OT: Thought we weren't supposed to get this storm | Syracusefan.com

OT: Thought we weren't supposed to get this storm

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
We're getting hammered here in the Cuse already. Dammit. That's all new snow from today...
image.jpg

I think you guys have more than we have in the City.

We're getting hammered here in the Cuse already. Dammit. That's all new snow from today...
View attachment 34862
I loved growing up in Central New York with all my Italian buddies after I got over the shock of landing in Syracuse out of Havana and seeing snow for the first time in my life. On the other hand I don't know how the old folks make it in that climate and I got to admit I don't miss those winters one bit. My wife is always wanting to get snow in Richmond. I've threaten to ship her to Solvay for one winter so that she can get the damn white stuff out of her system.

Cold and no snow up here in northwestern VT. Send it up!

Actually we didn't get the storm, what we got was an Alberta Clipper that swept over NYS and reformed off the east coast wiand created Blizzard apocalypse for New England. Wayne Mahar bitches

Any word of accumulation up on the lake?

Cuseregular sent me this pic from about 10 days ago. Very little snow on the lakeshore up by Sackets Harbor...I assume much more down by Pulaski. As you can see it was still open water out further from the shoreline. Gotta think it is iced over now.
FullSizeRender.jpg
Mike's Cam Jan 15.JPG

Last edited:
Cuseregular sent me this pic from about 10 days ago. Very little snow on the lakeshore up by Sackets Harbor...I assume much more down by Pulaski. As you can see it was still open water out further from the shoreline. Gotta think it is iced over now.View attachment 34867
We went up on Sunday. The ice has formed really neat looking volcano-like mounds complete with blow holes. Our shore has ice at least 100 feet off the beach.

I loved growing up in Central New York with all my Italian buddies after I got over the shock of landing in Syracuse out of Havana and seeing snow for the first time in my life. On the other hand I don't know how the old folks make it in that climate and I got to admit I don't miss those winters one bit. My wife is always wanting to get snow in Richmond. I've threaten to ship her to Solvay for one winter so that she can get the damn white stuff out of her system.
Make her live with the real deal. Send her to Oswego County.

Last edited:
High of 73 here in North Texas.

But if it makes you all feel any better, my mom sent me pictures from my brother's house outside of Boston. They're not gonna be going anywhere for awhile.

We got a whole...inch, maybe inch and a half of accumulation outside D.C. from the "Blizzard"! lol
I'm on the Virginia side of D.C. though, maybe the Maryland (Northern) side got more? :noidea:

What's the problem? We're like 40 inches below average for this time of year. Certainly not gripe-worthy.
big picture you're right,no doubt. Here's what happened....

Of an extended family of 75 or so from NYC/LI we're the only ones who moved elsewhere. For nearly 40 years they've busted our chops re "snowy Syracuse". This storm was originally supposed to miss us up here. With that in mind I jumped the gun with text, emails, etc. busting their chops for all the anticipated snowfall...

We ended up getting hit a bit, I think they've skated it vs. what was anticipated it. They win again! Daggammit...Thus the post...:(:mad:

Any word of accumulation up on the lake?
last weekend after the big storm up there there was still grass showing on all places o the lake. A few miles in though it really piled up and you can tell they were hit. It's just like the neighbors told me, if it's lake effect especially with wind it skips over the lakeside joints more often than not. Regular storms not so much.

What are u talkin about Willis? I cleaned my car off 1 time. Maybe Liverpool didn't get it as bad. I dunno

Sunny and 77 Tuesday and Wednesday here in San Antonio...might have to turn my AC on.

About the same here in the Houston metro. Only thing bad about it was that I had to work and golf was not an option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom