OT: War Memorial will have a new name by Friday night | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: War Memorial will have a new name by Friday night

I can hardly wait until this kind of BS reaches DC...The Procter and Gamble Washington Monument...maybe the Facebook Lincoln Memorial?

The Trump House?

Well I won’t be going to Upstate if I get sick, just like I won’t go to St. joe’s.

Yeppers... back in the 70's while a student at SU...Grateful Dead, Yes, Jethro Tull, Moody Blues...etc, etc
And in the 80s I saw ozzy, Motley Crue, metallica, kiss, triumph, Queensryche, Bon Jovi, Cinderella, etc etc

I remember as a kid watching some great HS basketball games at the War Memorial between the Parochial League and the City league. I thought going to a game there was big time.

First off, no one calls it Upstate Medical University.

Second of all, why do they need to advertise? What possible purpose can it serve? Everyone in the area knows Upstate exists and that it is a hospital. It has been there for quite some time.

Thirdly, this is a horrible waste of money spent by an institution that loses massive amounts of money every year. How in the world can this be acceptable? The people making these decisions need to get fired and
spend the rest of their time in jail, contemplating their sins and planning how they can make it up to the public, whose trust and money was thrown away for no reason.
If the Sacklers aren't in jail, ain't nobody going to jail.

Yeah I've only head it called "Upstate."

That's why they are doing the naming - to remind people that they are a teaching college, not just a hospital like the others.

I was never comfortable with Onondaga County War Memorial. I mean everyone knows there was never a war in Onondaga County.
Never? Do the Natives American Iroquois not count?