attend Woodstock and participate in Martin Luther King's 1963 march on Washington.

it's shocking to me that you have lived such a rich life, traveled to so many exotic places, but have never been to Hawaii.

Sit court side....just once

Make every game on the football schedule, home and away for one season

Have to add a +1. currently trying to learn how to play the bagpipes, self taught. Im starting with the practice chanter but Im afraid an old hand injury is really inhibiting my ability to play. We'll see

it's shocking to me that you have lived such a rich life, traveled to so many exotic places, but have never been to Hawaii.
I guess it is kind of odd, but I never had a reason to go there... and it seemed a long way to go without a reason. Now I have a reason (the Maui tournament), so I am going next month. I hit all the western US states in annual summer car trips throughout the west, so that is how I got the Dakotas, Idaho, Nebraska, etc (Aside from when I was at Syracuse, I've always lived within 50 miles of Times Square).

I guess it is kind of odd, but I never had a reason to go there... and it seemed a long way to go without a reason. Now I have a reason (the Maui tournament), so I am going next month. I hit all the western US states in annual summer car trips throughout the west, so that is how I got the Dakotas, Idaho, Nebraska, etc (Aside from when I was at Syracuse, I've always lived within 50 miles of Times Square).

What part of Alaska did you visit?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom