OT: Villanova Football Coach | Syracusefan.com

OT: Villanova Football Coach

LeMoyneCuse

All American
Villanova is coached by Mark Ferrante, who is from Syracuse. He went to Henninger in the late 70s and SLU in the early 80s. Anyone know him growing up?

He was on my Junior high and JV high school basketball teams with me. Also played Little League with him in Eastwood. Whole family was athletic oriented Good guy.
He played football every year. Not me. 6’4” 160. I think he was the quarterback for Henninger with Mr. Acie as the coach.1978-79.

Villanova is coached by Mark Ferrante, who is from Syracuse. He went to Henninger in the late 70s and SLU in the early 80s. Anyone know him growing up?
Calling Tomcat! This is about your era at Henniger I believe.

Calling Tomcat! This is about your era at Henniger I believe.
I believe he was the starting QB at Henninger after Bob Campese graduated. Yes, good player. Smart, could run and throw. Was one of the player players in the section while at Henninger. Believe he also starred in baseball and was very well liked.

Not a surprise he has been successful after HS football. Why do you ask? Are you thinking he might be a good OC candidate?

Not a surprise he has been successful after HS football. Why do you ask? Are you thinking he might be a good OC candidate?
I was just curious. I was watching Villanova's playoff game, and Doug Sherman mentioned Ferrante went to Henninger. I knew he was from Syracuse, but didn't know where.

And he's not someone who should be considered for the OC job. Got promoted from O-Line coach to HC like 5 years ago and has never been a coordinator. Definitely more of a CEO type.

I was just curious. I was watching Villanova's playoff game, and Doug Sherman mentioned Ferrante went to Henninger. I knew he was from Syracuse, but didn't know where.

And he's not someone who should be considered for the OC job. Got promoted from O-Line coach to HC like 5 years ago and has never been a coordinator. Definitely more of a CEO type.
Agree. Good coach, is exactly where he belongs….