OT - Tough News To Report | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT - Tough News To Report

Hey guys...I have some difficult news to report. My younger daughter Rachel has been diagnosed with cancer. Some of you know her as she's been to several football games and tailgates. She's a William & Mary grad and received her masters from the University of Chicago. She and I got to sit courtside in CTO seats a number of years ago, a superb day and still appreciated. She's having surgery on Tuesday, then likely will have radiation & chemotherapy. Tough times...
Your second family is behind you and your daughter 100%, Prayers are headed your way.

God bless you both!

Hey guys...I have some difficult news to report. My younger daughter Rachel has been diagnosed with cancer. Some of you know her as she's been to several football games and tailgates. She's a William & Mary grad and received her masters from the University of Chicago. She and I got to sit courtside in CTO seats a number of years ago, a superb day and still appreciated. She's having surgery on Tuesday, then likely will have radiation & chemotherapy. Tough times...
Don, deeply sorry for your daughter, you and your family to have to go through this. I'll be sending every ounce of positive energy to her for a quick and successful recovery.

Shenexon, My thoughts are with Rachel, you, and your family. Stay POSITIVE, fight hard, and know that your extended family here at SyracuseFan care and are thinking of you.

You, Rachel and all your family will be in our prayers and we will be keeping Rachel close in our thoughts on Tuesday.

Medicine has come so far in the last decade. Your daughter is young and strong, I’m sure she will stay tough and beat cancer back. Your daughter, and yourself, are in our thoughts and prayers.

Praying right now

Just to refresh your memory if you've met her, here's a pic of Rachel, and myself, on the way to the SU football game in Charlottesville in 2015. Great tailgate and fun day...

12088354_10205503825058382_9006445469081408687_n.jpg

My wife and I are with you and yours in spirit. My daughter was also diagnosed with cancer a few months before receiving her PhD from Notre Dame. The good news is she has now been cancer-free for more than five years and is going into her second year as a tenure-track professor. Keep positive and fight this thing aggressively. Prayers to your daughter.

Shenexon -- I can't even imagine how difficult this must be. I literally cannot think of anything worse than having something like this impact your child.

Keeping your daughter in my thoughts and prayers, Don.

Cancer sucks.

Shenexon -- I can't even imagine how difficult this must be. I literally cannot think of anything worse than having something like this impact your child.

Keeping your daughter in my thoughts and prayers, Don.

Cancer sucks.
Yeah, I don't really have a grip as yet. Friggin surreal. However, in the last month I've painted the inside of the house, weedwhacked 3 acres around it (too rocky and steep for a mower), and replaced the timing belt, water pump, drive belts, valve cover gaskets, plugs, wires, distributor, and rotor in my truck. I've really been needing distraction...

Yeah, I don't really have a grip as yet. Friggin surreal. However, in the last month I've painted the inside of the house, weedwhacked 3 acres around it (too rocky and steep for a mower), and replaced the timing belt, water pump, drive belts, valve cover gaskets, plugs, wires, distributor, and rotor in my truck. I've really been needing distraction...
Yeah, this is a good thing for you and a healthy stress relief. People need to feel like they're accomplishing something when they encounter challenges like these that they can't control. Checking a box that a job is done can be really good for keeping the mind sharp.

I'll be thinking of you two. I have probably met you at a tailgate or two. I had a sick child years ago and the prayers and good wishes of a lot of people surely helped. In my own case, SBRT (Short Beam Radiation Therapy) did the trick. Best wishes