OT: This is going to change the game of football forever | Syracusefan.com

OT: This is going to change the game of football forever

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
At all levels, likely reduce participation, etc., but on the bright side hopefully force an even playing field so all schools will do what Syracuse is doing. And hopefully also results in changes to do post game retrospective analysis and evaluation for further punitive actions, like with the CMU, Pitt and maybe even Lville hits on ED. It's going to be the only way to save the sport I think.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-11-11-05-48-24

At all levels, likely reduce participation, etc., but on the bright side hopefully force an even playing field so all schools will do what Syracuse is doing. And hopefully also results in changes to do post game retrospective analysis and evaluation for further punitive actions, like with the CMU, Pitt and maybe even Lville hits on ED. It's going to be the only way to save the sport I think.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-11-11-05-48-24
The sport doesn't need saving. There will always be poor kids who will want to make a quick buck willing to put their lives and health at risk to play football.

The sport doesn't need saving. There will always be poor kids who will want to make a quick buck willing to put their lives and health at risk to play football.
Yeah, I think the doomsday scenarios are overstated. But a movie like this will continue to help make the sport more safe. If it reduces participation, so be it. There are way too many college football teams out there anyway.

Football as we currently know it we will be gone in 25 years, will there still be football yes, but the game will be much much different because of lawsuits, liability, insurance, etc.

So, once this impacts the level of football participation, do the producers of this movie make one demonizing soccer next? On a side note, I noticed a headline yesterday that one of the national soccer organizations will be recommending no heading for youths 10 and under.

Yeah, I think the doomsday scenarios are overstated. But a movie like this will continue to help make the sport more safe. If it reduces participation, so be it. There are way too many college football teams out there anyway.

Hell, we had one college lose their football team two years ago and the national outcry was enormous. Football is too entrenched.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom